Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2002, 09:54 PM   #16
Gyromaniac
Betty Crocker w/ wrenches

Oddometer: 378
That should read:
Arbey's new scoot, eh.

Perfect, fish. He doesn't NEED heated grips.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:40 AM   #17
Arbey Canuck OP
Ageless Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally posted by fish
Well done, Arbey Shrek! (I love that movie). Glad no lasting injuries to you or the bike.

Shrek is quickly becoming one of my all time favs!!! My 2 girls (10 & 7) now do the movie verbatim ... with appropriate expression too!!!

Riding is always a good day
Arbey Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 07:58 AM   #18
Arbey Canuck OP
Ageless Adventurer

Thanks to all

And people fuss about this forums inner workings at times!!!! Nothing but sincerity expressed in this thread ... funny and all ... Thanks!!!!

Braved the weather last night and did drive home!!! I left at 3pm so I could see better ... and get out before huge amounts of traffic and snow accumulation. Roads were not frozen ... just slick and slushie!!!

Was certainly a tad gun-shy out of the blocks ... very reserve, very smooth and my feet were leaving the pegs at every wiggle!!! The snow was heavy and wet ... and pushing the tires around ... but by about mile 10 ... was more than comfortable in the saddle again. Finally drove through the bad weather about 20 miles from home and hit drying pavement ... and was able to test drive the bike from a hard braking, quick line changing, accelerating and high speed perspective. The bike is great and demonstrated nothing to suggest any more problems than the minor cosmetic ones previously mentioned!!! Whew!!!!!!!

Took the cage today though ... possiblities of a major dump begining early evening. I intend to pay more attention to weather forcasts before I leave each morning ... at least looking for a reasonable window to make it home in!!!!!!

Happy riding out there to all those with dry roads and warmer weather ... !!!!!

Old 01-16-2002, 09:03 AM   #19
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,904
Arbey, I've got the perfect comeback-vehicle for you for your Thursday act! This thing holds a GS on the bumper, so you can mount it there to jog people's memory, then shout out on the bullhorn, "Hey!! Remember me? I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Who wants to mess with me now?"

Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:08 AM   #20
four-up
Distracted

Oddometer: 330
I want one of those!

Now that's an SUV! Does it come with a missile launcher?
four-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:37 AM   #21
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,355
Eek geez,

what a bunch of nuts

only the 16th of January and we have the bobsledding team member count at 2. :):

who's next to enter the bobsledder's hall of fame? Step right up
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:44 AM   #22
Marc
Just sayin...

Oddometer: 8,967
Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
Arbey, I've got the perfect comeback-vehicle for you for your Thursday act! This thing holds a GS on the bumper, so you can mount it there to jog people's memory, then shout out on the bullhorn, "Hey!! Remember me? I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Who wants to mess with me now?"

Baldy,

Perfect sag-wagon for your upcoming wintertime Alaskan adventure! I wonder how well that thing works when the temps drop to 50-below...

Marc
Old 01-16-2002, 11:01 AM   #23
Arbey Canuck OP
Ageless Adventurer

Sweet

I want to set up some comfy chairs ... cooler ... maybe even a barbeque up top ... bunch a good friends and Baldy in charge of the 'adventure destination' ... leading and tour guiding ... the way!!!!!

Rumor has it ... for those that remember the Baldy / Angus connection ... Baldy grabs the front bumped and lifts up to his chest 10 times before beginning each training session!!!!

Err ... or is the bumper already at chest level???

Old 01-16-2002, 02:32 PM   #24
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,904
Re: Sweet

Quote:
Originally posted by Arbey Canuck
... for those that remember the Baldy / Angus connection ... Baldy grabs the front bumper and lifts up to his chest 10 times
Lest anyone forget, my great uncle Angus was 7'9" tall, 425 pounds, made cRAsH look like a gIrL. Thass right.

He didn't need to slip around on the ice trying to pick up a GS; he could've just glared at a spectator and asked "whachoo lookin' at? Come here and pick up this bike."

And they would've.

Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 02:55 PM   #25
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
Re: Re: Sweet

Quote:
Originally posted by Baldy
Lest anyone forget, my great uncle Angus was 7'9" tall, 425 pounds, made cRAsH look like a gIrL. Thass right.
Dayum straight. That's one big mofo.
:eek:
cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:50 PM   #26
Gyromaniac
Betty Crocker w/ wrenches

Oddometer: 378
Sir Angus, that is

If you could find a kilt that fit him, you'd sure want him on your caber-tossing team!
Old 01-16-2002, 03:54 PM   #27
moon
Space Cowboy

Oddometer: 413
Re: Down it Went !!!

Quote:
Did only a quick review of the bike last night ... only minor damage ... cylinder guard cracked (I don't have crash bars) but it did the job ... small dent in the exhaust near the cat (must be from the center stand)
If it makes you feel any better I think that that dent in your exhaust near where the sidestand sits may have always been there. Every GS I've seen has it. I think that's how they're designed.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:02 PM   #28
Arbey Canuck OP
Ageless Adventurer

Re: Re: Down it Went !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by moon
If it makes you feel any better I think that that dent in your exhaust near where the sidestand sits may have always been there. Every GS I've seen has it. I think that's how they're designed.
I'm feeling even better now ... thanks!!!!

Fish ... I'm a little dissappointed ... I would of thought you'd be all over that one!!!!! Don't you know everything????? Are we more RT in tune than GS???????

Old 01-16-2002, 05:03 PM   #29
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Thumb Glad you are OK

Howdy Arbey,

I rode my GS in the snow for the first time about a month ago when I had the differnt final drive installed. The snow was no problem, it's where the cars had spun thier tires and packed it into ice that life became interesting.

Tomorow I and many other riders will be riding down to the State Capital to participare in a Motorcycle rights activity, the forecast is not looking good, rain for sure, possiable snow flurries. When I get up in the morning I will decide weather to ride or drive, but knowing me, it will be ride, wish me luck.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:09 PM   #30
fish
Banned

Oddometer: 47,709
Re: Re: Re: Down it Went !!!

Quote:

Fish ... I'm a little dissappointed ... I would of thought you'd be all over that one!!!!! Don't you know everything????? Are we more RT in tune than GS???????
Are you talking about the indentation in the heatshield? I'll see if I can get a shot and post.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote