Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
Lencho
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE
Too bad it has the same engine as the pod
Now the Ducati Desmo version has a soul, that's a different story!
Yah, that boring, good for nothing, souless V-Strom motor really sucks
Why would Cagiva ever want to use that?!?!

OK, I got to go ride my souless, characterless, ugly V-Strom so that I can get the usual superb pleasure grin it always gives
Lencho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
nav18tor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
I have had my Cagiva Navigator for 2 years, p/xed it from an Aprilia Mille and I can only say that the Navigator is without doupt the most fum bike I have ever owned, sure, my Honda Blackbird was faater, and the Mille handles better (on smooth roads) but the Cagiva is well built, has been 100% reliable.

For normal(read fast) road riding, most sports bikes cannot keep up, the engine iss a gem, the only "fault" being slight surging if the TBS is not synched.

I am keeping this one, and have found nothing which offers the same value/fun for money
nav18tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #18
Django Loco
Banned

Oddometer: 3,785
Hey, I thought this thread was long dead!
Good to hear from a satisfied owner of a Navi. I had always wondered about the bike, ever since sitting on a used example in Didcot while shopping for a good used bike back in 2003.

I may do this same scenario again....that is....go to the UK...buy a used bike
and tour round on it and sell it back off.

What are the Navigators selling for? Any chance I might find a decent, low mileage used example for around 2500 or 3K UKP's?
Last time I bought a Tiger and it did very well. I'm looking for something cheaper for a nice Euro tour in future. Thoughts?
Django Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #19
NAVIGATOR
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django Loco
Hey, I thought this thread was long dead!
Good to hear from a satisfied owner of a Navi. I had always wondered about the bike, ever since sitting on a used example in Didcot while shopping for a good used bike back in 2003.

I may do this same scenario again....that is....go to the UK...buy a used bike
and tour round on it and sell it back off.

What are the Navigators selling for? Any chance I might find a decent, low mileage used example for around 2500 or 3K UKP's?
Last time I bought a Tiger and it did very well. I'm looking for something cheaper for a nice Euro tour in future. Thoughts?
Make that two very satisfied NAVIGATOR owners
NAVIGATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #20
cagiva549
whats a cagiva

Oddometer: 2,454
I have always been intrested in the Navigator , After reading the bike report above I think I will stay with the GC . I usally run 300+ km before the fuel light comes on and 225 to 250 when off road . SEYA
05 ST3 duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing my geezer ride
cagiva549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #21
4Skins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Suspension upgrade

I'm thinking of upgrading the suspension on my blue 2001 Navigator. Maybe another set of forks and an Ohlins shock. I've already done the 19" front wheel conversion. Has anybody had any experience with pimping the suspenders?
4Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
terbang
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hi, this is my first post here. I'm from New Zealand and I have just purchased a Cagiva Navigator. I have come from a Hayabusa to this bike and am pleasantly surprised with its ability in the twisties. This is my first adventure bike. I am thinking of doing the 19' wheel conversion as it opens up a new world of tyres.
terbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #23
El Toad Man
Offroad adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Welcome terbang!
I recently sold my 2001 model, but the 19" wheel conversion would've been good for me too. We are very limited with 18" adv front tyres. A decent bashplate too, mine has a few deep gouges in the sump from very minor offroad excursions.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 AM   #24
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,005

Sure looks a lot better than the DL1000, no wonder Suzuki wouldn't let Cagiva sell it in North America
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #25
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,246
A Strom makes so much more sence, cheaper, and not as quirky.....Nav is just not ready for Prime Time and will soon go the way of many other hybrids!
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #26
conrado
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
A Strom makes so much more sence
I can't make much sense out of the above ..
Old 03-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
Cauldron
Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer: 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash
A Strom makes so much more sence, cheaper, and not as quirky.....Nav is just not ready for Prime Time and will soon go the way of many other hybrids!
You ready for a honda accord yet?

Cauldron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #28
terbang
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I'm learning about this thing. I have come off a Suzuki Hayabusa and a long term 1200 Bandit to try a new style of riding and to explore more of our country. The Navigator continues to surprise me with its's swift and agile manner on a twisty piece of road and in some places I think that it will tackle a tight road better than the busa. It is no slouch either with an easy and rapid acceleration to 200kph achieved in short time. It aint a Hayabusa (300KPH) though it's starting to prove to be heck of a lot more fun. I am new to this sort of thing and now have the impression that it is a road bike that you can take out into the gravel and fairly easy passes up and above being a big trailie, though I hear you can buy different wheels and a better engine protector to make ot a bit more robust off road. Try riding a hayabusa in gravel..! From someone who has been a road and track rider I am pleasantly surprised and am enjoying my new ride and love it's handling and power delivery. The build quality seems fine to me, but then Ive been on Suzukis for years.

terbang screwed with this post 04-03-2007 at 04:07 PM
terbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #29
MymoJoe
Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer: 2,780
Navigator

[quote=nav18tor]I have had my Cagiva Navigator for 2 years, p/xed it from an Aprilia Mille and I can only say that the Navigator is without doupt the most fum bike I have ever owned, sure, my Honda Blackbird was faater, and the Mille handles better (on smooth roads) but the Cagiva is well built, has been 100% reliable.

For normal(read fast) road riding, most sports bikes cannot keep up, the engine iss a gem, the only "fault" being slight surging if the TBS is not synched.

I am keeping this one, and have found nothing which offers the same value/fun for money[/quote

I am seriously looking at buying a Cagiva Navigator. I am looking for some real information on them. A few people I have spoken to love them. I am trying to find out roughly how many ks people are getting out of the 20ltr fuel tank and if the tyre selection is a problem?

Thanks

Joe

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...33#post7397233

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
MymoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #30
4Skins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortaygo
I am looking for some real information on them. A few people I have spoken to love them. I am trying to find out roughly how many ks people are getting out of the 20ltr fuel tank and if the tyre selection is a problem?

Thanks

Joe

About 300 km if you're careful, but it's hard to go slow eh...
4Skins is offline   Reply With Quote