Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #62806
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave Hawaii View Post
I use Honda Spray Polish. Works on anything. Paint, plastic, glass, chrome. Sheds water really well.
Rained today on the way to work. Just turn your head a little and sheds the drops really well.
Found a deal on Craigslist and bought a case of Honda Polish. The original stuff that smells great.

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #62807
DaveHunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
I'd just trim them off, I've never had good luck trying to bend them back. Here's some inexpensive bark busters but they dont have the plastic covers
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...num-Handguards
Now we are talking. Thanks!
DaveHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #62808
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,006
These things are freakin heavy when they drop 6 feet onto you... yeah go ahead pick on my girly cries for mercy...

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #62809
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
I'd just trim them off, I've never had good luck trying to bend them back. Here's some inexpensive bark busters but they dont have the plastic covers
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...num-Handguards
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHunter View Post
Now we are talking. Thanks!
X2 on Jay's recommendation for the Tusk Handguards. They will pay for themselves after they save two brake levers.

You can always add the other components later, if you wish.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...dguard-Shields

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...-Flex-Spoilers

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #62810
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Ims 4.0 v ims 4.7

Hi

I have the ims 4.0 tank on my xr600. (Below)

Considering getting the ims 4.7 gal tank

Anyone offer any views on the differences ?
Man I feel in love with this 600 when I first seen it on thumpertalk. I remember spending weeks trying to a kickstand like this one for weeks.
If I remember correctly it was made for a drz 400. Nicely done.

Ben99r1 screwed with this post 09-20-2013 at 01:39 AM
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:47 AM   #62811
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 573
mapping the gps

Which do you prefer? Mapsource, Base Camp, Dual Sport Map... I'm wanting to use one map for the Garmin 60CSX. I want the easiest, friendly, concise, and trusted. Since this is a XR thread, It is on my 650l, lastly, would it make any sense to splice the wire and put in a toggle switch fixed on the handlebar?
Hazman27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:19 AM   #62812
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
Are there any time honored, tried and trued Rain-X like formulas that work on a helmet visor? Any one with a home made version that works?
The Honda polish is a good suggestion and and makes the bike look good also. Some of the Goldwing riders will swear by Pledge furniture polish for their windshields (Pledge works good on plastic also). What I like better than Pledge is Turtle Wax ICE spray-on wax.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #62813
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
Which do you prefer? Mapsource, Base Camp, Dual Sport Map... I'm wanting to use one map for the Garmin 60CSX. I want the easiest, friendly, concise, and trusted. Since this is a XR thread, It is on my 650l, lastly, would it make any sense to splice the wire and put in a toggle switch fixed on the handlebar?
Lots of info in the GPS section :) but Mapsource is my favorite. Most say Mapsource is simpler to use and it could be if I started with Basecamp that I'd find Mapsource harder to use. I've played a little with Dual Sport Maps but I still use Mapsource to look at the tracks and then load the tacks on my GPS.

I tapped into switched power under the headlight shroud for my outlet on the handlebars. When the key is turned off there is no power to my outlet. If you are concerned about leaving the GPS on while the bike is off and running down the battery I'd recommend finding switched power. Even with a switch on the handlebars I'd forget to turn it off from time to time
Old 09-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #62814
RZRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
These things are freakin heavy when they drop 6 feet onto you... yeah go ahead pick on my girly cries for mercy...
You get an A for effort, but I think I'm seeing where Crazy Idiot comes from...

RZ Rob
RZRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #62815
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
I had to replace the top chain slider that my brother made but its basically the same thing. It's a piece of high density plastic(cutting board) riveted to the swing arm. I also cut the vertical chain slider so that the flat one rides underneath it.

That looks nicely done.

For an unmodified swing arm, screwing the $35 OEM replacement part on is a bit more expedient.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #62816
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,470
Quote:
Are there any time honored, tried and trued Rain-X like formulas that work on a helmet visor? Any one with a home made version that works?
I use abrasive free Boat Paste Wax on mine. Seems to add life to the shield by protecting it from the minor scratches.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #62817
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Yikes! That does not look good. You really had a time out there. Lucky you didn't get hurt bad. A divine force must be on your side.

Now I see why I didn't get audio before. The speaker was on mute so no matter the volume setting. If you hadn't said "cries", I wouldn't have known to track down the audio problem. That's some interesting footage you shot there.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #62818
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzcoinc View Post
You should change your handle.
In fact let's have a Top Ten List for New Handles for OFFandON.
#9 William Buckley 650
#10 Einstein XRL
Update:
#6 KANTKPUPWME
#7 FSTRNEVBODELS
#8 JIS standard
#9 William Buckley 650
#10 Einstein XRL
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #62819
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

2hlpfl4owngd
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #62820
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,487
Quote:
"Get it off me ... PLEASE"
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote