ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #50506
Gone14s
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gone14s's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Sac. Ca
Oddometer: 107
Is there a link for Dave's carb mod, I did a search and could not find it. 95 XR650l.

Thanks Kurt
__________________
Def. of man:
We spend 9 months trying to get out, and the rest of our lives trying to get back in.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/...900%20elefant/

Gone14s screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 12:20 PM
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #50507
The Dogger
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Great Britain
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
Just want to say thanks to Christian, Steve, Mike, Headtrauma, Fritz and everyone else for the advice on the clutch job. I took a little ride this morning and everything worked great, no slipping, no leaks and the bike is shifting smoother than ever.
Cheers,
JT
Hi JT

I noted you said in an earlier post " I'll wait till morning to start it with the the oil line to the head cracked loose."

I was lead to believe you should crack the oil line open after the motor has been running for a short while , rather than crack it before starting the bike.??

Good to hear your bike is running well now

Cheers , Stu
The Dogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #50508
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer
 
mcma111's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco,Ca.
Oddometer: 11,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
Is there a link for Dave's carb mod, I did a search and could not find it. 95 XR650l.

Thanks Kurt
http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/xr650lcarbmods/
__________________
Steve in SF

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #50509
taco250
wannabe adventurer
 
taco250's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: LaGrange, GA
Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
here some pic of my xr650l dale







Nice! What's that fairing off of?
__________________
Prov 3:5 & 6

www.benddualsport.com

300+ mile Paisley OR day ride
taco250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #50510
JT
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Elgin, Texas
Oddometer: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dogger View Post
Hi JT

I noted you said in an earlier post " I'll wait till morning to start it with the the oil line to the head cracked loose."

I was lead to believe you should crack the oil line open after the motor has been running for a short while , rather than crack it before starting the bike.??

Good to hear your bike is running well now

Cheers , Stu
Well maybe I did it wrong. I loosened the banjo bolt and cranked it, it fired immediately and about 2 seconds later the oil started blowing out. I immediately shut it down and tightened the bolt. Started it again and it sounded normal. It's running as well as ever and it has about 35000 miles on it. Shifting better than ever too. It used to be difficult to find neutral and a little crunchy on downshifts. Now neutral is easy and the downshifts are smooth as can be.
__________________
"The road don't go forever, so ride it while it lasts."
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #50511
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Spud Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
Well maybe I did it wrong. I loosened the banjo bolt and cranked it, it fired immediately and about 2 seconds later the oil started blowing out. I immediately shut it down and tightened the bolt. Started it again and it sounded normal. It's running as well as ever and it has about 35000 miles on it. Shifting better than ever too. It used to be difficult to find neutral and a little crunchy on downshifts. Now neutral is easy and the downshifts are smooth as can be.
You did well.

I crack the bottom banjo bolt, and crank the engine with the kill switch turned off. If you see any oil issue from the banjo bolt, the pump is primed. If you run the engine with the banjo bolt loose, the oil flow can quickly make a good mess.

Spud
__________________
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #50512
The Dogger
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Great Britain
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You did well.

I crack the bottom banjo bolt, and crank the engine with the kill switch turned off. If you see any oil issue from the banjo bolt, the pump is primed. If you run the engine with the banjo bolt loose, the oil flow can quickly make a good mess.

Spud
Good point , Spud. Hadn't thought of whizzing it over with the kill switch off.........having said that , mine's a kick only 600 so makes sense ( for me ) to have it running, open the banjo,check the flow and close the banjo, all in one quick move. Quick wipe down , and I'm done.

Cheers , Stu
The Dogger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #50513
HONDABIKEPRO
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Washington state, lakewood
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco250 View Post
Nice! What's that fairing off of?
It is targa fairing.
HONDABIKEPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #50514
bosley1980
Rider
 
bosley1980's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Middle Europe
Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
those are for an xt600. They wont fit
i thank you for report
bosley1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #50515
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider
 
Mossy-Back's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by JThompson View Post
Just want to say thanks to Christian, Steve, Mike, Headtrauma, Fritz and everyone else for the advice on the clutch job. I took a little ride this morning and everything worked great, no slipping, no leaks and the bike is shifting smoother than ever.
Cheers,
JT
Glad it went well! I should be doing mine later this week sometime as long as I can get the gasket and o-ring.
__________________
Evan
2013 Husqvarna Strada
'93 XR650L (Gone, but missed)
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #50516
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider
 
Mossy-Back's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Corvallis, OR
Oddometer: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
here some pic of my xr650l dale


That's a pretty sweet looking XR there. How's the handling on and off road with the 17's on it?
__________________
Evan
2013 Husqvarna Strada
'93 XR650L (Gone, but missed)
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #50517
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
It is targa fairing.
super nice setup!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #50518
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!
 
Sub Zero's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Oddometer: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
here some pic of my F800GS dale







ur in the wrong thread dood!!! you should be posting in the forum containing these kinda bikes!



__________________
1994 Yamaha WR250-Z | 1995 Kawasaki KX500 | 1998 Kawasaki KLX300 | 2004 Honda CRF450R (Motard) | 2009 Kawasaki KX450F | 2001 Honda XR650R | 1992 Yamaha WR200R | 1992 Yamaha WR500-Z
"Great! What am I supposed to use now?! Harsh language?!?!?"
- Duke Nukem
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #50519
Gone14s
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Gone14s's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Sac. Ca
Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcma111 View Post
Thanks Steve.

Kurt
__________________
Def. of man:
We spend 9 months trying to get out, and the rest of our lives trying to get back in.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/...900%20elefant/
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #50520
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
ur in the wrong thread dood!!! you should be posting in the forum containing these kinda bikes!


Yep thats a beautiful set-up xrl adventure-tourer......but it would never survive my kinda riding, I'd either kill the bike or it would kill me
__________________
"Don't get so concerned with the slab that you choose a turd for the dirt"- The Gospel as spoken by itrack
Sierra Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014