Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #16
xr650rmAINE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztsd
The latest word is the rubber cones will come with the clamp this will probably bump the price up a little but I think it will be cheaper than buying the Honda part... Waiting to hear more...
By all means keep me posted. So does this set-up raise up the bars etc?Can you use 7/8 or the 1 1/8 bars in the clamps? Gene
xr650rmAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #17
ztsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr650rmAINE
By all means keep me posted. So does this set-up raise up the bars etc?Can you use 7/8 or the 1 1/8 bars in the clamps? Gene
The bars have to be raised to clear the damper. Ron is planning to raise the bars and move them forward also. Probably about an inch each way. He is planning to supply a choice of 7/8 or a 1 1/8 with an option to get both. Since I just got the 1 1/8 bars and an adaptor, I could go either way but will probably go with the 1 1/8 bar clamps and scrap the adaptor. Ron is trying to work a design that will give the maximum flexibility and possibly be portable to other triple clamps he supplies. Time will tell!
ztsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #18
xr650rmAINE
Adventurer

Quote:
The bars have to be raised to clear the damper. Ron is planning to raise the bars and move them forward also. Probably about an inch each way. He is planning to supply a choice of 7/8 or a 1 1/8 with an option to get both. Since I just got the 1 1/8 bars and an adaptor, I could go either way but will probably go with the 1 1/8 bar clamps and scrap the adaptor. Ron is trying to work a design that will give the maximum flexibility and possibly be portable to other triple clamps he supplies. Time will tell!
Do you know when they will be ready for delivery?. What 1 1/8" bars do you have?(width/height?model) I don`t want to have to buy longer cables. Thanks
Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #19
ztsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Do you know when they will be ready for delivery?. What 1 1/8" bars do you have?(width/height?model) I don`t want to have to buy longer cables. Thanks
The latest word is a prototype will be ready in a week or so and if it works out the triple clamps will be put in production. There was a snag with the custom rubber cones and hes going back to the CRF450 cones. Im happier about that myself.

Since I needed taller bars, I picked up the Protaper Contour Pastrana FMX 02-4810
Width: 30.5 (775mm) Height: 4.75 (121mm) Pullback: 2.17 (55)
Along with an adaptor to mount them to the stock clamp. Works great for now but they are buzzy. Didnt have to get longer cables but I did have to reroute them.

The extra height is super! Seems much easier to stand up and it is much more comfortable standing!

Dont know if the extra height of the SUB will be a problem. Oh, Im running the QS and it comes with longer throttle cables. I think Ill be able to get by with the current cables with the new clamp, but I really wont know until I try it.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #20
ProMed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
The latest word is a prototype will be ready in a week or so and if it works out the triple clamps will be put in production. There was a snag with the custom rubber cones and hes going back to the CRF450 cones. Im happier about that myself.
Any idea on how long production would take? I am really looking forward to trying this system out on the piggy. Thanks for taking your time to get all of this set up!
ProMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 AM   #21
kellyk7
Who knows

Oddometer: 1,746
Question on this setup, Does this setup allow the bars to be moved forward and backward on the tree, to adjust the feel of the steering??

I came acrost a guy that is makeing a set simular to what you are describing here. His system allows for the bars to be moved forward or backward to 4 differant positions so that you can tune how responcive the forks are to the handlebars. This is a trick MXers and Trail guys have been doing to smaller bikes, with the bars back either on top of or behind the the stem the bike tends to be more stable, good for highway runs where quick turns are not as big a deal. If you move them forward over the fork tubes the bike tends to be more responcive to the bars, and may give back some of the BRPs sluggish trail manners. I guess pretty much the same effect as altering the rake angle.
kellyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:31 AM   #22
xr650rmAINE
Adventurer

Any new word or pic`s of the set-up?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #23
xr650rmAINE
Adventurer

TTT
Old 07-28-2006, 01:19 AM   #24
xr650rmAINE
Adventurer

Quote:
TTT
Geez qouted myself hmm
Anything yet????????????
Old 07-29-2006, 02:11 AM   #25
ztsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Geez qouted myself hmm
Anything yet????????????
LOL...

I'll check the status...
Old 07-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #26
ztsd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk7
Question on this setup, Does this setup allow the bars to be moved forward and backward on the tree, to adjust the feel of the steering??

I came acrost a guy that is makeing a set simular to what you are describing here. His system allows for the bars to be moved forward or backward to 4 differant positions so that you can tune how responcive the forks are to the handlebars. This is a trick MXers and Trail guys have been doing to smaller bikes, with the bars back either on top of or behind the the stem the bike tends to be more stable, good for highway runs where quick turns are not as big a deal. If you move them forward over the fork tubes the bike tends to be more responcive to the bars, and may give back some of the BRPs sluggish trail manners. I guess pretty much the same effect as altering the rake angle.
Well, if it's Ron Wallace of RSW Racing. Rons web site is: http://www.rswracing.com/ then it is the same guy. And yes Ron was talking about adjustable bar clamps.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:19 AM   #27
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,451
Any new news?

Quote:
Well, if it's Ron Wallace of RSW Racing. Rons web site is: http://www.rswracing.com/ then it is the same guy. And yes Ron was talking about adjustable bar clamps.
I may be interested in this clamp as well. Any word?

Thanks;
Tony
2013 Piaggio BV350 sold
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:58 AM   #28
kellyk7
Who knows

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
that be the guy, I have not talked to him in a while how is his project coming, and he seems to know his stuff and his parts seem pretty well made. I have seen it on other MX bikes

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It is about learning how to dance in the rain" - HAWK
kellyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #29
xr400r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,055
I'd be interested. I just purchased a brp.
xr400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #30
ProMed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
ProMed is offline   Reply With Quote