Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #50476
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalGuru View Post
Here's what I got.....

That's about all I have... Anyone else???

Don't forget the hermetically sealed, UV safe plastic bubble...

RZ Rob

RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #50477
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Oddometer: 726
MentalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #50478
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,467
Went for a short ride around town this morning with my new RK chain and 48t rear sprocket. My old chain must have been pretty jacked up, because the bike feels a LOT smoother now. I can tell it has a bit more grunt with the 48t sprocket, but not as big of a change as I had expected. My gear change points didn't change much, maybe down by a few mph.

This summer I may have to try the 14/48 combo on the trails.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #50479
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,308
Quote:

If you don't like my response ask to talk to a different voice.....
Don't sweat it. Thats just MentalGuru. He hates everyone.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 03:46 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #50480
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,308
Quote:

Sorry, must have missed that one...

Thanks for catching that one.

Depending on if you are a sporty fellow a BMG 50 would also add piece of mind. Stress this with the wife so you can get one while they are still available....

It shoots the little bullet on the left...

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #50481
JT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
o-ring

Well I hope I didn't screw it up. The gasket turned out pretty good. The o-ring maybe not :(

The parts house had one that looked to thin and one that looked too thick.
The one that came out was still soft so I reused it.

I'll wait till morning to start it with the the oil line to the head cracked loose.

Is there any way to know if the o-ring is ok other than bad noises?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #50482
elsalvadorklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,076
that oring is designed to compress once the cover is tightened down...

it will flatten...look at the recess in the cover where the dowel enters,...the oring when new is not the same diameter as the recess...its slightly smaller...once compressed it flattens out and creates the perfect seal..perfect meaning look at the dowel and how loose it fits in the oil pump recess...

when the engine gets hot and up to temp I bet EVERYTHING tightens up so it wont even budge..so I think youre good boss...

enjoy your trip
elsalvadorklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #50483
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
Uh oh. Here we go...

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #50484
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Eh?

Quote:
Don't sweat it. Thats just MentalGuru. He hates everyone.

Far from it... I don't hate. Its all good...

Here's the reason. It's all true. Here goes...

Twisted, but harmless is how I get described... I'm that just that far out there. With no chance of coming back. What you see are the ramblings from mental swings and other issues that are all me.

I'm a train wreck that somehow stayed on the rails(according to my doctor) and is lost on some abandoned tracks still able to move.

I've been riding since 1972 when I was 5 years old. I would guess I have crashed over 1000 times. I probably crashed 50-100 times just learning to wheelie my '75 XL100 I got when I was 9 years old.

I was hit in the head with a a baseball bat twice before I was 12. Been knocked out three times playing football and three times fighting in high school. Broke 4 Bell Moto 4 helmets in 2 years. Broke arm and knocked out cold jumping a 8' toboggan over 25'. I was in a Landcruser that rolled 3 times. Flipped a full race quad when riding to the trailer with no helmet(spasms/convulsions while unconscious for about 5 minutes according to the LEO who saw the whole thing).

I turned 21 about 1 week later.... That was 25 years ago...

I have had a F-250 4x4 pickup fall off someone elses hoist I was helping at work and hit me in the head. The hospital missed the compression fractures in my neck and the brain swelling. I have a brain tumor right where it hit my head....

This is when I was lost in time, 22 years ago. My brain stopped ageing then.... A bunch else has happened since then but I can't really remember it.

I have had around 20 concussions I'd guess. I have suffered acute brain trama 4 times also.

Having a brain tumor is constaint brain trama. I'm just not bad enough to risk anything yet(or so I hope).

What I do remember is everything about certain things.

There is a battle of voices(or tangents of thoughts) that are hard to keep up with and on the subject... ADD for sure...

At times I'm surpised when I read a post I left earlier. I'm out there sometimes.... As you can see.....

This site is one of my places I going to stay somewhat sane.

