ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #1651
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
I hear ya on the Queens access. How do you get out there, LIE or Northern pkwy?
Either or the streets. The route I took today starts just a few miles east of the Cross Island on Northern Boulevard.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #1652
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epolac
Hi All!
Most of ya don't know me, so I'll introduce myself real quick . My name is Cesar, I live in White Plains, and as of tomorrow the 24th I'll start commuting to the Bwonx. I have a 2000 KLR650. I don't know if I should commute on the bike or if I'd be better of in my cage.
Tips? suggestions? nifty back roads to avoid traffic jams?

Thanks to all beforehand for your replies and I look forward to see you on the road or get a ride together on the weekend
Welcome. I don't know any tricks in that area since I live in Queens and work less than a mile from home. But hope to see you on one of our rides or at the Ear one night?
Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #1653
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Yeah, that's where I was, but I went to the deli on the right coming into town, then I ate with a buddy near the water. Nice town!
Community Market: used to be much nicer before they remodeled it.

I'd like to have a little get together one night at home, we can ride during the day and light up the fire pit at night.

Lemme know who is interested.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #1654
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi All!
Most of ya don't know me, so I'll introduce myself real quick . My name is Cesar, I live in White Plains, and as of tomorrow the 24th I'll start commuting to the Bwonx. I have a 2000 KLR650. I don't know if I should commute on the bike or if I'd be better of in my cage.

Thanks to all beforehand for your replies and I look forward to see you on the road or get a ride together on the weekend
Welcome aboard Cesar.

I coomute from Tappan to NYC on my KLR (Tengai) and I would suggest you do the same (much cheaper and more fun)!

Looking forward to meeting you one of these nights at the Ear Inn (every tuesday night).

John
Old 09-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #1655
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,374
Quote:
Hi All!

If you're coming from WP to the Bronx then the best semi-senic road is the Bronx Parkway. There really isn't any alternative route that will lead you to any nice roads which aren't congested. the Sawmill is nice as well and the other is the hutch but both of those are more expresway-like than the BX Pkwy.

Where in the Bronx will you be? I'm in Morris Park.
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #1656
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
John,
Sure you know this and not sure where on the east side he is going but remember the UN is rocking this week and it will be a mess near there.
Thanks Rich, I don't think we'll have any problems since we are taking the subway and he needs to go to 77th.

I did the rear 560 shock on the bike along with a new chain and sprockets, now I have to do the front. You available anytime soon?

TIA
Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #1657
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Thanks Rich, I don't think we'll have any problems since we are taking the subway and he needs to go to 77th.

I did the rear 560 shock on the bike along with a new chain and sprockets, now I have to do the front. You available anytime soon?

TIA
This week might be tight. Maybe Wed. evening? Otherwise any day next week works for me. I have plans for both of the upcoming weekends.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #1658
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,033
Quote:

I'd like to have a little get together one night at home, we can ride during the day and light up the fire pit at night.

Sounds great, I'm available on wknds, in
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #1659
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
I coomute from Tappan to NYC on my KLR (Tengai) and I would suggest you do the same (much cheaper and more fun)!
I agree, but I would add that if you're not used to driving in rush hour traffic and don't know exactly where you're going, you might want to first use the cage for a week or 2. That way, you'll have a little less to worry about when you start dodging the yellow menace and trolling for parking on your KLR. Plus, you'll be that much more satisfied when you start using the bike to split lanes past all those caged animali on your way to work.

But what do I know, I take the subway to work
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 AM   #1660
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Why, you need a ride? I'm gonna have to start charging you guys

Really, what's going on saturday? 2 for 1 hookers at Newark???
Chanderjeet is coming into Newark Sat night with a layover of a few hrs, figured a few of us could meet him there, get an early breakfast or late dinner.

Quote:

was afraid I wouldn't be able to try out my Kermit chair outdoors before the winter. Will this be a campout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
I agree, but I would add that if you're not used to driving in rush hour traffic and don't know exactly where you're going, you might want to first use the cage for a week or 2. That way, you'll have a little less to worry about when you start dodging the yellow menace and trolling for parking on your KLR. Plus, you'll be that much more satisfied when you start using the bike to split lanes past all those caged animali on your way to work.

Is that because the bike is still apart? You can use my hawk until it's fixed or until you get a new one.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #1661
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Is that because the bike is still apart? You can use my hawk until it's fixed or until you get a new one.
Yes, it died on Friday. F'ing POS! Thanks for the offer, but I should be buying a new bike next week. Now I just need to get rid of the 400lb paperweight...

Actually, I take the subway because I spent 5 years driving in NYC to make a living. I've had enough of that. Now I ride at night and on the weekends mostly.
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:33 AM   #1662
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg

He's commuting from White Plains to the Bronx. You don't see many, if any, yellow cabs in the BX an parking is much mo' betta than Manhattan. Much much mo' betterer.

Not that caging it for a couple days isn't a bad idea but I'd only say a day or two should suffice.
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #1663
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
He's commuting from White Plains to the Bronx. You don't see many, if any, yellow cabs in the BX an parking is much mo' betta than Manhattan. Much much mo' betterer.

Not that caging it for a couple days isn't a bad idea but I'd only say a day or two should suffice.
Yes but you have gypsy cabs which may be worse Though the parking is better.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM   #1664
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

[quote=HaChayalBoded]Chanderjeet is coming into Newark Sat night with a layover of a few hrs, figured a few of us could meet him there, get an early breakfast or late dinner.

was afraid I wouldn't be able to try out my Kermit chair outdoors before the winter. Will this be a campout?

[quote]

I was thinking, we can take him to Weehawken or something. I can bring the cage so he can leave his luggage inside if he needs to.

You can certainly campout in our backyard anytime !!

BTW, ROb is on his way home to Canada on his beautiful almost new GS, the bike was spotless!!!! Thanks for the offer to pick him up Eddie and thanks to Ethan for making sure he was doing ok.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #1665
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Quote:
BTW, ROb is on his way home to Canada on his beautiful almost new GS, the bike was spotless!!!! Thanks for the offer to pick him up Eddie and thanks to Ethan for making sure he was doing ok.
John, thanks for taking care if him. He PMed me from the Tent Space list and I said I would try but from my house to Newark is a hike and then he would have been on his own to go to the city this morning. I offered but told him to put it out there and someone closer would help him out. I am not sure you are closer but you do go to the city everyday. Once again someone owes you a beer.