ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #1636
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
I;m picking him up tonite at Newark, he's staying with me. In the morning we will head into the city by bus and I'll get him over to the east side.
cool beans, wasn't sure. Will you also be at newark saturday night?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #1637
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Today will be one of that last few Sundays we have with nice weather, I'd like to get a few hundred miles in today. Any suggestions? Perry!!! What was that route we took that time off the palisades to that airport diner??????? This time I have a much better bike for those twisties.
Hey man, that was in Sussex county, but Pilsner was leading so I don't know it off hand.

I myself haven't ridden since my trip out to Ohio a few weeks ago, wknds now are relegated to bicycling only, since I'm in Boston during the week getting fat at the new gig...

I'd love to get us all together for a good saturday ride soon, do a good 50o mile clip before the cold weather hits us.

PS - I just rode 65 miles up through the pallisades/Piermont, NY area on the crank bike today, saw about 1 million HD poseurs, maybe 2 GS's...
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #1638
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,115
Missed your post to ride this morning. I was dragging ass this morning and ended up riding into the city for lunch then took about a 150 mile loop around out and around Long Island. Not as nice of roads as some other areas, but there are some fun rides out there.
I now need to go do some work on my bikes and mow my lawn and rake some leaves. I hate raking leaves!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #1639
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
Long Island. Not as nice of roads as some other areas, but there are some fun rides out there.
where?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:06 PM   #1640
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
where?
Pretty much take the smaller roads along the north shore. I have a three loops I do. One is about 120 miles from my house in Queens, the other is about 170 and cuts across to the south shore and down Ocean Parkway, the third is about 250 miles and takes all day to do. Goes out to the North Fork and back. They are memorized and change on a whim, but I could put some GPS routes together if anyone wants them.
The trick is to stick to the north shore and as north of 25a whenever possible.
Added:
It sometimes beats dealing with the bridge or tunnel traffic to go north or west.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #1641
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Pretty much take the smaller roads along the north shore. I have a three loops I do. One is about 120 miles from my house in Queens, the other is about 170 and cuts across to the south shore and down Ocean Parkway, the third is about 250 miles and takes all day to do. Goes out to the North Fork and back. They are memorized and change on a whim, but I could put some GPS routes together if anyone wants them.
The trick is to stick to the north shore and as north of 25a whenever possible.
Added:
It sometimes beats dealing with the bridge or tunnel traffic to go north or west.
My folks live out in Northport LI, and I find it packed with HD poseur parades on wknds, and getting out there and back is usually so brutal, getting north/west is always easier for me, alot less cops too.

I find LI to be too cop saturated, to say over populated in general.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM   #1642
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
My folks live out in Northport LI, and I find it packed with HD poseur parades on wknds, and getting out there and back is usually so brutal, getting north/west is always easier for me, alot less cops too.

I find LI to be too cop saturated, to say over populated in general.
I agree pretty much, but I live in Queens so that adds a bit of extra traffic that you don't have to deal with. I never see too many cops on the small back roads I take but it is over populated for sure. The thing is I can be on some small twisty roads in 15-25 minutes with medium traffic. If I go to Jersey it is an hour minimum with medium traffic until I can hit some decent roads. So on a lazy sleep late Sunday morning LI beats north or west for me.
There are some fun albeit short roads around Northport. My ex-wife's grandmother lived there and we were out there often.
That said Westchester and Jersey beat LI hands down. Honestly the roads we road with Cyberdos and VFR870 are as good or better than any of the Jersey stuff I know and was less crowded and closer. If we can find the dirt area at the end it would be a perfect ride, even if we do not ride the private race track I know of
Old 09-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #1643
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
I agree pretty much, but I live in Queens so that adds a bit of extra traffic that you don't have to deal with. I never see too many cops on the small back roads I take but it is over populated for sure. The thing is I can be on some small twisty roads in 15-25 minutes with medium traffic. If I go to Jersey it is an hour minimum with medium traffic until I can hit some decent roads. So on a lazy sleep late Sunday morning LI beats north or west for me.
There are some fun albeit short roads around Northport. My ex-wife's grandmother lived there and we were out there often.
That said Westchester and Jersey beat LI hands down. Honestly the roads we road with Cyberdos and VFR870 are as good or better than any of the Jersey stuff I know and was less crowded and closer. If we can find the dirt area at the end it would be a perfect ride, even if we do not ride the private race track I know of
I hear ya on the Queens access. How do you get out there, LIE or Northern pkwy?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #1644
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Hey man, that was in Sussex county, but Pilsner was leading so I don't know it off hand.

I myself haven't ridden since my trip out to Ohio a few weeks ago, wknds now are relegated to bicycling only, since I'm in Boston during the week getting fat at the new gig...

I'd love to get us all together for a good saturday ride soon, do a good 50o mile clip before the cold weather hits us.

PS - I just rode 65 miles up through the pallisades/Piermont, NY area on the crank bike today, saw about 1 million HD poseurs, maybe 2 GS's...
Perry, I think I saw you go by. The Andiamo event was today so there were 100s of HD out.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #1645
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
cool beans, wasn't sure. Will you also be at newark saturday night?
Why, you need a ride? I'm gonna have to start charging you guys

Really, what's going on saturday? 2 for 1 hookers at Newark???
Old 09-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #1646
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Perry, I think I saw you go by. The Andiamo event was today so there were 100s of HD out.
What were you on? Were you on Route 9?

I saw a few brands out there, I was on a red/black cannondale with red shirt....

If you saw me humping uphill..
Old 09-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #1647
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

I was walking in Piermont, if you stop by Bunberrys and my daughters are working tell them you know me and they'll give you a discount...
Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #1648
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Quote:
I was walking in Piermont, if you stop by Bunberrys and my daughters are working tell them you know me and they'll give you a discount...
Yeah, that's where I was, but I went to the deli on the right coming into town, then I ate with a buddy near the water. Nice town!
Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #1649
epolac
Forever n00b

Oddometer: 139
White Plains To Bronx commute?

Hi All!
Most of ya don't know me, so I'll introduce myself real quick . My name is Cesar, I live in White Plains, and as of tomorrow the 24th I'll start commuting to the Bwonx. I have a 2000 KLR650. I don't know if I should commute on the bike or if I'd be better of in my cage.
Tips? suggestions? nifty back roads to avoid traffic jams?

Thanks to all beforehand for your replies and I look forward to see you on the road or get a ride together on the weekend
epolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #1650
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
I;m picking him up tonite at Newark, he's staying with me. In the morning we will head into the city by bus and I'll get him over to the east side.
John,
Sure you know this and not sure where on the east side he is going but remember the UN is rocking this week and it will be a mess near there.