ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #1801
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
You know what's funny? Rob, the guy from Canada who picked up the BMW in Manhattan sent me a Thank you card with a fifty inside.... my wife calls me this morning before leaving the house and I tell her to take the fifty dollar bill on the table.... so in reality, if she doesn't spend the money she will come back home with a 50....
And with a good invest me she can turn it into a hundred
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #1802
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,118
Ok, picked up the pads. Bobby is right, looks like I have to remove the dust cover (only on the Tengai, KLR does not have one) and then remove two bolts to free the bracket that holds the caliper. I'll try to do it here at work if not I'm heading up to Docs for some help.

Thanks everyone for your advice and offer to help!!
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #1803
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
BushwickKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Bushwick, Brooklyn
Oddometer: 1,561
quick intro

Ive been around for a while reading what most of the members write on here and mostly looking at all the cool pictures posted but have not really said much mainly because im fairly new to dual sports and bikes in general ... been riding on and off since '99 but just havent really ridden much until this year. Just wanted to say hi to all and let you know a bit about me ... brooklyn is my home, I have 3 bikes ... a klr 250 an xr 650L and a ZX7. I usually ride with more of a street bike crowd being that not many by me have enduros or atleast no one I knows has them. well thats all i can think of right now ... thanks for letting me take up some of your time and hopefully I can join in on a ride or two if the time is right.
BushwickKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #1804
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
Anytime. I was thinking this weekend. So, I guess Saturday would be better due to the Marathon. But I'm open. If this route is paved now, how about the place you and Cyberdos have in Westchester?

I was looking for something relatively easy and I don't think the pine barrens are easy.
The Westchester route is very nice. It's tight and twisty, but not much dirt to be had. I have a couple of spots up by Harriman and some trails I'd like to explore out in Jersey by Wawayanda.

I doubt that I'll be able to ride tomorrow and Sunday I have something already doing. I'll post back tonight to see if I can make it tomorrow.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #1805
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,118
Ok guys, got the brakes done (less than 10 mins) in our loading dock. I think I'm gonna head straight home and start working on getting the knobbies on.

Thanks for your help!!!

When are we riding Rob?
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #1806
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,365
Tomorrow 11-3

I can lead a morning ride.

Zip through some stuff I know in Harriman then set out for those trails I've been wanting to hit in Wawayanda. I'm trying to be back in the city around 1-2ish.

So who's with me?

We can meet at the Royal Cliffs Diner off the first exit on the Palisades.

I like to get up and out early. That's when the best riding is done. What say you Ear Inn Pousers?
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #1807
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider
 
Ginzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR
Ive been around for a while reading what most of the members write on here and mostly looking at all the cool pictures posted but have not really said much mainly because im fairly new to dual sports and bikes in general ... been riding on and off since '99 but just havent really ridden much until this year. Just wanted to say hi to all and let you know a bit about me ... brooklyn is my home, I have 3 bikes ... a klr 250 an xr 650L and a ZX7. I usually ride with more of a street bike crowd being that not many by me have enduros or atleast no one I knows has them. well thats all i can think of right now ... thanks for letting me take up some of your time and hopefully I can join in on a ride or two if the time is right.
Welcome, BushwickKLR. Hope to see you at the Ear some time or on a ride.

Tell the fellas in the back room of Caffe' della Notte I said hello.
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #1808
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
I can lead a morning ride.

Zip through some stuff I know in Harriman then set out for those trails I've been wanting to hit in Wawayanda. I'm trying to be back in the city around 1-2ish.

So who's with me?

We can meet at the Royal Cliffs Diner off the first exit on the Palisades.

I like to get up and out early. That's when the best riding is done. What say you Ear Inn Pousers?
That'll work for me, though if the wind is as stupid as they say it might be 25-20 with gusts up to 45mph, I am not going. Just isn't fun to be bounced around. What time do we want to meet up,and do you think the trials you are thinking about are Elefant friendly? I will go if they are not, curious.

What time?
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #1809
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
That'll work for me, though if the wind is as stupid as they say it might be 25-20 with gusts up to 45mph, I am not going. Just isn't fun to be bounced around. What time do we want to meet up,and do you think the trials you are thinking about are Elefant friendly? I will go if they are not, curious.

What time?
Most of the ride we'll just be put-putting around. there's a couple long slab stretches up the Palisades and coming back from W but other than that it's all back roads.

The elephant wont make it through the trails. It's cutting across some tough terrain under some power lines. Up to you if you wanna chance it. You could wait for us at the other end of the road. I'll mark all the entry points on the GPS.

How does 7am at the Royal Cliff's Diner sound?
717 E Palisade Ave, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
(201) 569-7277

cyberdos screwed with this post 11-02-2007 at 02:24 PM
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #1810
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos
Most of the ride we'll just be put putting around. there's a couple long slab stretches up the Palisades and coming back from W but other than that it's all back roads.

The elephant wont make it through the trails. It's sutting across some tough terrain under some power lines. Up to you if you wanna chance it. You could wait for us at the other end of the road. I'll mark all the entry points on the GPS.

How does 7am at the Royal Cliff's Diner sound?
717 E Palisade Ave, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
(201) 569-7277
I'll be there unless the weather is crappy. I will ride in rain and wind to go places but bouncing around Harriman is not my idea of fun.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #1811
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider
 
Ginzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by TengaiJohn
When are we riding Rob?
I'll try and make it with Julio and Rich tomorrow, but if you want to do the other route on Sunday, that's fine too. Let me know. UrbanCowboy is unavailable for the weekend, but he's interested in that route if we scout things out this week.

I guess the wind thing might keep me home tomorrow as well. The DR is very light and I don't need to fall off the Gowanus on the way out of town. I'll keep an eye on the weather tomorrow morning.
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #1812
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
I guess the wind thing might keep me home tomorrow as well. The DR is very light and I don't need to fall off the Gowanus on the way out of town.
But dude we are fat and don't try to be skinny, or else we would be skinny. So no worries about falling off the bridge. Hell I am fat and have a fat bike
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #1813
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider
 
Ginzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe
But dude we are fat and don't try to be skinny, or else we would be skinny. So no worries about falling off the bridge. Hell I am fat and have a fat bike


Speaking of which, where is BobbyC in all this?
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #1814
uxc
adventure nerd
 
uxc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 1,340
Sounds good

Cool, see you guys in the morning. Bright and early at the Royal Cliffs. If I can manage, I'll come a bit early to grab some coffee.
uxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #1815
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 24,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg


Speaking of which, where is BobbyC in all this?
Bobby's down at the Barrens this weekend with a couple of buds doing the Hammer Run.

Don't worry about a little bit of wind. Adverse conditions just make for better stories when your polishing your chrome in front of the Ear.

See you gals there at 7.

I've attached a GPS route of the day. It should be around 125-150 mile round trip.

My number is 917-974-16TwentyOne
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 11-03-07.gpx (181.0 KB, 36 views)
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014