Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Organic Mechanic OP
Awesome sauce taster

Oddometer: 139
One of Our Locals Needs help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin, the orginizer
Kirk was in a motorcycle accident on 18 May 2015. He is currently in the ICU and in need of multiple surgeries. His wife is 38 weeks pregnant with their second child. While he is recovering, his wife is staying in hotels with their 2-year-old son while being 4 hours away from home. Any money raised will be going towards her expenses while with her husband (hotel, food, kennel for their dog), any medical bills, and household bills while they are out of work and during his recovery.

Kirk is in the IT field and Michelle is a member of the Illinois Air National Guard. They will both be out of work once she has their new baby and could use all the help they can get!

I am raising this money for Kirk and Michelle because we are really good friends and they are an amazing couple. My husband and I introduced them 6 and a half years ago and I was the maid of honor at their wedding. We are in the same motorcycle riding and racing group in the St Louis area.

All money raised is being deposited it directly into their checking account. We bank at the same institution and they are allowing me to deposit into their account.

Please support this amazing family and any help is appreciated.
http://www.gofundme.com/v8y548z
Organic Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
I just got moved in, starting another job. And I just started riding again. I'll see what I can do. I will pray for this family. I hope all gets better quickly.
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
Organic Mechanic OP
Awesome sauce taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk's Wife
Kirk is having his surgery now for his trichotomy and stomach peg. They have found at least 3 blood clots in his arms, 1 in his left 2 in his right. This is why they installed the filter in his chest yesterday. His brain swelling and bleeding has come down, we are still waiting for his spinal fluid to stop and his brain to learn to soak it back up again. A decision will be made next week as far as next action for that. Whether they install a shunt or his brain can absorb it again. Once either of those surgeries are done and he is stable again, we are looking to transfer to Kindred Hospital in St. Louis for extended care until he wakes up. Then another facility for rehabilitation and physical therapy. With each day Kirk is showing me more and more that he is able to move his arms and legs. He has started cracking his knuckles and strokes my hand. I will continue to be by his side every minute they allow me to be and will continue to do so until my water brakes. I want to thank everyone for your ongoing love and support.
updating...
Old 05-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Please forgive the question, but how did this accident happen. If it's to soon to bring this up, I'll understand. I just rode with a friend, for the first time. He lead, I followed.

What I'm saying is this, I rode through traffic, not like I usually do. But I had to keep up with him, or I'd be lost. I might of had an accident. I will pray for this family.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
mangosmoothie
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I don't know how much I can say or should say, but the accident wasn't a result of "trying to keep up." It was a direct result of wildlife.
mangosmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

That's unpredictable, keep us posted. It seems like he's going to pull through.

Dirtbiker screwed with this post 05-29-2015 at 07:03 AM Reason: Content.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #7
Organic Mechanic OP
Awesome sauce taster

Friends Cheri and Bob went to visit today during lunch and this is what she said about the visit with Kirk and Michelle:
His opens his eyes and while he doesn't look directly at people, his pupils are normal and both eyes aligned!!! Cheri and Michelle were holding his hands and Cheri saw him using his fingers to rub Michelle's hand, and Cheri got bigger squeezes back from him during times she was speaking that would make sense for him to do so! Bob was talking to Kirk telling him he has" a big job ahead of him to get better quick for his family" and Kirk pointed his finger at him! Cheri thought it was to signal that he knows that and will do that! Kirk likes his foot rubbed (which Cheri has been doing on visits) and she said he is moving his foot and leg more than ever. He yawned a couple of times (he is going back under sedation for surgery this afternoon to do the trach as they didn't get it done yesterday). He just started cracking his knuckles, something that Michelle says he does at home. He moved/lifted his shoulder and lifted his arm to the maximum range he can do (they still have him restrained).
Old 05-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Dirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm glad I was right. This is great news. I did pray before my ride, instead of riding Saturday. I'm going to reflect.