Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #48166
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
Came down from the mountain to share your sage wisdom with the huddled masses? Or just spreading some of that special fertilizer.
That my friends is what is commonly referred to as true "Bovine Excrement".
Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #48167
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman2001 View Post
I'm looking into getting another set of rims and tires for my XR650L. I want a street set up, (road tires, smaller rear sprocket, etc). I don't want to have a motard set up, I want to have it so all I have to do is change wheels and go.

Who supplies after market parts for the bike?
Unless you have made your engine stronger, not just carb, intake and exhaust but cam and piston type stuff the engine isn't strong enough for a 40 tooth sprocket, I tried it and it didn't work out. 43 is great though. But now I'm back to a 45 with NX650 5th I like that a lot better cause you don't rob the power from the first 4 gears to get a "cruising" gear.

FWIW, sidewinder sprockets made the three above mentioned rear sprockets for me. Great customer service and they are fast too!

-Barron
Old 10-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #48168
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
The subjective bullshit on here is out of control and is misleading people.

Beware yea who know little, those who know slightly more are making themselves gods.
Wel.it` been awhile since your mouth blessed us hear.musta let ya out for the weekend did they......i don`t remember one post here or TT they you weren`t a sarcastic ass..........soo fuck off .

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #48169
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
So it takes those to live up to your screen name....

Thats the equivalent to Sunoco Blue 112 . HIGH PERFORMANCE

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #48170
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
Thats the equivalent to Sunoco Blue 112 . HIGH PERFORMANCE
You are a sick man........

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #48171
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
Hi JW,

I must clarify that I want to switch the headlight on and off.......hope this helps....the wiring diagram from XR Only is a little blurry and does not show connectors well.? The connector shown in the picture kills the headlight but I cannot find it on the diagram....?
eee
Put a switch on the ground. That'll get it for sure. It's the green one going in.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #48172
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
I'm looking into getting another set of rims and tires for my XR650L. I want a street set up, (road tires, smaller rear sprocket, etc). I don't want to have a motard set up, I want to have it so all I have to do is change wheels and go.

Who supplies after market parts for the bike?
I use to have an extra set of wheels. I bought mine on ebay. In total it was around $ 300 to $350 total. This might help you while your looking for rims. Xr 400 and xr 600 rear wheels will fit the xrl.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #48173
super samurai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316

Just realized the tire was miss marked! Says dunlop 952 on one tag and 606 on the other! Went to cycle gear to buy another and to my shock it was $115 , never even paid attention!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #48174
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by super samurai View Post
Just realized the tire was miss marked! Says dunlop 952 on one tag and 606 on the other! Went to cycle gear to buy another and to my shock it was $115 , never even paid attention!
Congratulations! Cycle gear screwed up, and you saved $28. I was sure you couldn't buy a D606 tire for $87 anywhere. I still prefer the D952 tire, size 110/90-18, which you can buy at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $69.99.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...i-Terrain-Tire

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #48175
Ironman2001
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Congratulations! Cycle gear screwed up, and you saved $28. I was sure you couldn't buy a D606 tire for $87 anywhere. I still prefer the D952 tire, size 110/90-18, which you can buy at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC for $69.99.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...i-Terrain-Tire

Spud
The difference being the 606 is street legal and the other one not. I think that's where the price difference is.
Ironman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #48176
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,622
Quote:
The difference being the 606 is street legal and the other one not. I think that's where the price difference is.
Indeed, you will be charged a hefty premium for DOT certification. However, the lighter, narrower, lower, less expensive, size 110/90-18, D952 rear tire performs just as well, or better on pavement than the D606 rear tire. Also, the tread of the D952 retains a rounder profile than the tread of the D606 as the tire wears down. This rounder profile helps the tire to grip better while cornering on pavement. In addition, the D952 has a more aggressive tread, which performs better in all off road riding. Both tires appear to be manufactured from a similar rubber compound.

Here's the tread pattern of the D952 rear tire.

Here's the tread pattern of the D606 rear tire.

In the great, free, western state of Idaho we don't need DOT certification for knobby tires. Therefore, I much prefer the D952 rear tire to the D606 rear tire.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #48177
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Indeed, you will be charged a hefty premium for DOT certification. However, the lighter, narrower, lower, less expensive, size 110/90-18, D952 rear tire performs just as well, or better on pavement than the D606 rear tire. Also, the tread of the D952 retains a rounder profile than the tread of the D606 as the tire wears down. This rounder profile helps the tire to grip better while cornering on pavement. In addition, the D952 has a more aggressive tread, which performs better in all off road riding. Both tires appear to be manufactured from a similar rubber compound.

In the great, free, western state of Idaho we don't need DOT certification for knobby tires. Therefore, I much prefer the D952 rear tire to the D606 rear tire.

Spud
Nice pic.

I've done enough riding around here to come to the conclusion that I don't care if its DOT approved or not, what price is the best now drives me. There is no one out here to enforce that crap anyways. When there are people enforcing it, they just want to make sure your plate is up to date. Otherwise if you just turn around when you see them, they don't pursue. Not a huge incentive to go 100% legit on the bike now is it? I hope one day to leave this pathetic state of over regulations and stuck up people.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #48178
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 690
SOLD.....D952 that is....

I have tried a few tires,,,,MCE, D606, GP-110...gonna try the D952 as per Spud. I like the 606 and I am sure I will like the 952 especially on price...How can one go wrong with that?

I have to ask the collective the question....why the DOT? Do you guys really have a problem inspecting tires at the shop or are you afraid of the law? In my many years of riding, no one ever paid attention to my tires including inspection stations....[New Jersey might have a problem]...what gives???

The only reason they pull you over is that you did something stu-bid. A non compliance tire is minor!?? Suckitup.

If your shop will not inspect your bike because of a tire,,,find a new shop!!!

eee
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #48179
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,512
Or... just take the wheels off yourself and take them in to the shop to have the tires done.

Hey Spud, have you considered trying the Dunlop MX71 tire? Only 3 bucks more than the D952, and it's made for harder pack, so maybe get more life out of it...

Nobody ever responded about mufflers, whether the internals are different between the 600R muffler and the 650L muffler...
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #48180
ShooterDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
SOLD.....D952 that is....

I have tried a few tires,,,,MCE, D606, GP-110...gonna try the D952 as per Spud. I like the 606 and I am sure I will like the 952 especially on price...How can one go wrong with that?

I have to ask the collective the question....why the DOT? Do you guys really have a problem inspecting tires at the shop or are you afraid of the law? In my many years of riding, no one ever paid attention to my tires including inspection stations....[New Jersey might have a problem]...what gives???

The only reason they pull you over is that you did something stu-bid. A non compliance tire is minor!?? Suckitup.

If your shop will not inspect your bike because of a tire,,,find a new shop!!!

eee
Exactly what I'm saying.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote