Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro
They replaced more than hardware. There has been a change in the roster

Old 05-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #92
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,309
Guess that's what happens when you can't get plates...
You just keep trading bikes

Mostro, you ARE a bastage... underemployed and new rides

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:11 PM   #93
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

Oddometer: 29,248
Wow. 4 pages and I haven't posted anything worth while. As I'm not a lazy git like Antware I should get rollin' here...

When we woke the next morning we found cheap bastard Data Daddy fitting his KLR with a Wal Mart Corbin. These guys will do anything to save a nickel

After he finally fitted the seat with a few Wonder bread twist ties and some used gum, we headed off to the track to watch the abomination that is the Daytona 200.

We got there just in time for the real race (Superbike) and as it was DD's first time worshiping at the altar of Big Bill France, we walked along the fence to experience the machines as they flew by the start finish line.

I think he was impressed The crab on the other hand? Feh.

A friend of Linzi's stopped by with his woodchuck.

The crab whooped both their asses and sent them crying to mommy

On your marks...

Get set...

Snooze!!!

It seems the little feller was so tuckered out from all the phone calls to his little friends that he couldn't keep his eyes open. It was ok, he didn't miss much. The Buells all exploded, my friends bike kept having problems and my boy Duhamel was running away with the show.

Until...

Zoiks He remounted and finished 5th. Not too shabby. It would have been better if he could have taken out Mladin when he crashed. Twat.

Back at Kamp Kraut it was time to tun the cocktailometer up a few notches and see if we could get DD back on his feet. This would call for something big. Real big...

Tab Energy Drink for Wimmins!

Not only was this shit so bad it was almost undrinkable, but DD still went to bed at 8. Whatta puss

Time to check out some of the high dollar machinery and farkle that turns up for one of these events...

KV's Tigger was sporting the latest in navigational equipment.

And the KLR contingent was not to be outdone. He even had the latest software upgrade. Most people are still running V2.05

KBM scored a ride on a tasty 'tard.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #94
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

Big big thanks to Jeff and Kari for hosting Kamp Kraut every year. You guys are truly the bestest and I am humbled and honoured to know you both and very thankful to have the opportunity each year to get to spend time with you.

Daytona wouldn't be the same without you

Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #95
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

Sunday morning the castle was packed and the bikes were pointed south. Next stop Key West for a little sight seeing and some R&R. Not much to see but slab until you get to the keys...

So there's this one Key called Deer Key. It's called that because it's infested with these little dog sized deer called Key Deer. Go figure huh? Well there are speed traps and flashing lights and signs and 23 different kinds of shit to make sure you slow down form the already glacial speed limit to something close to molasses in a Kapuskasing February. It seems the little bastards are almost extinct. As far as I'm concerned if they are too dumb to get out of the way of a Buick doing 35 mph perhaps their day has come and gone.

Anywhoo, so were slipping the clutches in first to make sure the little dolls domt become fuzzy road pizza which is cool with me IF YOU COULD ACTUALLY SEE THE LITTLE BASTARDS!

Screw Key Dear

We made it to KW in the dark and set the tent up by the glow of headlights and grabbed a quick dinner before turning in. When we awoke it seems the view wasn't too shabby.

First stop? The obligitory photo opp.

We set off for downtown and within 30 seconds became separated. As We were looking for each other I came across another photo opp.

And a kewl shirt too

ilmostro screwed with this post 02-24-2007 at 07:17 PM
ilmostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #96
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,844
Do does Linzi ever wear her hair in anything but a pony tail?

M
Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #97
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

ilmostro screwed with this post 07-22-2007 at 04:51 AM
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 AM   #98
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,243
Key West...did you get to eat at Pepe's?....I reccomend the ribeye smothered in pork chops....

crank up the time machine and get back to the future already
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #99
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFLOW
Key West...did you get to eat at Pepe's?....I reccomend the ribeye smothered in pork chops....

crank up the time machine and get back to the future already
I don't think so, but there was a Carribean place called "Jamaican Me Hungry"

Old 05-07-2006, 01:10 PM   #100
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

We spent the day, ambling around and being touristy. The crab was feeling a little homesick so we stopped by the aquarium for a look-see.

They all look so tasty

He found a friend!

Herpes the wonder fish was on display.

Checked out a ship wreck museum which had a nice lookout tower to take the city in. Too bad these behemoths were assing up the view

A panoramic view of Key West. (click on the picture for a bigger one)

Ring the bell if ye spy a ship wreck, or a nice set of bewbies.

One of the locals. Nice enough guy, but a little stiff.

Crabs chats up some of the local yard boids.

And then pauses for a photo opp with Mel Fisher, treasure hunter extraordinaire.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #101
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

We made it to the butterfly garden shortly before it closed. Pretty cool actually, I may have to install one in the castle in my spare time. Some random photos.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #102
ilmostro OP
Under Da Sea

KW is a very scooter freindly town. If you move enough of them, you can squeeze your bike into some good parking spaces. Try to spot the Boss Hoss hidden in there.

The sun was starting to se so we headed towards the boardwalk to watch the sunset. There were some buskers doing a brisk trade as well. We stopped to watch a few of them.

This was Francois and his Flying House Cats. Until Flug and Snoid start a show of their own this was easily the most messed up performance I have ever seen. The cats were cool, I can't get Desmo the Wonder Cat do do anything but sleep. The true highlight of the show was the Francois the loon. Check out his eyes in the last shot.

Some randomness...

These doods were trying to un-flood a PWC by cranking the engine with the plugs out and using a shop vac on the cylinders. I was hoping some of the gas vapours would get ig nited by a spark from the electrical motor and blow them into the water but it was not to be.

\

Sunset time.

ilmostro screwed with this post 02-24-2007 at 07:19 PM
Old 05-07-2006, 01:41 PM   #103
RedneckGirl
Cradle Robber

Oddometer: 7,191
great so far, Dave!
RedneckGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #104
Red J
Adventureless.

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmostro
These doods were trying to un-flood a PWC by cranking the engine with the plugs out and using a shop vac on the cylinders. I was hoping some of the gas vapours would get ig nited by a spark from the electrical motor and blow them into the water but it was not to be.

\
Ya ground da leads ta da engine, dood.
Red J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #105
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
So this is where it ends?

Get to it slacker!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote