ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #826
WFO
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: in the caribou
Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly
400 miles young! Man do I like this bike.


damn those look good in blue
Not to piss any owners off or anything.....but did they do any thing to quiet the fan on the 08's. Or are there any home brewed mods that work. Will a free flowing exhaust & richer fuel map keep it from coming on so often?
I have only ridden an uly once for about 10 min at one of those harley ride days (Painfully slow) (the ride, not the bike) does the fan come on at higher speeds or is ther enoough air flow to keep the temps down?
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #827
Ulyssessix
Studly Adventurer
 
Ulyssessix's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 630
No, but a lot of changes to lower the need for it including a larger oil cooler and high capacity oil pump. At Liberty I tested a '08 TT with 2000 miles on it. After a 30 minute ride in city traffic the fan did not come on until I turned it off.
__________________
M2nc

06 Buell Ulysses
99 Buell M2 Cyclone
99 Honda Z50R (Hot Rod)
Ulyssessix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #828
PSO
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Easton, Md
Oddometer: 196
Boy o boy that blue is pretty, now if they only made it in that color green.
PSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:23 AM   #829
danger_dave OP
Home again
 
danger_dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane, Quinslund
Oddometer: 3,086
My last two test bikes - Rune and Concours 1400 have had fans that do exactly the same.

It's only a fan - get over it.

__________________
Dave's Place

danger_dave screwed with this post 09-26-2007 at 07:35 AM
danger_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #830
jmoore813
Road Warrior
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Mansfield Center, CT
Oddometer: 159
Are the fans really that much louder than the XB9 series? I'm surprised to hear so much bitching about them...
jmoore813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #831
danger_dave OP
Home again
 
danger_dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane, Quinslund
Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore813
Are the fans really that much louder than the XB9 series? I'm surprised to hear so much bitching about them...
i don't think so. I've heard more whining in posts about it than from the actual fan.
__________________
Dave's Place

danger_dave screwed with this post 09-26-2007 at 08:12 AM
danger_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 AM   #832
mwd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mwd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dave
My last two test bikes - Rune and Concours 1400 have had fans that do exactly the same.

It's only a fan - get over it.

Dammit Dave, you gotta teach me to ride like that. I got stranded 160 miles from home with a rear puncture and a deadline, so had to get a lift home...



If I could ride home like you do then I'd've been okay :)
__________________
Buell XB12X Ulysses
mwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #833
danger_dave OP
Home again
 
danger_dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane, Quinslund
Oddometer: 3,086
Overkill on the truck innit????

Get one of these - got me out of trouble half a dozen times. we all carry them on the roads down here.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/es...le_repair_kit/

10 minutes and you are away. 8 of that is waiting for it to dry.
__________________
Dave's Place

danger_dave screwed with this post 09-26-2007 at 05:17 PM
danger_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #834
Ulyssessix
Studly Adventurer
 
Ulyssessix's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 630
I carry this small electric air compressor. It is pretty strong. I have seated tires on the rim during tire changes and pumped up the Suburban tires. It plugs in to the Uly power outlet so I can play with tire pressures on the road. If I go off road and want to lower tire pressures its no big deal.

Name:  Ditch_Uly10.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  42.9 KB
__________________
M2nc

06 Buell Ulysses
99 Buell M2 Cyclone
99 Honda Z50R (Hot Rod)
Ulyssessix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #835
pistol777
Freedom Seeker
 
pistol777's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: The Great Northwest
Oddometer: 323
Yes those fans are so loud when a friend of mine rode past the National Hurriane Center he set off alarms that went al the way to Jersey.
pistol777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #836
bmonnig
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO
Boy o boy that blue is pretty, now if they only made it in that color green.
I wish they'd just offer the plastic in clear, with the logo on it. Then we could paint the inside any color we'd want, and we'd have a nice, factory looking paint job. Kind of like the lexan bodies on RC cars. :)
bmonnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #837
ADK
_____
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Oddometer: 8,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonnig
I wish they'd just offer the plastic in clear, with the logo on it. Then we could paint the inside any color we'd want, and we'd have a nice, factory looking paint job. Kind of like the lexan bodies on RC cars. :)
That sounds like a business opportunity to me, get on it.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #838
mwd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mwd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dave
Overkill on the truck innit????

Get one of these - got me out of trouble half a dozen times. we all carry them on the roads down here.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/es...le_repair_kit/

10 minutes and you are away. 8 of that is waiting for it to dry.
I do carry one, but I'd never used it before, and I had a pillion + luggage, so I didn't want to risk it. Had I been on my own I'd probably have gone for it, but I worry enough about my gf suffering for my bike obsession :)

The truck was just what my accident assistance company did - they opted not to plug it. Not ideal, but it got me home!
__________________
Buell XB12X Ulysses
mwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 AM   #839
danger_dave OP
Home again
 
danger_dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Brisbane, Quinslund
Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwd
I do carry one, but I'd never used it before, and I had a pillion + luggage, so I didn't want to risk it. Had I been on my own I'd probably have gone for it, but I worry enough about my gf suffering for my bike obsession :)
!
I made the mistake of going on a dirt road with Pirelli Corsas and a passenger on a Triumph Trophy. 3 plugs in 10km.
Held fine with some spirited riding ensuing. But I owed all the lads CO2 bottles.

If the girl is interfering with motorcycles - get a new girl.
Mine buys them for me.
__________________
Dave's Place
danger_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #840
mwd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mwd's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dave
I made the mistake of going on a dirt road with Pirelli Corsas and a passenger on a Triumph Trophy. 3 plugs in 10km.
Held fine with some spirited riding ensuing. But I owed all the lads CO2 bottles.

If the girl is interfering with motorcycles - get a new girl.
Mine buys them for me.
Oh, she's not - she encouraged me to get a new bike earlier this year, so it's her I have to thank for me having the new Ulysses!

It's more I didn't want to subject her me making a mess of puncture repairs and it was late in the day :) I'm a wimp really ;)

Still, back in action now!
__________________
Buell XB12X Ulysses
mwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014