ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #16651
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer
 
robfilms's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: riverdale, ny
Oddometer: 323
nice afternoon for a ride.

i just zipped up and down the hudson valley.

sun is out and its in the mid-40s.



and especially with wacky weather coming up from the south, i'll steal a few hours where/when i can.

ymmv.

be well.

rob
__________________
2009 suzuki dl650 wee-strom - Le Grande Orange
2006 kawasaki z750s black
1974 yamaha rd350 maroon with a white racing stripe!
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #16652
JustRon
ex-broadwayron
 
JustRon's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 947
New Exped Mat for sale

I'm posting this here before the FM... I know it will sell, and I'll get tons of PM's if I post an ad because this is a real popular model. But, I'd rather not deal with shipping.
It's new with tags (never taken out of bag) - Exped Downmat 9 M.
I'll sell it for $180 locally. The cheapest I can find online is about $200 (the only ones under $200 are the smaller size). Retail is even higher.

From Husaberg


I realize this is spam, but I figured I'm a local guy trying to sell to another local. If someone wants me to remove this post, PM me, and I'll do it.
__________________
2010 520RR
2013 TR650
1989 NX650 (for sale)

JustRon screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 07:48 PM
JustRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #16653
nick2ny
Studly Adventurer
 
nick2ny's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 543
I think I have a hearing at Atlantic Avenue tomorrow

Howdy--I got a ticket on Tilary for riding between lanes back in July of 2011.

Well I think my hearing is tomorrow morning at 10:30AM at Atlantic Avenue. Thing is, even though my ticket is sitting here in my hand, I can't find in on the TVB's website.

The ticket has the information from my old Michigan license on it, and I swapped that license for a NY license last October.

But nothing I can possibly plug into the TVB's site brings up the offense. In fact, if I plug in another ticket with my new NY license info, it only shows that ticket, not the one in question.

So... do I just skip it, or do I head to Atlantic and remind them that they have dirt on some other Michiganian version of me that I'd like a hearing for.

Can I play dumb, ask them to run a check for outstanding tickets on my NY license, then get a list of all the offenses they know about, and use that as a get out of jail free card if they eventually tie the other one back to me?

Life sucks, eh?
__________________
speed limit zero
nick2ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #16654
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2ny View Post
Howdy--I got a ticket on Tilary for riding between lanes back in July of 2011.

Well I think my hearing is tomorrow morning at 10:30AM at Atlantic Avenue. Thing is, even though my ticket is sitting here in my hand, I can't find in on the TVB's website.

The ticket has the information from my old Michigan license on it, and I swapped that license for a NY license last October.

But nothing I can possibly plug into the TVB's site brings up the offense. In fact, if I plug in another ticket with my new NY license info, it only shows that ticket, not the one in question.

So... do I just skip it, or do I head to Atlantic and remind them that they have dirt on some other Michiganian version of me that I'd like a hearing for.

Can I play dumb, ask them to run a check for outstanding tickets on my NY license, then get a list of all the offenses they know about, and use that as a get out of jail free card if they eventually tie the other one back to me?

Life sucks, eh?
up to you nick, i left one of my old vermont plates on my klr once. it got a ticket. but the bike associated with that plate was sold. i just ignored it and no problems. but then again i don't do anything with nyc dmv and my license is good for another 8 years.

i think your riding between lanes is a bit more serious though then my parking ticket so figure out the risk/reward. i would go there and let them do most of the talking at a minimum. or you risk too much more. unless any other FF's here are up for adv rikers island jail visits
__________________
1969 CL350 permanent project
2000 Ninja 250 Freeby
the klr/versys project: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810279
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #16655
Domiken
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 639
Anyone know a good tenant attorney? landlord is trying to screw us on deposit. thanks
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #16656
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer
 
existent80's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Anyone know a good tenant attorney? landlord is trying to screw us on deposit. thanks
PM sent.
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #16657
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
Anyone know a good tenant attorney? landlord is trying to screw us on deposit. thanks
pour concrete down all the pipes
__________________
1969 CL350 permanent project
2000 Ninja 250 Freeby
the klr/versys project: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810279
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #16658
Domiken
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by existent80 View Post
PM sent.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
pour concrete down all the pipes
Too late!
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #16659
GHO100
Crazy George
 
GHO100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Downtown Brooklyn
Oddometer: 946
speaking of landlords

I am looking for an apartment with the GF. Preferences are LIC/Hunter's Pt, Greenpoint, Cobblehill or around the "Downtown Brooklyn" area.

We're looking for a reasonable 1bd or larger studio. Railroads work fine.

Budget is 1800, however, which in Greenpoint these days seems to get you a 1bd railroad so long as you don't need a sink in the bathroom and don't mind if your apartment is only 9ft wide.

Move date is by May 1st, so if you know of anything, send me a PM please!

Thanks in advance!
__________________
1985 VF1100S Sabre
1980 Suzuki GS850G (project)
www.TeslaLEDS.com
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #16660
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO100 View Post
I am looking for an apartment with the GF. Preferences are LIC/Hunter's Pt, Greenpoint, Cobblehill or around the "Downtown Brooklyn" area.

We're looking for a reasonable 1bd or larger studio. Railroads work fine.

Budget is 1800, however, which in Greenpoint these days seems to get you a 1bd railroad so long as you don't need a sink in the bathroom and don't mind if your apartment is only 9ft wide.

Move date is by May 1st, so if you know of anything, send me a PM please!

Thanks in advance!
Asked my sister she is a bartender in LIC and knows a lot of people in the area.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #16661
GHO100
Crazy George
 
GHO100's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Downtown Brooklyn
Oddometer: 946
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Asked my sister she is a bartender in LIC and knows a lot of people in the area.
__________________
1985 VF1100S Sabre
1980 Suzuki GS850G (project)
www.TeslaLEDS.com
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #16662
ESPRider
Say what again...
 
ESPRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Staten Island - Mosquito Nest
Oddometer: 98
Can anyone recommend someone or can help me with welding aluminum . I need to I weld a drop onto my cylinder head and re tap a thread. Thanks
__________________
-----------------------------------------------
2002 R1150GS Adventure - Destroyer Class
ESPRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #16663
robfilms
Gnarly Adventurer
 
robfilms's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: riverdale, ny
Oddometer: 323
april coming-update registration and inspection

as a returning rider, i have yet gone thru an april while owning my current motorcycle.

so what happens, nys dmv mails me an updated registration?

i then go to a nys approved motorcycle inspection facility?

inspection facility puts on the passed inspection stickie?

anything i'm missing?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
__________________
2009 suzuki dl650 wee-strom - Le Grande Orange
2006 kawasaki z750s black
1974 yamaha rd350 maroon with a white racing stripe!
robfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #16664
existent80
Gnarly Adventurer
 
existent80's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
nys dmv mails me an updated registration?
Yes, you'll get a renewal in the mail. Pay & mail it back, and you'll get your sticker for your plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
i then go to a nys approved motorcycle inspection facility?
Yes. Shop list here http://www.nymstf.org/ShopList.asp


Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
inspection facility puts on the passed inspection stickie?
Yes, they'll put it on your bike.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
anything i'm missing?
for warmer weather ahead!
existent80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #16665
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfilms View Post
as a returning rider, i have yet gone thru an april while owning my current motorcycle.

so what happens, nys dmv mails me an updated registration?

i then go to a nys approved motorcycle inspection facility?

inspection facility puts on the passed inspection stickie?

anything i'm missing?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob
Missed a step:

Make Appointment with inspection facility
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014