ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #766
Ginzer
Gnarly Couch Rider
 
Ginzer's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
Where is this shop? and whats it called?
JL Motorcycles. It's in LIC Queens on 46th street. Just above Northern Blvd.

But I don't think Jay will go with you to Fla...
Ginzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #767
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterBroil
Hmm, is that a car driving on the sidewalk? Is that even a sidewalk? I can't picture that area. That's not NYC

Yup, that is NOT NYC, looks to be London, or possibly Barcelona Spain.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #768
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LusterBroil's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDawg
JL Motorcycles. It's in LIC Queens on 46th street. Just above Northern Blvd.

But I don't think Jay will go with you to Fla...

Rode past JL the other day, Lots of bikes and activity out front. looked like a good healthy shop.

Another shop to look at is Mr Steve's Motorcycle Shop. 14-10 30th Drive in Astoria 718-956-2190 Never used them and someone recently said the number didn't work anymore. Anyone know Mr Steve?
LusterBroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #769
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LusterBroil's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 466
I just discovered that NYC rider Luke Deikis has posted his two month long Mexico ride.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210502

Great report! check it out.
LusterBroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #770
DR. Rock
Part of the problem
 
DR. Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NYfC, yff
Oddometer: 5,528
ldeikis

Yeah, I've been following it too. Fantastic. He's showing the rest of the world; if you're tough enough for bed-stuy, you're tough enough for anywhere.

Way to represent NYC adventure commuters Luke!
__________________
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #771
TipsyMcStagger
Beastly Adventurer
 
TipsyMcStagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NYC & NPR, FL
Oddometer: 1,005
Where do you try-on gear?

Okay guys...I'm going crazy reading about all the different gear that's available. I need to see some of this stuff in person!

Looking for pants that will offer protection but are also moderately comfortable in NY summer heat.

I need some recommendations for dealers/stores that have a descent selection of gear. Willing to hit NJ, lower upstate and CT if need be.

Any ideas?

Tipsy
TipsyMcStagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #772
DR. Rock
Part of the problem
 
DR. Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NYfC, yff
Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Looking for pants that will offer protection but are also moderately comfortable in NY summer heat.
We're about the same size, or close enough. PM me if you want to try my motoport kevlar air mesh. They're more than moderately comfortable in summer heat.

d
__________________
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #773
LusterBroil OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LusterBroil's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Okay guys...I'm going crazy reading about all the different gear that's available. I need to see some of this stuff in person!

Looking for pants that will offer protection but are also moderately comfortable in NY summer heat.

I need some recommendations for dealers/stores that have a descent selection of gear. Willing to hit NJ, lower upstate and CT if need be.

Any ideas?

Tipsy

Sorry no local ideas. But www.newenough.com is a great place to deal with. No hassle returns if you don't like it for any reason and a pretty good fit guide for each item. They give you real world info on the fit of each item if it differs from the manufactures specs. Free shipping right now on some stuff too.
LusterBroil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #774
TipsyMcStagger
Beastly Adventurer
 
TipsyMcStagger's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NYC & NPR, FL
Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterBroil
Sorry no local ideas. But www.newenough.com is a great place to deal with. No hassle returns if you don't like it for any reason and a pretty good fit guide for each item. They give you real world info on the fit of each item if it differs from the manufactures specs. Free shipping right now on some stuff too.
Yeah, I'm familiar with NewEnough.

It's just that the fit and finish of gear varies so much from one manufacturer to the next (as well as the appearance when compared to a online photo), I'd like to be able to see some stuff in person and try some of it on.

Tipsy
TipsyMcStagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #775
priller
-
 
priller's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: wetlands, PL
Oddometer: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger

I need some recommendations for dealers/stores that have a descent selection of gear. Willing to hit NJ, lower upstate and CT if need be.

Any ideas?
possibly the biggest selection in manhattan (not necessarily the best):

http://www.motorsportsnyc.com/
priller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #776
Donald Duck
QYYQQuacks !
 
Donald Duck's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Manhattan, NY
Oddometer: 851
Hi guys, Perry, Yarrai, Dlew...all...
Any plans riding this Sunday? I'm considering to get my morning coffe at State Line Lookout between 9~9:30... How'bout you?
__________________
You won't know what you can achieve until you try...
Donald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #777
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer
 
TengaiJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Tappan, NY
Oddometer: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Yeah, I'm familiar with NewEnough.

It's just that the fit and finish of gear varies so much from one manufacturer to the next (as well as the appearance when compared to a online photo), I'd like to be able to see some stuff in person and try some of it on.

Tipsy
Tipsy, I had the same problem. In the end I just bit the bullet and purchased a Kili 4.0 Jacket and pant from New Enough. The size is pretty accurate. I haven't warn the jacket/pants yet so your welcome to try them on, I'm off of exit 4 on the PIP (13 miles north of NYC).
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #778
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck
Hi guys, Perry, Yarrai, Dlew...all...
Any plans riding this Sunday? I'm considering to get my morning coffe at State Line Lookout between 9~9:30... How'bout you?

If I get my bike out of LI before the wknd it's possible.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #779
DR. Rock
Part of the problem
 
DR. Rock's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NYfC, yff
Oddometer: 5,528
Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
If I get my bike out of LI before the wknd it's possible.
STILL???
__________________
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #780
Zodiac
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock
STILL???
yup

Thinking about Thursday night.....

Did you ride?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014