Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #331
the venturer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,409
Burayı boşladık gerçekten.
Herkese hayırlı bayramlar.
Kazasız, belasız, keyifli sürüşler diliyorum herkese.
the venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 AM   #332
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Maraba.

Damned.
U can call me stupid. I'm back from Turkey and I didn't check this thread before !
Even if most of you seems to be located in Istanbul as I went to the south coast mostly. Northern location I went was Izmir.
So next time as I'm sure there will be one, I'll pay attention
Teshekur.
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #333
the venturer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
Maraba.

Damned.
U can call me stupid. I'm back from Turkey and I didn't check this thread before !
Even if most of you seems to be located in Istanbul as I went to the south coast mostly. Northern location I went was Izmir.
So next time as I'm sure there will be one, I'll pay attention
Teshekur.
Welcome to our backyard.
Count me in the next time you are in.
Cheers
the venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #334
strommer
Ride for balance

Oddometer: 374
And if you consider Capadoccia look me up as well.
strommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #335
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommer
And if you consider Capadoccia look me up as well.
it is not that we haven't thought of it !!
Damned.
this country is soooooo big !
and there's so much to see !!
teshekur.
/thierry
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #336
strommer
Ride for balance

Next time...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #337
AGIRABI OP
The World Is Mine

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
it is not that we haven't thought of it !!
Damned.
this country is soooooo big !
and there's so much to see !!
teshekur.
/thierry
I remember, you were canceled your Turkey trip at 2007. After all my route suggestions remember.

Anyway mate, when you comeback next time, you allways welcome on our RAKI table.
AGIRABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #338
khpossum
poster

Oddometer: 461
Mefos or Heidenau tires in Turkey anywhere

Does anyone know if Heidenau K60 or Mefos Explorer tires are anywhere to be had in Turkey? We'll be on our way to Mongolia next year and want to start with a fresh set of tires (90/90/21 and 170/80/17) before crossing into Georgia. Our approx route: Istanbul, SW coast, Antalya, Konya, Kayseri, Malatya, Trabzon, Georgia border

KP
khpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #339
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by khpossum
Does anyone know if Heidenau K60 or Mefos Explorer tires are anywhere to be had in Turkey? We'll be on our way to Mongolia next year and want to start with a fresh set of tires (90/90/21 and 170/80/17) before crossing into Georgia. Our approx route: Istanbul, SW coast, Antalya, Konya, Kayseri, Malatya, Trabzon, Georgia border

KP
You can check with www.buzmotor.com . They are in Istanbul and have a good service. Their email address is info@buzmotor.com. I am not sure if they speak English but try otherwise pm me I can communicate with them regarding your question.
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #340
khpossum
poster

Viatormundi, thanks for your quick response. I send them an e-mail. Looking at their website they are referring to a location "Kabatas". If that is indeed the one near Trabzon then that would be really good. It means we have another good location availble for work on our bike if needed and if they have or can get tires there it would be even better. Looking at Google maps this Kabatas is a ways out of the way, so I suspect it is somewhere else. Anyone know?

KP
Old 12-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #341
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by khpossum
Viatormundi, thanks for your quick response. I send them an e-mail. Looking at their website they are referring to a location "Kabatas". If that is indeed the one near Trabzon then that would be really good. It means we have another good location availble for work on our bike if needed and if they have or can get tires there it would be even better. Looking at Google maps this Kabatas is a ways out of the way, so I suspect it is somewhere else. Anyone know?

KP
KP, Kabatas is a city part of Istanbul on the European site. Buzmotor has another shop in the Asian part of Istanbul and the third one is in Izmir, another large city on the west of Turkey.

For your information, MEFO or Heidenaus are for sure difficult to get in Turkey, I am not even sure if it is possible at all but try your chance with buzmotor. On the other hand, TKC80s are easier to find.

If you want to replace you tires not in Istanbul but later in the eastern part of Turkey then my suggestion would be to pick the tires in Istanbul and carry them or ship with freight to a hotel you will stay in the eastern part.
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #342
strommer
Ride for balance

I had a pair of riding boots shipped from Istanbul to a German riders' hotel in Van, in Eastern Turkey. Took less than 2 days I think and got there with no issues. If you find whatever tyres you need in Istanbul, get them. Your chances of finding specialized tyres will become increasingly slimmer once you pass Ankara and go further east.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #343
PerpetualMotion
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
A bit of side info, just a few days ago I sent a rather big package through the PTT, the postal service of Turkey. It's extremely cheap compared to the western companies and some other private companies in Turkey. The expected delivery time is 2 business days, I got my package in 1 business day.

It costs just 23-25 euro cents per kilo, and I insured my package for €500. The cost of insurance was negligible.

My point is, even if you do find the tires you are looking for in Istanbul, just get them shipped to a hotel or an address in Trabzon.

PS: I'm not employed by the PTT :)
PerpetualMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM   #344
Basri
Since 1965

Oddometer: 134
Hi, just noticed, great thread...

Basri in Kusadası.

This is my BMW "GS" site in Turkey; www.bmwgstr.com
Old 12-19-2009, 09:25 PM   #345
khpossum
poster

perpetualmotion, thanks for that tip. I have not found a source for Heidenau or Mefos tires or other tires in Istanbul that will last the required 8000 miles.

Even if I can not find tires in Istanbul I may bring them in from Germany and ship them from Istanbul to Trabzon. That way I will not have to put them on the bike everyday for 3 weeks or have to deal with customs.

Anybody know of a reliable place in Trabzon I could mail them to?

KP