I don't know what else to really say. Lately I have just been stressed out...

This doen't even count having my heart stopped because I was having SVT arrhythmias, stents, oblatitions, a neck fusion, a back fusion, every disc degenerated, some bulging and on and on and on.

I'm just saying how it it is. I'm going in to have my brain tumor checked again because it has growing and I feel even further off base in just the last month...

So please don't hate..... I'm just trying to deal...

Over and out....

Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #50485
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Laugh

Quote:
Where can I get one???
Where can I get one???
Where can I get one???

I want one!!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #50486
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Quote:
Far from it... I don't hate. Its all good...

Here's the reason. It's all true. Here goes...

Twisted, but harmless is how I get described... I'm that just that far out there. With no chance of coming back. What you see are the ramblings from mental swings and other issues that are all me.

I'm a train wreck that somehow stayed on the rails(according to my doctor) and is lost on some abandoned tracks still able to move.

I've been riding since 1972 when I was 5 years old. I would guess I have crashed over 1000 times. I probably crashed 50-100 times just learning to wheelie my '75 XL100 I got when I was 9 years old.

I was hit in the head with a a baseball bat twice before I was 12. Been knocked out three times playing football and three times fighting in high school. Broke 4 Bell Moto 4 helmets in 2 years. Broke arm and knocked out cold jumping a 8' toboggan over 25'. I was in a Landcruser that rolled 3 times. Flipped a full race quad when riding to the trailer with no helmet(spasms/convulsions while unconscious for about 5 minutes according to the LEO who saw the whole thing).

I turned 21 about 1 week later.... That was 25 years ago...

I have had a F-250 4x4 pickup fall off someone elses hoist I was helping at work and hit me in the head. The hospital missed the compression fractures in my neck and the brain swelling. I have a brain tumor right where it hit my head....

This is when I was lost in time, 22 years ago. My brain stopped ageing then.... A bunch else has happened since then but I can't really remember it.

I have had around 20 concussions I'd guess. I have suffered acute brain trama 4 times also.

Having a brain tumor is constaint brain trama. I'm just not bad enough to risk anything yet(or so I hope).

What I do remember is everything about certain things.

There is a battle of voices(or tangents of thoughts) that are hard to keep up with and on the subject... ADD for sure...

At times I'm surpised when I read a post I left earlier. I'm out there sometimes.... As you can see.....

This site is one of my places I going to stay somewhat sane.

I don't know what else to really say. Lately I have just been stressed out...

This doen't even count having my heart stopped because I was having SVT arrhythmias, stents, oblatitions, a neck fusion, a back fusion, every disc degenerated, some bulging and on and on and on.

I'm just saying how it it is. I'm going in to have my brain tumor checked again because it has growing and I feel even further off base in just the last month...

So please don't hate..... I'm just trying to deal...

Over and out....

Impressive, most impressive. I hit my head on a big piece of rock a few years ago falling down into a steep creek/canyon. For the next year if a jumped off the back of pick tailgate or a few steps my bell would ring. Concussions aren't fun! Take care of yourself MentalGuru!
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #50487
MentalGuru
Crazy Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
Impressive, most impressive. I hit my head on a big piece of rock a few years ago falling down into a steep creek/canyon. For the next year if a jumped off the back of pick tailgate or a few steps my bell would ring. Concussions aren't fun! Take care of yourself MentalGuru!
Thanks... I think....

Heres a musical interlude

Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #50488
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
...Concussions aren't fun! Take care of yourself MentalGuru!
X2, Guru. I will remember you in my prayers.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #50489
bosley1980
Rider

Oddometer: 149
Query

Can somebody please verify and write (PM) whether Footpegs would fit on your motorcycle.
Which dimensions modify to fit them.
Thank you very much

Drawings here

and

Implementation:

bosley1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #50490
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Quote:

Wait, perhaps I'd save the plastic bubble for you instead of the bike.....

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote