Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #60676
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjustj View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details let me know if it opens for you!

this one also has clear under spot for plate illumination kapsco

Custom Motorcycle LED Rear Tail Light with Integrated Brake Light and License Plate Bracket Universal Custom Fit Taillight Fendor Eliminator - Will Fit to Any Bike, Sport Bike, Harley, or Chopper Harley Davidsons, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki Cruisers and Sport Bikes
by KapscoMoto
Do you have a pic of it on yet? Wanna pull the trigger on it, but would like to see it on first. Bought a Motomule Trailer from Mrbracket (Mike) here in Springfield. Need to eliminate the extra fender extender thingy, (Sorry don't know what it's called real name), on my DR. The trailer will work with it on there, but only lifts 3 feet off ground, then hits fender. This is the cheapest option I've seen.

Me and bike are 4th pic down on this link. The trailer is frickin schweet. Got a 3 week Colorado trip planned in July and I can even carry Ice for drinks in the trailer.

http://www.moto-mule.com/trailers-customerpics.html

Thanks John

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #60677
ram1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrMnnn View Post
I couldn't get my R1 throttle tube to work like I wanted it to, so I decided to modify the stock DR tube.

Pics and description here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768574
The rmz 250 tube works as a quick throttle. Just carve the stop block back to allowfull throttle
Old 02-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #60678
KaceCoyote
Pass the queer more beer

Oddometer: 5,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilaction View Post
As has been said its the Rally Raid unit from the UK.
A bunch of us here in Aus got together and they did a special order in white. Price delivered was about 120 Aus dollars I think.
I believe its reasonably straight forward to fit it to a DR keeping the stock light and brackets.

I decided to pimp it up and go for twin lights which are just 70mm lights I bought at a local auto store.
Holy shit so it uses the DR mounting hardware out of the box? What else did you tweak to make it fit? How do you like it?
Everybody talk to them end up in some danger
-MF Doom, Strange ways
KaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #60679
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 8,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post

Nice work

That's worthwhile just for relocating the turnsig indicator. I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself riding along with a turnsig flashing for no reason. (real reason is I forgot to cancel it) If I could see the indicator (not possible in the stock location) it wouldn't happen as long. I try to not use my signals for that very reason. What's the 10.2 readout about?
Member of: AMA, NETRA, Blue Ribbon Coalition, CCCofVT, Berkshire TR, CT Ramblers

Rusty Rocket screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 01:05 PM
Rusty Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #60680
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post
What's the 10.2 readout about?
Boost pressure.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #60681
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Boost pressure.

Very slick, MacG
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #60682
ADV8
Taumarunui..Darwin..

Oddometer: 2,112
Can the brake line move with suspension travel ?
Just moved out of the way for the pic maybe.

ADV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #60683
poppawheelie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
seat removal/ swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
I wish I had extra seat hardware so I could swap back and forth more easily, and do a more thorough comparison. It's nice having 2 seats in case I decide to get a Seat Concepts.
Brackets and rubber bumpers will cost $35 ~ $40 from Suzuki dealer, as best as I can remember. Yes, it's nice to be able to swap seats quick & easy.
To remove seat without removing side panels, I drill large holes ( 1 inch?) in the side panels over the area of the seat bolts. I carry the little Cruz Tool in my kit. A Cruz Tool socket with some poster-tack stuck in it to hold the bolt from dropping into some infinite cavity where you'll never find it, reaches in there to tighten or loosen the seat. Bingo. It's nice to be able to access the battery, etc., trail-side without removing the side panels.
I like what BergDonk did with extended bolts. "I made up some long bolts that go through the sidecovers. Means the seat comes on and off without anything else being touched. They do double duty as a mounting point for my occasional water carriers." A long bolt with tubing-as- spacer would do it, make it even easier to get the bolt on/off, could double as a bungie strap anchor.

"It's not the destination. It's the journey." Me
poppawheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #60684
neilaction
Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer: 6,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaceCoyote View Post
Holy shit so it uses the DR mounting hardware out of the box? What else did you tweak to make it fit? How do you like it?
I believe Yes, the screen will mount to the existing hardware easily. You have to make up a small bracket for the bottom mount. It comes without any holes or a cut out for the headlight so there is a bit of drilling etc to do. But that's not what I did.

Here's a look at the brackets I used.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #60685
MacG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Thanks for the kind words. The windscreen is an elcheapo for an FZ1 I got from HERE If you use the code D2M2008 it knocks 15% off the price. It was about $20 on special when I got mine but has gone up some,still not too bad. I wanted something cheap to replace when it broke,but it has held up well. I'm about 6' and with the spacers it puts the air pressure at my chinbar at highway speeds.Kinda cheesy looking but it does the job of keeping the air pressure off my chest. Here are more pics of the screen and the spacers I made to mount it.

The readout is a Cyclemax volt meter HERE (low reading is from engine not on for clearer pic).

ADV8, you are right,I moved the brake line to get a clear pic. It's tucked under my GPS mount.

MacG screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 02:23 PM
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #60686
bkoz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
Just bought a Laminar Lip 'B-King' windscreen from Procycle to replace my Parabellum 25" (or compliment it). The Parabellum is really nice, but way tall, and I thought I wouldn't mind looking through the screen but I do. I read other reviews that the lip puts clean air on the helmet and removes the wind pressure from the chest, hopefully this remains true for my 5'8" frame. I've tried so many shields so far, and just cant find the right one. So far I've had:

A cheapo eBay scooter shield- good protection, vibrated the bars a lot;

the dual sport shield from procycle (in various positions), too much helmet buffet, no protection;

spitfire (in various positions), too much helmet buffet, no protection;

23" parabellum, good except got some nasty buffeting on my helmet at highway speed. and finally;

25" parabellum- fine other then looking through it annoys me, and it looks dumb being as big as it is.

I'm tired of searching
At 6', 34" inseam I am very happy with Laminar screen. I used duct tape for test running and bolted the screen in place with rubber grommets. I didn't trust the velcro to hold up against tree branches etc.
bkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #60687
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,813
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words.
Hey MacG...that is a nice setup...you don't happen to have a template for that dash do ya?
1992 TDM850 - "Ginger" & 1993 TDM850 - "Raven"
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #60688
MacG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
Hey MacG...that is a nice setup...you don't happen to have a template for that dash do ya?
Sorry but I think it got pitched. I just took a piece of cardboard and scissors and ended up with that. If it would help,I can email more detailed pics that might show more.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #60689
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
I think it looks good on the white headlight. Nice looking bike. How do you like the lights mounted on the hand guards? Did you make the brackets? They look nice.
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. The windscreen is an elcheapo for an FZ1 I got from HERE If you use the code D2M2008 it knocks 15% off the price. It was about $20 on special when I got mine but has gone up some,still not too bad. I wanted something cheap to replace when it broke,but it has held up well. I'm about 6' and with the spacers it puts the air pressure at my chinbar at highway speeds.Kinda cheesy looking but it does the job of keeping the air pressure off my chest. Here are more pics of the screen and the spacers I made to mount it.

The readout is a Cyclemax volt meter HERE (low reading is from engine not on for clearer pic).

ADV8, you are right,I moved the brake line to get a clear pic. It's tucked under my GPS mount.
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #60690
Harpua
formerly josdavlar

Oddometer: 166
Rally Raid Fairing Kit

Are mine eyes deceiving me?

Rally Raid Fairing Kit

After the currency conversion... $1671???

That's almost what I paid for my bike!

Harpua is offline   Reply With Quote