Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #841
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldobi
Hello all

My name is Oliver and I am from Germany.
Realy nice to read this forum. Very intersting. I bought a 950 ( year 99) with carburator and a broken gear box (6 gear / 4 tooth were missing). Here are some fotos. I am realy intersting to change the fueling system. The gear box is fixed and the machine was running but I had a problem with valve stem seal. It blowed Oil in the gear clinder. Now I am fixing it and I rework the cilinder and make some new pistons.
It realy intersting what all of you are doing. I will post some photos of mine.

Sorry I need to find out to attach some photos here. I try it later.

Oliver
Welcome Oliver, looking forward to seeing your bike. In the meantime here is a pic of Thomas with his Outback (hope he doesn't mind me posting). He is a good friend of Johan (Greasesnake) and lives near him in Sweden. This is an older carbed model, he was kind enough to let me ride it when I was in Sweden in 2009. It was a flier pulling well right through the range - grreat bike

Highland for the Body and Guzzi for the Soul
John in Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #842
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Talking

Sometimes we get the chance to see a brilliant spoof - might have seen it before but I really liked this one

Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #843
Oldobi
Olli

Oddometer: 30
Ok I try

When I bought the bike

motor with 10.000 km

missing tooth 6 gear

gear box

assy after repair

Assy

Ready 1

Plastics

I hope it worked

Oldobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #844
Oldobi
Olli

Thumb Very nice

Hello

Something I found in WWW. I like this, but I donīt now the owner.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #845
Oldobi
Olli

Question Oil resevoir??

Hello

I was wondering when I have seen that some people are devide the oil reservoir in the midle. Can sombody tell why they do that?

Sorry for my english. Itīs not that good.

Olli
Old 11-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #846
Dracothius
Berserker

Oddometer: 224
I doubt this question needs to be asked but, how reliable do you guys think the new highland bikes are gonna be? One being horrible and ten being no problems. I wouldn't ask this but, I bought an aprilia rxv 5.5 and it's basically a twin dirt bike with high tech parts which is what a highland is but the aprilia has given me nothing but trouble. It's made me somewhat paranoid. I know that the aprilia is basically a lemon but I'm still scared of high tech dirt machines. I'm pretty sure the highlands are gonna be good but I need to hear it for reassurance. I would probably get the flat tracker and ride it steet/dirt with the more docile 950 for longer life. I don't think I'd race it a whole lot. Any advice would be great, thanks.
Dracothius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #847
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracothius
I doubt this question needs to be asked but, how reliable do you guys think the new highland bikes are gonna be? One being horrible and ten being no problems. I wouldn't ask this but, I bought an aprilia rxv 5.5 and it's basically a twin dirt bike with high tech parts which is what a highland is but the aprilia has given me nothing but trouble. It's made me somewhat paranoid. I know that the aprilia is basically a lemon but I'm still scared of high tech dirt machines. I'm pretty sure the highlands are gonna be good but I need to hear it for reassurance. I would probably get the flat tracker and ride it steet/dirt with the more docile 950 for longer life. I don't think I'd race it a whole lot. Any advice would be great, thanks.
High tech, hmm, not so sure about that. Most of what I see on the forthcoming(?) US Highlands is tried and tested over a number of years. Wheels, brakes, suspension and running gear are nothing but the best. The only 'high tec' I see is the new material and design of the frame in a development of stainless steel on some of the bikes that, if what I've read is right, is likely to give exceptional performance and durability. The other area being the electronics and engine management which in general seems to be fairly bulletproof these days

It is unlikely if US Highland want to succeed long term that they will take short cuts in manufacture (the biggest source of unreliability after lazy and incompetent owners) and of course that will be reflected in the price. Let's hope we get what we pay for

Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #848
Keithy
Chaotically Keith

Oddometer: 283
I might bell you tomorrow John.....To see how your project is going... I was reminded of it when you used the word "lazy"
Keithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #849
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithy
I might bell you tomorrow John.....To see how your project is going... I was reminded of it when you used the word "lazy"
'kinnel!!!

you got me , that'll focus my mind in the morning better get up real early

Old 11-24-2010, 03:48 AM   #850
zmangr
n00b

Oddometer: 1
950 for sale

Hope this is the right thread to post this, got a trade in from a friend, the one and only Highland in Greece, 2003 or 4 950 Outback disassembled and 95% complete with Supermoto Wheels 9no tires) and very little miles. Some cracks on bodywork but otherwise ok. Trying to locate its brakes. Bike is titled in Greece and road legal from any aspect. I remember lots of fueling and starting problems that frustrated the owner, tore the bike apart to use for a project that never materialised, motor is unopened except for starting clutch repairs. Will Post pics if needed or email to anyone interested. All offers welcome for the whole thing or parts.

Thanks
zmangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM   #851
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmangr
Hope this is the right thread to post this, got a trade in from a friend, the one and only Highland in Greece, 2003 or 4 950 Outback disassembled and 95% complete with Supermoto Wheels 9no tires) and very little miles. Some cracks on bodywork but otherwise ok. Trying to locate its brakes. Bike is titled in Greece and road legal from any aspect. I remember lots of fueling and starting problems that frustrated the owner, tore the bike apart to use for a project that never materialised, motor is unopened except for starting clutch repairs. Will Post pics if needed or email to anyone interested. All offers welcome for the whole thing or parts.

Thanks
Put it all in a box, and ship it to me here in the USA. I will make it alive again, not to wither away rusting and rotting. PM me your price.
Assfault
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #852
John in Leeds
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmangr
motor is unopened except for starting clutch repairs.

Thanks

Nice simple repair, should have posted this before. If Kurt wants me to remove this extract from the Highland assembly instructions I will

Old 11-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #853
supermoto51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Nice worK John !!
Thanks Kurt
supermoto51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #854
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,949
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #855
Oldobi
Olli

[quote=John in Leeds]Nice simple repair, should have posted this before. If Kurt wants me to remove this extract from the Highland assembly instructions I will

Very good explaint John. Makes work easy.
Thanks
Honda CR 250 R 1994
BMW F800GS 2010