Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 AM   #391
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleB
G'morning! i'd like to kick a couple of these PT nurses where it counts, but i know they've got my best interest in mind.

i just wish 'my best interest' didnt mean getting medival on my ass.
Don't make me move this to JM

Good to hear from you and yur family; they "sound" like really great folks. I do suggest ya don't let them log into Jo Momma, they might see what were really like

Please keep post'n; myself and I would guess all of the others look forward to hear'n from you daily

rad
Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 AM   #392
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,369
We do look forward to it.

Morning Dale!
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #393
Errant1
BOHICA

Oddometer: 20
Morning Dale,

I understand the PT thing, but hang in there with them. If they are good they will push you harder and farther than you may take yourself. The pain is part of the process.
Stay strong.
Jim
Old 03-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #394
PARTY BOSS™
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Thumb Good Mornin Dale!

Good morning Dale. Good to hear from you .Sounds like each day is getting a little better. Good luck with the pt and remmember we're all pulling for ya .Keep us posted I look forward to all your posts and those of the family too!
More prayers and well wishes headed your way
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #395
Ruskie
Banned

Oddometer: 29,237
You have our prayers!
Ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #396
Badger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
G'morning! i'd like to kick a couple of these PT nurses where it counts, but i know they've got my best interest in mind.
If you talk in a whisper, they'll lean in and you can grab their throats It worked for me . Thoughts and Prayers!!!
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:25 PM   #397
G-Man
Adventurer in training

Oddometer: 27
Dale,

I haven't posted until today, but I've been praying for you since the first time I saw this thread last week. That boy on the way doesn't know how lucky he is to have a dad like you and such a loving family.

God Bless,

Gerard
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #398
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,812
Dale's mailing address

For those of you who missed it in the other forum, Dale's mailing address is:

Dale Butcher
c/o Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
600 Gresham Drive, Norfolk, VA 23507

He is currently in Room 685, but will change once they move him to Rehab. Rehab is in the same building, but a different floor.

He is going to have a lot of time on his hands for a while. But I do know they can roll a TV with VCR into his room, so VHS tapes, books, etc might be a welcome thing. Cards and letters are nice too.

Dale, if you have some preferences, let us know!

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #399
Dick
Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer: 31,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn
He is going to have a lot of time on his hands for a while. But I do know they can roll a TV with VCR into his room, so VHS tapes, books, etc might be a welcome thing. Cards and letters are nice too.
Dale:

Speaking of TV and VCR - did you get to see the ultrasound tape yet? It was almost six months ago for me and the experience was truly magic.

Postive thoughts are coming your way for a speedy recovery.

dick
Originally Posted by turkish
Einstein knew more about physics than the Pope knows about God.
Save some bux - use my Smugmug referral code: mIRMxjzAScHII
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #400
richro-vs
Rider

Oddometer: 37
My family is praying for you.
richro
richro-vs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #401
DaleB OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Dale:

Speaking of TV and VCR - did you get to see the ultrasound tape yet? It was almost six months ago for me and the experience was truly magic.
dick
Sure did! Totally awesome. At one point he had his hands balled up in front of him like a boxer and I decided to take that as him telling me to put up the good fight!

I'll see if i can screen cap it and get it on smugmug, it's just a perfect image!

---------------
'05 R12GS - in a wad
'04 LemFiddyGS - sold
'84 RM125 - sold
DaleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #402
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 44,900
Quote:
Sure did! Totally awesome. At one point he had his hands balled up in front of him like a boxer and I decided to take that as him telling me to put up the good fight!

I'll see if i can screen cap it and get it on smugmug, it's just a perfect image!
You got access to a laptop or are you still posting via PDA?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #403
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 14,737
Evenin Dale
Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #404
Visitor
n00b

Oddometer: 2
On the Bounce

Evening all,

Big Dale and I just split the hospital for the night, thought you all would like to hear the news that is...

He didn't get moved to the 9th floor today, this week is still a safe bet. PT set three goals for him to achieve solo by Thursday. 1. Roll over; 2. Legs off the bed; & 3. Sit up. He managed all three today, so they taught him to put on his brace alone. Since he's ahead of schedule, they're moving him up to going from bed to wheelchair. If you go to visit, I recommend keeping your eyes wide and your feet tucked in, or you might get checked by D pulling wheelies.

His doctor balanced his meds out, upped his oxycodone and valium, so he's off the demerol (as routine, he can still elect a shot for rough spots). That was one of his short-term goals, you'd have to ask him why. He's in less pain, more coherent and much happier now.

He's still in the quasi-quarantine. Any items you would like to send up should probably be run past Amy or Dale before being stamped or dropped off. Yes, he's still on the PDA, but his vision is clearing up (there's only two of everything now), so the incline in posts will likely continue.

His resolve, mood and attitude are all still well in the positive, but you all probably guessed that. Keep the thoughts, posts and prayers rolling, I know he appreciates them all. In his words: "I can feel them lifting me, helping me."

Take it easy,
Wayne
Visitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #405
Motoplaner
PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer: 19,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Evening all,

Big Dale and I just split the hospital for the night, thought you all would like to hear the news that is...

He didn't get moved to the 9th floor today, this week is still a safe bet. PT set three goals for him to achieve solo by Thursday. 1. Roll over; 2. Legs off the bed; & 3. Sit up. He managed all three today, so they taught him to put on his brace alone. Since he's ahead of schedule, they're moving him up to going from bed to wheelchair. If you go to visit, I recommend keeping your eyes wide and your feet tucked in, or you might get checked by D pulling wheelies.

His doctor balanced his meds out, upped his oxycodone and valium, so he's off the demerol (as routine, he can still elect a shot for rough spots). That was one of his short-term goals, you'd have to ask him why. He's in less pain, more coherent and much happier now.

He's still in the quasi-quarantine. Any items you would like to send up should probably be run past Amy or Dale before being stamped or dropped off. Yes, he's still on the PDA, but his vision is clearing up (there's only two of everything now), so the incline in posts will likely continue.

His resolve, mood and attitude are all still well in the positive, but you all probably guessed that. Keep the thoughts, posts and prayers rolling, I know he appreciates them all. In his words: "I can feel them lifting me, helping me."

Take it easy,
Wayne

Once upon a time
There came known a fellow by name of Dale
Did he whine?
No! He looked forward without fail
For that we all wish him to be fine
Never closer have we gotten to the grail

Thanks Dale.