User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
vtvette OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
KLX 250 changes?

Hello all, I'm trying to learn more about the various iterations KLX 250 but I can't seem to find much definitive information. There's much written and I'm pretty familiar with the '07-'08 model then there were some changes for '09 - current but what about the older KLX 250's?

A friend back in the day had a (new at the time) 1998 KLX250 that was quite the bike in it's day for a street legal 250 dual sport. I can't find much info about the KLX 250's from this time period (early 90's to mid-2000's).

In appearance they look fairly similar to the '07 - '08 bikes. Do they share the same frame/engine etc? I'm curious when the KLX 250 first debuted and various changes from then until the '07 model.

Thanks for any help,

Brian
vtvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,429
From the late 90's early 2000s (I'd have to check the year) to the 06/07 models the only difference I am aware of is production shifted to Thailand and they changed the radiator shrouds.

Not much has really chainged since it's inception around 93, it got USD forks later in the 90's, and got electric start about the same time.

Frame, engine and suspension has remained partly unchainged as far as I remember.
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
vtvette OP
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
From the late 90's early 2000s (I'd have to check the year) to the 06/07 models the only difference I am aware of is production shifted to Thailand and they changed the radiator shrouds.

Not much has really chainged since it's inception around 93, it got USD forks later in the 90's, and got electric start about the same time.

Frame, engine and suspension has remained partly unchainged as far as I remember.
Thank you sir that is exactly what I thought based on pictures I've compared but I could not find any definitive information.

There is surprisingly little info anywhere on the 90's/mid 2000's KLX 250's. My friend who owned one back in the 90's unfortunately passed untimely in the early 2000's so I get a little nostalgic about these bikes and would like to know more about them.
vtvette is offline   Reply With Quote