ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #1681
bostonsr
Just weight

Oddometer: 8,402
hope y'all say "hey" to m'lady!

abe

"If you want me to forgive and forget about it, stop reminding me about it."
bostonsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #1682
epolac
Forever n00b

Oddometer: 139
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
He's commuting from White Plains to the Bronx. You don't see many, if any, yellow cabs in the BX an parking is much mo' betta than Manhattan. Much much mo' betterer.

Not that caging it for a couple days isn't a bad idea but I'd only say a day or two should suffice.
I'm actually caging all this week, just to get used to the route and all that. I start work at noon, so traffic is not really a problem. Hopefully next week I'll start taking the KLR
epolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #1683
epolac
Forever n00b

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
I know they've cleaned the place up a bit, but if you have enough money, you should have no problem getting lucky in hunt's point.

Come to the ear, we're usually there late.
uuuh? what kind of "getting lucky" are you talking 'bout?
epolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 AM   #1684
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider

Oddometer: 698
You know. That kind.

But I think they've cleaned that area up quite a bit. Seriously though, you might want to pay attention to the vibe when you get off work. Sometimes big thumpers get jacked for joyriding.
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:24 PM   #1685
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Pissed @#$&% Vespa

Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John

9 months trying to get out, the rest of your life trying to get back in. - George Carlin
SPEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #1686
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEZ
Here's a question. I live on the Eastside and park in the street. Every day this person (dunno if it 's a male or female) parks thier Vespa so close to my bike I can't get it off the center stand. This happens at least 5 out of 7 days a week. I know, I should just kick it over. Who needs some pissed off Vespa rider wrecking possibly taking a hammer to my bike. Any suggestions? This is killing me. I have three herniated disks and whenever I have to drag that thing over it's like an ice pick in my back. John

maybe leave a note on the offending Vespa?
might not realize the predicament that you are left in....

worth a shot - otherwise hooking up a sparkplug to the Vespa's ignition and fuel tank, no never mind that...
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #1687
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,602
Quote:

I get that all the time, it's not by chance on Park ave between 61st and 63rd is it?

I've learned to angle my bike so that it hogs all the remaining space. I got tired of finding bikes a 1/4 " from my bike so that I couldn't even get to it.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #1688
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
I get that all the time, it's not by chance on Park ave between 61st and 63rd is it?

I've learned to angle my bike so that it hogs all the remaining space. I got tired of finding bikes a 1/4 " from my bike so that I couldn't even get to it.
No, 23rd Street. I know what you mean, sometimes I can't open my side bags.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #1689
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,470
Quote:
At least you can move or knock the vespa over, I had a 3500 series van park and touch my Hawk, my bike was leaning at like a 35 degree angle and amazingly didn't fall over or hit my other bike. I couldn't even move it. I didn't want to key the car or slash the tires cause my bikes are always in teh same spot and he would know it was me. This was a few weeks ago, I think its been long enough that I can let the air out of his tires now, think I'll go do that now, I see the van from my window.....

Seriously though, if its the same douchebag, leave him a friendly note.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #1690
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,352
John and the rest of ya,

To all on the NYC list

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with ideas, suggestions and offers on my trip to NYC. A huge thanks to John for his assistance. The guy is one in a million, picks me up at the airport, at 1 am, lets me crash at his place, his wife packs me a lunch, gets me right to the bike and sticks it out till I'm on my way. I definitly owe him a beer.
Anyone know his mailing address? He politley refuses my requests for it.
I got home tonight. It was well over 4000 kilometers. Not a bad way to get to know a new bike. No new damage, just a lot of dirt and some fresh blood and a few feathers from a couple woodland critters that got in the way of the left crash bar.....
Thanks, Rob
Old 09-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #1691
SPEEZ
Confused Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
At least you can move or knock the vespa over, I had a 3500 series van park and touch my Hawk, my bike was leaning at like a 35 degree angle and amazingly didn't fall over or hit my other bike. I couldn't even move it. I didn't want to key the car or slash the tires cause my bikes are always in teh same spot and he would know it was me. This was a few weeks ago, I think its been long enough that I can let the air out of his tires now, think I'll go do that now, I see the van from my window.....

Seriously though, if its the same douchebag, leave him a friendly note.
I guess the note thing is the only recoarse I have at this point. If all else fails I might try the sparkplug, gas tank trick that Gixxersteph mentioned earlier. I feel for ya' with the van problem. That happened to me once with an SUV, I almost had to grease the bike to get it off the truck. I'll keep posting my progress.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #1692
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1313
To all on the NYC list

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with ideas, suggestions and offers on my trip to NYC. A huge thanks to John for his assistance. The guy is one in a million, picks me up at the airport, at 1 am, lets me crash at his place, his wife packs me a lunch, gets me right to the bike and sticks it out till I'm on my way. I definitly owe him a beer.
Anyone know his mailing address? He politley refuses my requests for it.
I got home tonight. It was well over 4000 kilometers. Not a bad way to get to know a new bike. No new damage, just a lot of dirt and some fresh blood and a few feathers from a couple woodland critters that got in the way of the left crash bar.....
Thanks, Rob
Glad you made it home ok Rob!

Nobody knows where I lvie, it's a secret don't worry about it, just "pay it forward"...
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #1693
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn

Nobody knows where I lvie, it's a secret don't worry about it, just "pay it forward"...
Wait I do Actually I don't know if I could find it again easily.
BTW John is the type of person who comes out on a Sunday picks you up and drive almost a 100 miles and back to his house and lets you work on your bike and gets upset when you try and by him a $10 lunch.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #1694
DirtRoadDave
I am Iron man

Oddometer: 2,120
I know where lives and will gladly assist you PM me...
He is a great guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn

07 1200 GSAdv
06 KTM 950 adv sold
DirtRoadDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #1695
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
We're baaaack

Got back from Nova Scotia yesterday. Sold the DR to RoadDawg today.

The bikes performed flawlessly, the weather was nearly perfect, and we met a fantastic bunch of people. The place truly is a Dual Sport nirvana .

Catching up on posts, emails, bills and laundry today. I'll try to make the Ear tuesday, looking forward to seeing some of you FF's again.

Look for a ride report soon... sifting through 1400+ photos.

d
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote