User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
ajay OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Advice wanted

I have a short commute (under 2 miles) to my new office - downhill going, uphill (parts medium steep) returning. Traffic moves at 35 - 40 mph. The distance is too short for my GS, so I am thinking of a scooter. I weigh in at 190 lbs. dressed. I dress business casual - occasional suit.

I am considering a Stella, Yamaha Vino 125, Kymco 50 or 150 - my budget is around $3500 - less is best!

Advice needed about these or other scoots.

Thanks
ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,330
based on my test rides over the last two weeks, the 150cc is the best choice, b/c you have a moto license and you could go longer distances and hit speeds close to 65mph... go ride em' and you'll see... test rides on scooters are easy to get and really don't take long to sort out how they do in around town riding... For me, I'd go Stella or restored Vespa, but I'm a sucker for the vintage look... I just got my wife a Piaggio 50cc two stroke with the big wheels like the Kymco People and its very stable and fun to ride... All my friends and I have ridden and were very impressed with how fun they are and convenient...
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote