Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #48286
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
A lock in the front disc, a hidden cutoff switch, a large hungry dog.
Ditto....and you could plaster it with "OBAMA-Hope and Chains" stickers....47% will leave it alone.....

ecubed screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 02:53 PM
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #48287
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooga View Post
Hey guys,

I got my bike back after it was trashed during the joyride that happened after my XR650L was hot-wired:

Two U-Locks connected with a 5' Kryptonite chain: one on the pole and one on the brake. What else can I do? Thanks for all your advice.
I was reading a thread some where on the forum about bike theft (maybe in the Rockies section). The conclusion was, the best thing you can do is have good insurance. The 2nd best was a disk lock with an alarm to at least bring attention to them. May not stop them, but may have them think twice about continuing if attention is getting drawn to them. Add the secret kill switch and a big dog with a bad attitude and you should be covered the best you can.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #48288
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
Ditto....and you could plaster it with "OBAMA-Hope and Chains" stickers....THEY will leave it alone.....
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #48289
Barron
M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer: 2,220
Quote:

I like the hidden kill switch with a lock through the disk or chain, and FWIW, geico will insure farkles... My bikes farkes were well insured and documented so if it did walk away I could replace it.

Like previously posted though, if they want your bike they're gonna take it. I mean the thing only weighs 300 pounds so two guys and a pick up truck could have thee thing gone quick. The kill switch is just to make them mad, most guys won't go through the trouble to troubleshoot a stolen bike, they'll just dump it or set it on fire...

I never wanted my bike stolen (there's a lot of hours and pain in that bike), but I have been ready to send CW a new to me engine and some insurance money for a while

-Barron
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #48290
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Do you ride a BMW?
What was it that rubbed you the wrong way to begin with? I went back several pages and could not find anything except the usual. people voicing their opinions and experiences, right or wrong, regarding the XRL. Your biblical statement holds no water. How anybody be experienced enough to discern accurate information form BS without trying a few things and learning for yourself what works and does not.
Regarding your above post and to address your concerns:
Spelling, f__k off, I for one, barely have time to post information much less worry about spelling.
Sentence structure: F__k off and see above. If you need good grammar to be happy go to night school.
Childish: F__k off, who cares, sometimes it's just about nothing.
On line arguments: You are a wus if you don't. It's all part of the razz and the fun.
Threatening Behavior: In your opinion, clearly no body else worries about it.

Can always count on Fritz tellin it like it is

Thanks Fritz.........i really do love you...

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #48291
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
night vision.sawed off shotgun...

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #48292
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Can always count on Fritz tellin it like it is

Thanks Fritz.........i really do love you...

B
If you liked that, you will love this:

In retrospect, our fickle friend from the Commumist web site may have a point.
Some believe that a grammatically correct or glitzily presentation lends credence to its contents. These types of presentations may sway a large percentage of the general public. The remaining intelligent, less gullible percentage sees through the façade of rederick and seeks answers to the unanswered questions and inclusion of the missing facts.

I think you know who I am talking about.

Love all y'all too Man!
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 03:03 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #48293
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Anyone running a 140/80S18 Metzeler Sahara 3?
I have run a 140 Dunlop 908 RR and now have a Metzler Unicross at 140. If you have the stock plastic rear brake rotor guard, remove it so it will be easer to remove/install the rear wheel as a 140 is a tight fit between the swing arm and rotor guard.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #48294
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 441
Quote:

Some believe that a grammatically correct or glitzily presentation lends credence to its contents. These types of presentations may sway a large percentage of the general public. The remaining intelligent, less gullible percentage sees through the façade of rederick and seeks answers to the unanswered questions and inclusion of the missing facts.

Love all y'all too Man!
Your local son of a PhD in linguistics would like to point out that you probably meant rhetoric instead of rederick. That said, I normally ignore grammar and punctuation when the presented information is actually informative. I'm just picking on you because of the irony of the situation. Seriously, can we just let the troll be and get back to the XRL banter? This is the only page on all of advrider I've bothered to bookmark, and the last few pages have been largely wasted.

I for one want to hear more about the guts of the XRL mufflers, what CW is doing with them, how folks have managed to finagle extra mileage out of their rides, what tire combos work best in what situations, see fancy light mods and pictures of XRL's in the wild, and generally be distracted from my real life for a little while.

There's a public forest just a few kilometers from my house that I'm dying to check out. I've finally got the bike licensed here in Belgium, and have only had a few chances to wring it out. She's covered in mud from driving home through a turnip field last week before the temp dropped. Hehe. Shortest distance between two points may well be a straight line, but that doesn't account for 6 inches of slimy mud. Definitely took twice as long, but was at least twice the fun as well. If the temperature gets above 10 Celsius any of these afternoons, I'm going to take the bike and the camera and report back.
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #48295
Badger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
[QUOTE=mcma111;19924137]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

QUOTE]

Most likely the stem was torn off after the tube lost air. Air up the tube and look for a puncture of split.
Alright just got home from a ride and blew up the old tube.....didn't find any other hole or splint. Now I'm more stumped than before....

Any guesses on what happened??

Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #48296
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngaudioguy View Post
Your local son of a PhD in linguistics would like to point out that you probably meant rhetoric instead of rederick. That said, I normally ignore grammar and punctuation when the presented information is actually informative. I'm just picking on you because of the irony of the situation. Seriously, can we just let the troll be and get back to the XRL banter? This is the only page on all of advrider I've bothered to bookmark, and the last few pages have been largely wasted.

Thanks for the input.What can I say, I ride a Harley and a BMW.

Rhetoric:The art,study,or skill of using language effectively and persuasively; or elaborate, pretentious, insincere language.

rhet·o·ric; noun (in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast.

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 03:38 PM
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #48297
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron View Post
..... I mean the thing only weighs 300 pounds ..
-Barron
Get a 6Gal Tank.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #48298
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

[QUOTE=Badger;19926636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post

Alright just got home from a ride and blew up the old tube.....didn't find any other hole or splint. Now I'm more stumped than before....

Loose valve in stem.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #48299
ecubed
LFC Cat

Oddometer: 690
[QUOTE=Badger;19926636]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post

uh..Your valve stem fell off.....? I believe you said that was a Bikemaster tube? Generic junk.....Get a good tube, Metzeler, Dunlop, Moose,,,,,,etc. Better yet, Heavy Duty Moose....

Do you run a rim lock? You should.....In addition, do not tighten the stem nut as this will pull the stem from the tube as the tire spins on the rim.....all that power, you know.....rim lock.

ecubed screwed with this post 10-29-2012 at 03:50 PM
ecubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #48300
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:

Love all y'all too Man!
Holy shit,,,,,,,,you been learnin.......i hadta get me dictionery out for alot of em big words...still don`t know what the hell you were meanin there,,use smaller werds wills ya..

B