User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #53926
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,109
add a usb charger port
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #53927
mendoteach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
The dash is looking good. Keep it up! Maybe you'll make one to fit the Voyager. Hopefully, Trailtech comes out with a fully map, color version one of these days. The market is ready!

Spud, D-Ray is legit! I just watched the oil changing one. SWEET!
mendoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #53928
ThumpnRed
Pig Wrangler

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
add a usb charger port
hmmmm... Is that version 4 that I see on the horizon?
ThumpnRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #53929
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjsgptx View Post
Any of you guys ever had your XR run like it is missing? When I start mine it just seems like it takes forever for it to warm up and even when i put it on no choke, it sounds like it is missing and sometimes dies. Any ideas? Air filter is good. Has gasoline, lights and horn works. Only thing is, i cant seem to get my spark plug socket down in there to get it out. I am using a 5/8" sparkplug socket. Is thier a special size i dont know about? I am a noob with this bike so take it easy on me!

Chris
You need a thin-wall spark plug socket, such as the one Honda "used" to supply in the tool kit. You can get the "official" spark plug socket from Honda. It's part #2 in the following diagram.

The spark plug socket is Honda part #89216-MJ1-000, and it sells for $14.45. I'm sure you can get an aftermarket socket which will also work.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #53930
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoteach View Post
The dash is looking good. Keep it up! Maybe you'll make one to fit the Voyager. Hopefully, Trailtech comes out with a fully map, color version one of these days. The market is ready!

Spud, D-Ray is legit! I just watched the oil changing one. SWEET!
X2 on the dashboard, Red!

D-Ray is a good ol' boy; I would love to go riding with him!

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #53931
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpnRed View Post
hmmmm... Is that version 4 that I see on the horizon?
Definitely add a USB port, and anything else you can think of! I'm designing a mount for a Trail Tech Vapor I plan to install on my "new to me," CRF250X. Do you plan to secure the mount to the handlebars bolts?

Spud
Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #53932
GPrairie_Rider
Dirt Junkie

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
You need a thin-wall spark plug socket, such as the one Honda "used" to supply in the tool kit. You can get the "official" spark plug socket from Honda. It's part #2 in the following diagram.

The spark plug socket is Honda part #89216-MJ1-000, and it sells for $14.45. I'm sure you can get an aftermarket socket which will also work.

Spud
Thanks Spud! Any way to help me about my bike running like shit?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #53933
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Spud! Any way to help me about my bike running like shit?
A poorly running engine can be caused by problems in one of the four, following areas.

1) Spark
2) Fuel
3) Air
4) Compression

It's hard to tell what is causing the problem until you do some testing. I would start with the spark plug, but you need a new socket before you can remove it.

Are the jets clean in your carburetor? Have you cleaned the air filter? Does the bike have good compression?

Spud
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #53934
Walterxr650l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,217
Quote:
Any of you guys ever had your XR run like it is missing? When I start mine it just seems like it takes forever for it to warm up and even when i put it on no choke, it sounds like it is missing and sometimes dies. Any ideas? Air filter is good. Has gasoline, lights and horn works. Only thing is, i cant seem to get my spark plug socket down in there to get it out. I am using a 5/8" sparkplug socket. Is thier a special size i dont know about? I am a noob with this bike so take it easy on me!

Chris
You need either the spark plug wrench that came in the stock tool kit, or something like this special socket from Motion Pro.

The spark plug is 18mm, but because of how deep it is in the head, and some other obstructions on the head you can't get a standard 18mm spark plug socket down to it. You need a thin wall design. The tool kit spark plug socket can be ordered from your favorite Honda dealer, or you can buy the one pictured and linked above. My parts book lists part # 89216-MJ1-000 for the Honda tool. There may be other options but I don't know what they are. I would also note that about 2007 or 2008 Honda quit including the tool kit on the bike when new. You now have to buy it separately if you want it.

Walter
That has stayed at home."
Walterxr650l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #53935
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV BUM View Post
If there was anytime you could afford Giantloop stuff, now is the time. They are improving/ changing models so some stores have the old stock on clearance. I just picked up the older mojavi. I already had the coyote. Mojavi is great for everyday stuff, but if your really camping or traveling off the bike the coyote holds much more.
And the Great Basin holds even more!

What's the best place to buy this stuff on sale?
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #53936
Sierra Thumper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 641
Question Is a Sudco FCR41 flatside pumper carb worth the upgrade on an internally stock motor?

A friend has a Sudco FCR41 flatslide pumper carb for sale.....I was thinking of picking it up, but I wanted to know from you guys what performance gains I would get on an internally stock motor. I have a Uni filter, desnorkeled and cut air box, full exhaust and the stock carb with Daves Mods. Will the FCR give me any more overall power than the stock carb?
I'm not sure I want to go through the carb swapping effort unless I can get more power......I'm happy enough with the throttle response of the stock carb that I don't want the hassle of changing over just for that.
C'mon pumper guys, lead me down the right path

Also, would I need to get a different throttle or cables? And I'm assuming I'd need an adapter or 2 of some kind to mount the carb up?
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #53937
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsalvadorklr View Post
... something we forget entirely is that all of us ADD weight, be it skidplate, bar risers, barkbusters, bigger pegs, racks etc...
Not watching out diet...

OOPS Red beat me to it again
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #53938
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Not more power , just more instant power thru better throttle response.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #53939
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
I guess I'm the exception the only weight added to my bike is the skidplate.......but the stock rockguard had to come off for it. Besides that my bike is minus some stock parts, and other parts have been replaced with lighter aftermarket stuff. My bikes ALL dirt bike......well as close as a street legal dualsport can get
Just me, my machine and my backpack
That makes two of us, so I guess you're not THE exception.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #53940
Mossy-Back
Wet-Sider

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:

Chris
For mine I use a deep 18mm socket, a 3/8 u-joint, and a long extension. Works for me.
Ooh-Rah! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
figures...my stud was rusty I played with my nuts a little and it cranked right over
Mossy-Back is offline   Reply With Quote