Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #58861
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E Ahnung View Post
I ordered one from this place after reading about it on drriders.com (after scouring craigslist and ebay for a few months):

"For those looking for this pipe, here is a source that claims to be able to get them with realitive ease. It's where I got mine for $75 plus shipping.

M.I.D.S. Cycle Salvage
Sumter, SC
803-773-3535
ask for Shane

I have no connection to them other then the fact it's where I found mine. Just thought it might help anyone out that has been looking.

Dan"

http://drriders.com/topic2998.html

Shane was the one that answered when I called, and he seemed to have no shortage of those mufflers. He was aware that DR650 owners are looking for them, too.

Good luck -- I hope you find one!
Thanks alot for your input!

Still finding...
The drriders.com doesnt have one for sale!
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #58862
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,700
Nat,

I think Ken was suggesting you call Shane at M.I.D.S. Cycle Savage.

Sarah
greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #58863
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by greer View Post
Nat,

I think Ken was suggesting you call Shane at M.I.D.S. Cycle Savage.

Sarah
Hi Sarah!
I know that, but I'm not based in the USA...
Not too familiar on making overseas call!

If there were some sort of email link, maybe it will help... hmmm
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #58864
greer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,700
Oh heck, sorry about that; fill out your profile!

Sarah

http://www.midscyclesalvage.com/
greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #58865
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I just don't know how some of you guys do it. I mean I don't even get 3.5K miles out of a Pilot Road on my Strom. Never come close to 3K on ANY 50/50 dual sport tire I've ever tried. Never got 1.5K out of any knobbie. Now I just picked up a DR and even if I can get twice the milage on it that I get out of a tire on my 690 or my 450 EXC that still won't even come anywhere close to what you're getting
I get 1000-200miles from a rear knobby on my DR and about 2000 from the front. I run a Kenda 130/90-17 rear TrakMaster II and on the front a tire I feel no one seems to know about, but fantastic in the real slimy going: a Bridgestone ED-03
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #58866
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,166
Hey Russ..Can you or anybody..tell me if a smaller tail light will fit right into my stock fender..My blinkers or what is left of them need to be replaced ..is this stuff just plug and go..?...Getting reafy to go through the DR..been a loong season for that bike..
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #58867
Bronco638
Nobody Home

Oddometer: 3,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han
Anyone knows of anywhere that i can find a used GSXR1k Muffler?
Tried Ebay but couldnt find anything there...
I know of one for sale on Craigslist. It's in Kenosha Wisconsin. I'll be in Kenosha Saturday morning for another reason. Here's the LINK. I think the asking price is a little high and there is some discussion, on DRRiders, that it may not be the 040 (titanium) version. However, the seller isn't sure of the model year. I could check it out to see what it really is. Perhaps the seller would take less since it still seems to be available. Let me know.

Andy holds the lead. And he will, all the way to the Highway. Today is his day.
Bronco638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #58868
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-ktm View Post
Hey Russ..Can you or anybody..tell me if a smaller tail light will fit right into my stock fender..My blinkers or what is left of them need to be replaced ..is this stuff just plug and go..?...Getting reafy to go through the DR..been a loong season for that bike..
Check here:
http://www.kientech.com/DRZ250DR650TailLightConv.htm

This bolts right on using the same holes and wiring. It's form a DRZ250.
It's what I have. On mine, I still have the stock plate holder/plate light.

Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #58869
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,350
Here's a pic with the smaller tail light, from Procycle. Also, smaller turn signals and the original license plate bracket.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #58870
causef0rconcern
Rift Explorer

Oddometer: 227
Hey all, suspension question real quick...

I'm about to order a front end "solution kit" from the trusty folks at Procycle. I'm not sure whether I should order straight rate springs or progressive. The fellow at the company recommended .6 or .7 straight rates, based on the information given to him: I'm about 170lbs, I ride very aggressively on and off road, and I often have two panniers FULL of crap.

My question is: Will the straight rates be punishing on pavement in the city? I'm usually told progressive is the way to go. I'm just kind of braindead/ignorant when it comes to suspension, so I'm not fully aware of what I'll be sacrificing/gaining by choosing whichever spring.

For reference, the front suspension is stock on a 2009 with 16k miles. I'm tired of bottoming out off-road...thats the biggest problem. I had a umm...minor engine problem due to that early on in the bikes life. Word to the wise - Make sure you use the proper bolts to attach your skidplates. If you put in the wrong ones, and they are a thread too long, and you bottom out over and over again on a dual sport trip 2000 miles from home, the bolt will punch a hole in your case...

Quicksteel. Trailside fix. 13,000 miles later, I don't lose a DROP of oil from the patch.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #58871
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post

I'm about to order a front end "solution kit" from the trusty folks at Procycle. I'm not sure whether I should order straight rate springs or progressive. The fellow at the company recommended .6 or .7 straight rates, based on the information given to him: I'm about 170lbs, I ride very aggressively on and off road, and I often have two panniers FULL of crap.

My question is: Will the straight rates be punishing on pavement in the city? I'm usually told progressive is the way to go. I'm just kind of braindead/ignorant when it comes to suspension, so I'm not fully aware of what I'll be sacrificing/gaining by choosing whichever spring.

For reference, the front suspension is stock on a 2009 with 16k miles. I'm tired of bottoming out off-road...thats the biggest problem. I had a umm...minor engine problem due to that early on in the bikes life. Word to the wise - Make sure you use the proper bolts to attach your skidplates. If you put in the wrong ones, and they are a thread too long, and you bottom out over and over again on a dual sport trip 2000 miles from home, the bolt will punch a hole in your case...

Quicksteel. Trailside fix. 13,000 miles later, I don't lose a DROP of oil from the patch.
Per a recommendation from ProCycle I went with straight rate springs - I don much more street than dirt and I love the front end feel on the street. Also have Intiminators and a Wilber's rear shock. Note that straight rate springs were NOT recommended with the Intiminators but I found there was still too much initial compliance. Anyway I love my current combination for street riding.
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #58872
doug s.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han View Post
Hi Sarah!
I know that, but I'm not based in the USA...
Not too familiar on making overseas call!

If there were some sort of email link, maybe it will help... hmmm
suck it up and pay the $125 for this tsukigi aluminum can:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290574579577
or email the seller to see if he will work out a better deal for you - it's been f/a for a few months... i got a titanium iteration and it's a great muffler...

doug s.
doug s. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #58873
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,122
PC Solution Kits - .50 straight rate with emulators, 8.3 with Gold Valve. 240 lbs riding, moderately aggressive offroad. Great handling & no bottoming.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #58874
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
If you ride agressively off road the progressive springs will not be enough. They're great for on-road comfort for easy to moderate riding. Once you start hammering on it you need something stiffer.
Quote:

TurboDiesel Corvette - go to the end to start at the beginning
procycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #58875
ct-ktm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,166
Quote:

Damm I now know this happened to another Dr....I will never have a bolt holdoing that part of my shidplate on the bike again.I have used zipties for the back for a while now.. I even had washers to keep the end form sticking out..there is just not enough clearence..
ct-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote