ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #1681
bostonsr
Just weight
 
bostonsr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NYCff
Oddometer: 8,402
hope y'all say "hey" to m'lady!

abe
__________________
NOW with ONLY 400 miles of actual street riding experience!!!!

"If you want me to forgive and forget about it, stop reminding me about it."
bostonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #1682
epolac
Forever n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Oddometer: 139
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
He's commuting from White Plains to the Bronx. You don't see many, if any, yellow cabs in the BX an parking is much mo' betta than Manhattan. Much much mo' betterer.

Not that caging it for a couple days isn't a bad idea but I'd only say a day or two should suffice.
I'm actually caging all this week, just to get used to the route and all that. I start work at noon, so traffic is not really a problem. Hopefully next week I'll start taking the KLR
epolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #1683
epolac
Forever n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: White Plains, NY
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
I know they've cleaned the place up a bit, but if you have enough money, you should have no problem getting lucky in hunt's point.

Come to the ear, we're usually there late.
uuuh? what kind of "getting lucky" are you talking 'bout?
epolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 AM   #1684
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider
 
Ginzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Oddometer: 698
You know. That kind.

But I think they've cleaned that area up quite a bit. Seriously though, you might want to pay attention to the vibe when you get off work. Sometimes big thumpers get jacked for joyriding.
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #1685
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer
 
SPEEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Look Out Your Window...
Oddometer: 46
Pissed @#$&% Vespa

Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John
__________________
'09 R12GS
My bikes nicer than Crazy Tim's...

9 months trying to get out, the rest of your life trying to get back in. - George Carlin
SPEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #1686
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer
 
gixxersteph's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Northern NJ, land of the SUV
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEZ
Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John

maybe leave a note on the offending Vespa?
might not realize the predicament that you are left in....

worth a shot - otherwise hooking up a sparkplug to the Vespa's ignition and fuel tank, no never mind that...
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #1687
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEZ
Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John

I get that all the time, it's not by chance on Park ave between 61st and 63rd is it?

I've learned to angle my bike so that it hogs all the remaining space. I got tired of finding bikes a 1/4 " from my bike so that I couldn't even get to it.
__________________
2011 Duct Tape Roll
1997 Cycle Therapy mini pump
1988 Aerostich Fleece collar scarf
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #1688
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer
 
SPEEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Look Out Your Window...
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
I get that all the time, it's not by chance on Park ave between 61st and 63rd is it?

I've learned to angle my bike so that it hogs all the remaining space. I got tired of finding bikes a 1/4 " from my bike so that I couldn't even get to it.
No, 23rd Street. I know what you mean, sometimes I can't open my side bags.
SPEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #1689
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEZ
Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John
At least you can move or knock the vespa over, I had a 3500 series van park and touch my Hawk, my bike was leaning at like a 35 degree angle and amazingly didn't fall over or hit my other bike. I couldn't even move it. I didn't want to key the car or slash the tires cause my bikes are always in teh same spot and he would know it was me. This was a few weeks ago, I think its been long enough that I can let the air out of his tires now, think I'll go do that now, I see the van from my window.....

Seriously though, if its the same douchebag, leave him a friendly note.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #1690
rob1313
Still learning
 
rob1313's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Canada
Oddometer: 4,352
John and the rest of ya,

To all on the NYC list

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with ideas, suggestions and offers on my trip to NYC. A huge thanks to John for his assistance. The guy is one in a million, picks me up at the airport, at 1 am, lets me crash at his place, his wife packs me a lunch, gets me right to the bike and sticks it out till I'm on my way. I definitly owe him a beer.
Anyone know his mailing address? He politley refuses my requests for it.
I got home tonight. It was well over 4000 kilometers. Not a bad way to get to know a new bike. No new damage, just a lot of dirt and some fresh blood and a few feathers from a couple woodland critters that got in the way of the left crash bar.....
Thanks, Rob
__________________
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde
rob1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #1691
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer
 
SPEEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Look Out Your Window...
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
At least you can move or knock the vespa over, I had a 3500 series van park and touch my Hawk, my bike was leaning at like a 35 degree angle and amazingly didn't fall over or hit my other bike. I couldn't even move it. I didn't want to key the car or slash the tires cause my bikes are always in teh same spot and he would know it was me. This was a few weeks ago, I think its been long enough that I can let the air out of his tires now, think I'll go do that now, I see the van from my window.....

Seriously though, if its the same douchebag, leave him a friendly note.
I guess the note thing is the only recoarse I have at this point. If all else fails I might try the sparkplug, gas tank trick that Gixxersteph mentioned earlier. I feel for ya' with the van problem. That happened to me once with an SUV, I almost had to grease the bike to get it off the truck. I'll keep posting my progress.
SPEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #1692
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1313
To all on the NYC list

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with ideas, suggestions and offers on my trip to NYC. A huge thanks to John for his assistance. The guy is one in a million, picks me up at the airport, at 1 am, lets me crash at his place, his wife packs me a lunch, gets me right to the bike and sticks it out till I'm on my way. I definitly owe him a beer.
Anyone know his mailing address? He politley refuses my requests for it.
I got home tonight. It was well over 4000 kilometers. Not a bad way to get to know a new bike. No new damage, just a lot of dirt and some fresh blood and a few feathers from a couple woodland critters that got in the way of the left crash bar.....
Thanks, Rob
Glad you made it home ok Rob!

Nobody knows where I lvie, it's a secret don't worry about it, just "pay it forward"...
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #1693
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Glad you made it home ok Rob!

Nobody knows where I lvie, it's a secret don't worry about it, just "pay it forward"...
Wait I do Actually I don't know if I could find it again easily.
BTW John is the type of person who comes out on a Sunday picks you up and drive almost a 100 miles and back to his house and lets you work on your bike and gets upset when you try and by him a $10 lunch.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #1694
DirtRoadDave
I am Iron man
 
DirtRoadDave's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 2,120
I know where lives and will gladly assist you PM me...
He is a great guy...



Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
Glad you made it home ok Rob!

Nobody knows where I lvie, it's a secret don't worry about it, just "pay it forward"...
__________________
regards,
DRD
2013 Sertao
07 1200 GSAdv
06 KTM 950 adv sold
DirtRoadDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #1695
DR. Rock
Part of the problem
 
DR. Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NYfC, yff
Oddometer: 5,528
We're baaaack

Got back from Nova Scotia yesterday. Sold the DR to RoadDawg today.



The bikes performed flawlessly, the weather was nearly perfect, and we met a fantastic bunch of people. The place truly is a Dual Sport nirvana .

Catching up on posts, emails, bills and laundry today. I'll try to make the Ear tuesday, looking forward to seeing some of you FF's again.

Look for a ride report soon... sifting through 1400+ photos.


d
__________________
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014