ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #12946
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERZERKOWITZ View Post

If you look close you can see the Hybrid badge, and I have a big back seat if anyone wants to send a lady friend to confirm my penis size.
is the flag part of the accessories of your truck!!!?

PLEASE say NO!!

PS.
NICE looking truck !
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #12947
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 946
Tough Mudder

Has anyone here done a "Tough Mudder" race?

I'm considering entering for one in VT in July, with some buddies from CT and Mass.

I understand there's a tri-state one in October, but I can't realistically plan that far out.

Is anyone training for one?
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #12948
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:

If you look close you can see the Hybrid badge, and I have a big back seat if anyone wants to send a lady friend to confirm my penis size.
Wow, nice beadlocks, I would recommend bigger tires before you scratch them ...

And a pirate sticker on the bumper, that must scare the shit out of pedestrians....
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #12949
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO100 View Post
Has anyone here done a "Tough Mudder" race?
A friend of mine tried that without training properly and ended up in the hospital for several days. Apparently five miles a day on a treadmill just didn't cut it.

PS, Berzerk's truck doesn't look right - I think it needs a Confederate flag.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #12950
FCPB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
+100 on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectaltronics View Post
The NYC subway is an amazing thing. Except for the disgusting filth and dust and the rats. And the homeless people and horrible odors. And the beggars. And the predators. And the over-crowding, and the obnoxious, rude, selfish idiots. And the noise. The mind-numbing RACKET! And being prohibited from moving between cars for no good reason at all. And the crap lighting, mediocre security and being ten to twenty years behind the rest of the world in technology. And the plainclothes cops waiting to ticket you for putting your belongings on a seat in a half-full car instead of sitting them in the pool of filth at your feet.

I'd take the subway more often if I wasn't convinced I'd wind up making Bernie Goetz look like Gandhi.

I've been known to walk crosstown and take the bus, which increases trip time to about 2.5 times that of the subway. I once tried doing that going up to the bus terminal uptown and it took three hours.

Nothing like a motorcycle to get me to office and to my clients quickly and with my sanity intact.
FCPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #12951
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
And a file photo from 3 years ago? You know that will only invoke more problems.
Somebody has to try and take the high road here.
This is a NYC commuter's thread, not a TOR game. I think that file photos are allowed!

As far as taking the high road, I'd suggest getting a sense of humor. And stop the nonsense debate about fuel economy and motorcycles. That's about as boring as an oil thread....
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #12952
Juanjo_NY
Made in Argentina

Oddometer: 4,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickKLR View Post
?
Feel free to tag along and I'm 100% certain that no bung holes will be harmed during this or any other rides.

I still woudn't pick up the soap from the ground with this group!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #12953
Rectaltronics
Krusty Krasher

Oddometer: 9,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo View Post
And stop the nonsense debate about fuel economy and motorcycles. That's about as boring as an oil thread....
Start a DocGonzo thread here in Regional and have fun telling everyone what they can and cannot discuss.

PS, I like the art of substitution in your tag today. Out with taxicab yellow, in with GS yellow. 'twas a shame you couldn't stand letting the new guy get into the game.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #12954
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,238
Quote:
This is a NYC commuter's thread, not a TOR game. I think that file photos are allowed!

As far as taking the high road, I'd suggest getting a sense of humor. And stop the nonsense debate about fuel economy and motorcycles. That's about as boring as an oil thread....
Or as boring as someone repeatedly mentioning someone's penis? You seem to have a thing about that. Have a pied a terre on Christopher St by any chance?

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #12955
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,963
Quote:
That is correct. You can tow a small motorcycle or two on an efficient trailer with a Honda Fit (33mpg highway, manual transmission) that has a conventional 4 cylinder motorcycle type V-tec engine. No Prius needed:

But, alas, you won't be able to put the "I have a small penis" bumper sticker on the back of the big truck with the testicles hanging off the tow hitch, like Kenny61!
Actually I have a picture of you on the tailgate so everyone can tell where the ass end is
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #12956
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,363
typical doc. throws down that crap before pb3 and then shows up with his bike on a trailer. i rode down friday night after a long hard day at work showing up after dark. scrounging for dinner (and adult beverages!). up early next day "helping" with tech inspection (this entails laughing while sallydog hassles everyone while passing anything that can roll up).

doc proceeds to ride one day and then boasts how he was back in first! mounts up his 950 Senior Enduro and goes home!

doc, when i grow up, i still wanna be just like you!

Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #12957
GHO100
Crazy George

Oddometer: 946
Dead battery.

Anyone give me a jump at south and broad street corner?

203-417-6663

NEVERMIND!!! on the road again
www.NYMSTF.org - Support NY Riders!

GHO100 screwed with this post 03-06-2012 at 06:25 PM
GHO100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #12958
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
typical doc. throws down that crap before pb3 and then shows up with his bike on a trailer....snip the nonsense....
The majority of intelligent riders bring their dirt bikes to dirt events in their pickups, motor homes, or on trailers. You've been to events like the Durty Dabbers, right? Enduros?

You have to be out of your mind to ride two hours on the highway with knobbies to an event, or two hours on the highway back home when you are exhausted, or have a damaged bike or damaged foot (which happens, both at track days and dirt events). Not prudent, though definitely macho. Yes, you are definitely more macho.

You learn by experience that you want to transport your prepared bike to and from track days and dirt events, not ride there. But of course, you don't have much experience, just lots of testosterone....

But we were talking about fuel efficient autos and bikes, weren't we? Don't think we were talking about hot air.....
Old 03-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #12959
BERZERKOWITZ

Oddometer: 479
I fly the flag on national holidays. The beadlocks are fake. I wasn't sure what size rims and tires I wanted to run so I picked them up for cheap. I'm putting on different rims and 37's when those wear out. I built another mount that goes in the bed that I used to fly an American flag, confederate flag and culpeper flag. I'm a redneck from Bklyn, fuck it.
BERZERKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #12960
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
I'm a redneck from Bklyn, fuck it.
Hmm, I don't know your first name or last name but your handle indicates that you might be jewish. How can you be a redneck if you are jewish and from Brooklyn???
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote