Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #56356
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeda View Post
Ok Ok, Do I have to look at every page, or is there another way?
I wish I was a smart ass.
sorry, i assumed you knew about the "search" link at the top of the page. no ill-will intended...

anyway, i am glad you found it!

doug s.
doug s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #56357
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrek View Post
Thanks for the responses :)
doug s.: I weight 80kg net ;) but with the whole stuff it will be sth around 86kg or more. 2 months ago I changed spring on higher and changed oil inside shock, but thanks user B1 who gave me this http://www.procycle.us/info/guides/d...ock-build.html I will do it in near future :)
TrophyHunter: your solution is to expensive for me :) Now I want to ride adventure style. Look what I have done 1,5 month ago.
ouch - it hurts simply looking at that pic of your leg!

i am a bit confused about your remark that trophyhunter's solution is too expensive - it's pretty-much the same one in the procycle link. the rear shock is also on my "to-do" list for my bike. and unless you get lucky and find a used one, (extremely unlikely, as most folks do not remove these, once installed), you are looking at a minimum of ~$300usd, for a complete rebuild.

another option, tho a little more expensive, would be a hagon shock. i have read good things about them, and they will be plug-n-play, which means no issues w/removing your shock and having to work on it, or having it sent out for someone else to work on it. in the usa, you can get a hagon ready to go for the dr650 for ~$400 usd. as hagon is a uk company, i can't imagine it would be any more expensive in poland. i would strongly consider it myself, but i have already purchased a used stock shock, (before i heard about the hagon's), which i will send to cogent dynamics (in the usa), for a rebuild, which will cost me ~$300...

heal well!

doug s.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #56358
Paddle007
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
KXF 250 Forks?

I'm ready for a suspension upgrade. I'm already running Ricor inserts and Eibach springs in my forks but am wanting more. As I explore more single track riding I'm finding I need something different. I have an opportunity to buy a complete 2005 KXF 250 setup minus the brake caliper. It's all stock. How does this unit compare to other fork swaps? I'm not a big air rider but am looking to smooth out some of the rough stuff and not hit ledges so hard.

Paddle007 screwed with this post 11-03-2011 at 11:06 AM
Paddle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #56359
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeda View Post
Hi All,
I know the info I want would be somewhere on this thread, but its too big to search.
Can anyone tell me if the Jetson CZR muffler is any good, and how much I should expect to pay for one?
Thanks.
i'd say the new DG muffler might be a better deal on low cost pipe options.
you can also quite it down w/ factory inserts.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #56360
jedrek
n00b

Oddometer: 3
doug s. firsty I want to take apart the shock and clean it inside etc change oil and I will see how it wil be working during my calm adventure riding ;) I have many things to do with DR for example tank for bigger but it is also very expensive 500, cheaper solution: take the fuell tank from RSE - 20l.
I decided to upgrade the DR instead of buying yamaha xt660z tenere.
jedrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #56361
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrek View Post
doug s. firsty I want to take apart the shock and clean it inside etc change oil and I will see how it wil be working during my calm adventure riding ;) I have many things to do with DR for example tank for bigger but it is also very expensive 500, cheaper solution: take the fuell tank from RSE - 20l.
I decided to upgrade the DR instead of buying yamaha xt660z tenere.
regarding gas tanks, in america, you can get a 4.9 gallon (18.55l) ims tank for ~$250usd delivered. even w/extra shipping costs to poland, i am sure you can get one for 250, maximum.

best,

doug s.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #56362
LucasLeader
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle007 View Post
I'm ready for a suspension upgrade. I'm already running Ricor inserts and Eibach springs in my forks but am wanting more. As I explore more single track riding I'm finding I need something different. I have an opportunity to buy a complete 2005 KXF 250 setup minus the brake caliper. It's all stock. How does this unit compare to other fork swaps? I'm not a big air rider but am looking to smooth out some of the rough stuff and not hit ledges so hard.
http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconvertion

Really handy list here. All of the bearings listed have the same outer diameter, so they should bolt right up assuming the stem length is close enough. I think what some have done if the new stem is a little longer is just make a little spacer. I missed a good deal on a 2007 RMZ450 front end when I was still on the fence about swapping front ends. After blowing a fork seal and almost getting bucked of my bike on my first single track trip I've been watching ebay waiting for another good deal to pop up.
LucasLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #56363
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Hey Steve, how did the trip go?

I haven't played with the DR much in recent months. Bought a F800GS and proceeded to modify the daylights out of it (spend lots of coin, but very nice).

Now I have to take the wife with me when I trail ride. D'OH! Put some 20,000kms on the BMW in about 6 months now.

The local BMW lads are mortified that I go where I go, let alone with a pillion (the same sort of places we ride basically).

I have 2 DRs now, fully operational and totally modified, one for trail biking and one for Adventuring. 3 sets of wheels for the DRs, dirt, road, and dual sport, working on some wide 17inch front and rear combos for Motard. A couple of FZR250s for track bike builds as well (shits and giggles).

I'm using my sons ZX6 for the daily commute. Heaps quicker getting to work on that. 1st to 2nd at 16000 rpm is the jump to Hyperspace on that toy.

All my kids have left home.

Wife got a payout from her old job, got a much better one, told me I should stop working and play with my bikes.

Pinch me.

I'm living the dream.
Hi Snowy,

Good to hear from you.

You are living the dream. I thought I was, but the old body reminds me that my best days are over.

The trip went well, with a few hiccups like a blown clutch. Some pics and a bit of a ride report are in the last few pages of my build thread, linked below.

Did a Flinders trip for the TK ride in August and banged up a foot and cracked a rib when the twin track I was on dog legged to the right. The lead rider negelected to put a corner man out, and I missed the 50 m single track parallel to the fence. Hence the bike in front was on the same track I was, except I hadn't seen him turn off. As I aimed between 2 star pickets I realized there was wire strung between them. Too late, ouch. Foot should be good by Christmas. Still rode 2,800 kms home via CC after. Couldn't stand or use the back brake, and the biggest problem each day was getting the boot on and off. Shit happens.

Back to the Flinders in April 2012 for Flinders V and ride the good stuff I couldn't last time.

I'm heading out right now, off the Braidwood for lunch via Badja Fire Trail and home via Tallaganda, Anembo Road and Inaloy FT.

Ride sometime, pm me.

Steve
Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #56364
MountaineerWV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Superficial or Sinister

I'm in Guatemala and prepping for the last push to Panama before the Stahlratte departs. As I was washing/inspecting my bike, I noticed this on the shifter side of the engine case.

Prior to today, I did not notice any such cracking so it could be new, but not necessarily so. Is this a game ender? Should I start looking for a new lower end or is this just some normal shit that happens in high heat/stress areas on the DR?
US Army 2006-2011; Ansbach, Germany 2007-2011; Iraq 07-08 & 09-10
MountaineerWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #56365
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyWV View Post
I'm in Guatemala and prepping for the last push to Panama before the Stahlratte departs. As I was washing/inspecting my bike, I noticed this on the shifter side of the engine case.

Prior to today, I did not notice any such cracking so it could be new, but not necessarily so. Is this a game ender? Should I start looking for a new lower end or is this just some normal shit that happens in high heat/stress areas on the DR?
Mine has the same thing in the same place and has always been there. I think it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Under construction

Al Tuna screwed with this post 11-03-2011 at 03:44 PM
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #56366
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Mine has the same thing in the same place and has always been there. I think it's normal an nothing to worry about.
Mine has them too.
ChromeSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #56367
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,450
Yep, normal as far as I can tell.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #56368
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyWV View Post

Just casting marks. Nothing to worry about.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #56369
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
if they were cracks they would be oily as hell , use baby powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
Just casting marks. Nothing to worry about.
"
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #56370
MountaineerWV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Thanks everyone. Huge load off my mind. Much appreciated.
US Army 2006-2011; Ansbach, Germany 2007-2011; Iraq 07-08 & 09-10
MountaineerWV is offline   Reply With Quote