Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #91
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer: 271
got the mirrors and adaptors to mount them from KTM world- the mirrors are from 2007 990 duke.

the front brake clamp was also from ktm world 2004 ktm 450 exc US. You should be able to get them from there or atleast get a better picture...

my SXC is 2004 also only had one mirror mount(mine didnt even have one mirror when i bought it)
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #92
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

has any one had problems with rear hub???
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #93
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,103
buy a cush lc4 complete wheel ..if you ride on the street the hub will crack.. trust me on this I have two on the shelf .. first cracked the other blew apart.. even if you keep your chain on the loose side .. plus the lc4 wheel has a wider rim..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #94
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

thats is what i am looking into. trying to find one under 300- not much luck. if i could find a hub and lace it to my stocker that would be great. My stocker is starting to crack- i just found it- it is not cracked all the way around yet but there are numerous 1-2 inch cracks...looking at the KTM parts for lc4A rear wheel- could i just buy a hub/sproket support/rubber busshings- or do i need to buy the spacers and all the little parts????
Old 04-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #95
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Ok let me set this one straight cause I did it...
the compele lc4 wheel 58410001544 is that.. all spacers ,bearings, spokes and DID silver dirtstar DOT rim (which is wider at 2.50 instead of 2.15 OK with me!) ..
but the carrier is not included so you will have to get a carrier and rubber bushings..
Now the carrier has two pn's one is more money and believe it may have to do with the bearings..

You can also buy the hub complete that comes with spacers and bearings .. but you (or someone) will have to unlace your rim and you will have to buy a half set of spokes 54610471000 SPOKE M5X223-10G 18" as the hub is slightly different but you can use half the spokes off the old wheel . it will need to be relaced and trued..

so threre are both options

I got the complete wheel so no waiting. and it was nice and shiny.. Dont forget if you get a complete wheel you will need a wider rim lock..

and the rotors and sprockets all interchange as well as the 03 and later longer swingarm

still never figgured out why the sxc hub had the thin spacer with the sprocket.. useless
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #96
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Ok let me set this one straight cause I did it...
the compele lc4 wheel 58410001544 is that.. all spacers ,bearings, spokes and DID silver dirtstar DOT rim (which is wider at 2.50 instead of 2.15 OK with me!) ..
but the carrier is not included so you will have to get a carrier and rubber bushings..
Now the carrier has two pn's one is more money and believe it may have to do with the bearings..

You can also buy the hub complete that comes with spacers and bearings .. but you (or someone) will have to unlace your rim and you will have to buy a half set of spokes 54610471000 SPOKE M5X223-10G 18" as the hub is slightly different but you can use half the spokes off the old wheel . it will need to be relaced and trued..

so threre are both options

I got the complete wheel so no waiting. and it was nice and shiny.. Dont forget if you get a complete wheel you will need a wider rim lock..

and the rotors and sprockets all interchange as well as the 03 and later longer swingarm

still never figgured out why the sxc hub had the thin spacer with the sprocket.. useless
Thanks for the explaination!
What kind of tires do you run? I have dunlop 606s.
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #97
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

thanks alot for the part number and explaination- i forgot about the different spokes. sounds like a better deal to get the whole wheel. what is the widest tire you got on the new one? i have 140 MT21 on there right now. someone before me cut out the chain guard to run that tire. I do not like the mt21 either- wears too fast. i might as well have a trackmaster 2- get about the same miles...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #98
pingo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
I also have a question. I'm trying to make my sxc a little more travelling friendly. Which seat + tank combination should I get? I'm trying to save money so if anyone knows of any good deals I'll really appreciate the hint
Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #99
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

i posted pics of mine. i have the 18L tank which requires the comfort seat. it came on the bike when i bought it. i have to stock stuff but after looking at the stock seat i have not changed it. Most people talk about the vibs and i didnt notice it as much i think because of the comfort seat. the only thing i do not like about the seat is the downward angle towards the front. I have not had mine for long so one time i got 170 miles of mostly hard woods riding and some street until i hit the reserve. Changing the tank is easy becase not bolted to the radiator. the cap locks. the tank does block the choke- but i just feel around and can still get at it. I dont notice the extra weight of the gas and i ride pretty hard in the woods- ofcourse i do not know what the stock is like. the bike still feels light to me relatively speaking.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #100
pingo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Which part number should I be looking for for the 18L tank? Are there different brands/types that would fit? And same question for the comfort seat?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #101
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

mine was already on the bike when i bought it used- sorry i dont even know who made it...
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #102
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

anyone replaced front brake rotor? what did you do about the little spedo magnet? i saw some on ebay for 54 bucks- alot cheaper than stock and they have hole drilled- but no magnet. do the stock ones come with the magnet on them?

thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #103
Ned1
Lend Me Yu Choppa

Oddometer: 511
If they're the cheap Typhoon branded rotors beware the hole is a loose fit for the OEM magnet carrier. I used some JB to ensure the magnet aint going anywhere.
Ned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:56 AM   #104
timg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Comfort seat

Anybody know where I can find a comfort seat for my 625SXC with 18l tank? They seem to be unavailable new? Anybody got a good secondhand one they want to part with? Cheers.
timg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #105
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

the for sale forum had a seat tank combo last week