Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #44971
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,403
Can someone confirm whether the FMF Powerbomb header pipe will bolt onto the Kientech-modified Two Bros mid-pipe without any messing around? I suspect the answer is probably yes, and I also assume that both OEM gaskets are used in this application (the gasket at the front of the header pipe, as well as the one where the header joins the mid-pipe)??

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
thumpididump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #44972
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasLeader View Post
Anyone have a line on cheap tires? I'm hating myself now for missing that sale on the D606's from motorcycle superstore. They still aren't that expensive, but I'm looking for something along those lines and wondering if anyone has sniffed out an even better deal. I go through rear tires pretty fast, so the cheaper the better.
www.swmototires.com...d606 rear is 69.95 shipped...no shipping charges
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #44973
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
Anyone know of a US vendor for Frame Guards. I have tried Kientech but they no longer sell the ones from B&B Off-road.
I don’t know why but my DR is getting lots of scratches in the frame area about 6 – 8 inches above the foot pegs.

I don't think anyone is importing them. You could probably order them direct from B&B.
TurboDiesel Corvette - go to the end to start at the beginning
procycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #44974
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
Can someone confirm whether the FMF Powerbomb header pipe will bolt onto the Kientech-modified Two Bros mid-pipe without any messing around? I suspect the answer is probably yes, and I also assume that both OEM gaskets are used in this application (the gasket at the front of the header pipe, as well as the one where the header joins the mid-pipe)??
The one I fitted had no coupling as such. I TIG welded a short length of tube to it to get it to line up and mate to my tail pipe.

Steve
Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #44975
PAL
Aussie ADVrider

Oddometer: 72
Frame Gaurds:

http://www.bboffroad.com.au/dr_650.htm

http://www.vincestrangmotorcycles.com.au/dr.html

Not US vendors though.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #44976
speedmaster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Thanks Procycle and Pal, I ordered a set from B&B directly.
speedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #44977
Gage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Hey guys what are the odds that i could pick up a dr 650 for around 2k? Some back in the 90s? Or is that just going to get me a POS bike?
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #44978
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by GageP View Post
Hey guys what are the odds that i could pick up a dr 650 for around 2k? Some back in the 90s? Or is that just going to get me a POS bike?
Not mine, I just did a search in the flea market.
You should be able to find plenty of DRs under 3k.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=dr650

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #44979
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofathead View Post
Hey Guys - I need new wheels bearings. Are the quality of the oem bearings worth the extra cost over the All Balls or Moose kits? Don't tell me to "just go to my local bearing shop" because I don't have one.

The cush drive bumpers are really loose too. I think I'll replace them while I have the bike apart.
From following dirt bike boards it seems lots of riders burn through "All Balls" bearings very quickly. Also, our Round The World Local DR Hero Jamin' Jay, had the All Balls bearings crap out in very short order. I think they lasted Jay only 5000 miles or so? He's gone back to OEM.

I would go with OEM bearings unless you can find quality sealed bearings like Koyo, or SKS or other Euro bearings.

Lots of guys complain about the lack of sealed ends on the DR bearings. But if you clean and grease your bearings well, they actually last well unless you ride UNDER water a lot. I'm near 40,000 miles on original, OEM bearings. All smooth, quiet. 3rd DR, no bearing problems.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #44980
jessepitt
Ride More

Oddometer: 993
Quote:

I paid $2200 for my '99 five years ago with very low miles. I got thirty thousand hassle free miles out of it.
jessepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #44981
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromsf View Post
I think I've seen others post about DR specific items they have for sale in the Flea Market here. If its OK I'll post the link here once. If its not OK I will delete.

I've got a set of lightly used Dirt-Bagz and DR mounting racks for sale here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658974

Thanks.
Is the flat black panel to prevent the bag burning? The left side rack may not protect the bag once its fully stuffed with heavy stuff. Did you side panel ever melt? Bags OK? Good luck with sale.
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #44982
jessepitt
Ride More

Oddometer: 993
no balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
From following dirt bike boards it seems lots of riders burn through "All Balls" bearings very quickly. Also, our Round The World Local DR Hero Jamin' Jay, had the All Balls bearings crap out in very short order. I think they lasted Jay only 5000 miles or so? He's gone back to OEM.

I would go with OEM bearings unless you can find quality sealed bearings like Koyo, or SKS or other Euro bearings.

Lots of guys complain about the lack of sealed ends on the DR bearings. But if you clean and grease your bearings well, they actually last well unless you ride UNDER water a lot. I'm near 40,000 miles on original, OEM bearings. All smooth, quiet. 3rd DR, no bearing problems.
I went through a set of all balls rear wheel bearings in about 8k miles. I still have the stockers in the front with 34,000 on 'em.
jessepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #44983
BugsInMyTeeth
zOOk farmer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
keep looking. I got lucky and stole my 98 for $1k flat. All I have done except for regular maintenance and the occasional farkle is install the starter kick-back gear.

They ARE out there
'90 DR250
'00 LT-F300F KingQuad
BugsInMyTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #44984
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post

You're almost making me glad my 09 DR was stolen since "all balls" were one of the improvements I mad in the steering, and wheels.
F.W.I.W. I hope the wheels lock up on the C@*k sucking thief!....just thinking about that makes me feel better. THANKS!
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #44985
gplassm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
I bought my 1996 model last fall, with only 3000 miles on it, for $1500. I thought that was a fair deal for both parties. It is bone stock, and very pretty, although the color scheme is a bit "loud" for my tastes. It had not been ridden off road at all, so it still looks very close to new. I would look for the nicest one you can find, from 1996-up. At worst, you will have to do the starter gear fix (1998-2000?), and maybe a base gasket replacement (1996-1998?), but mine has been holding just fine.