Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #62851
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibis View Post
Wow, looks like the slid that one across the warehouse,,,,, Hey Billy, yeah, here catch this...... opps, oh well, the customer won't notice or care.

Sad but you're probably right. I think most riders that take pride in their machines consider the fuel tank to be the center of attention when looking at their bike or even others bikes. Of all the aftermarket large capacity tanks there is always some discussion about how they look on the bike. Most riders feel bad when they go down or somehow damage their tanks. To have a new unit delivered in this condition says a lot about the manufacturer and the pride they take in their products. Maybe I'm just more particular than most. Accepting merchandise like this gives them no reason to change anything. I've got Coleman water jugs that have a better finish and zero flaws.

Tech23

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #62852
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsOnMyBoard View Post
Jeez, they could just offer seconds at a reduced price and keep everyone happy. Its not so much the cosmetic stuff, but the reports of leaking tanks that irks me.

Combined with the poor quality petcocks, high price tag and the need to need to tweak my carb inlet to get all the fuel out has me thinking I may get by with the 20L Acerbis.
I agree, I'd take a factory 2nd with those defects for $450 and be satisfied. But if you're going to charge a premium price, yuo should deliver a premium product.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #62853
notarat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
I see the 6.6gal Acerbis (new) for sale on Amazon for $299. That seems like a pretty good price for a new one.

I would pounce on it but that just seems like a lot of weight to be carrying up high for me, personally. Of course, I'm still very new to my DR so I'm sure once I get used to it I may look into buying one of these again.

I think my next set of purchases will be suspension-related.
notarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #62854
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 7,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
Most likely filing unnecessary paypal disputes without trying to resolve issues first, which locks up Procycle's paypal account and any funds in it.
You young guys and your technology.

I never had a paypal account. Never even been to FaceBook and this new ad on TV touting the AT&T feed that allows you to have the TV anywhere in the house. I've had that all my life, it's called an antenna. Yep, I don't have cable. When I finally got the Internet in late 2005, I sent an email to my sister declaring that I was "on", she emailed me back saying "welcome to the '90's" That's why I like my DR650 so much, reminds me of the good ole days, but with electronic ignition (we use to have points for the young'uns) and better brakes.

Frank: what the hell is tapatalk?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #62855
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarat View Post
I see the 6.6gal Acerbis (new) for sale on Amazon for $299. That seems like a pretty good price for a new one.

I would pounce on it but that just seems like a lot of weight to be carrying up high for me, personally. Of course, I'm still very new to my DR so I'm sure once I get used to it I may look into buying one of these again.
Whoever is posting that on Amazon hasn't got the message that the Acerbis tank is 5.3 gallons - not 6.6. And you can get them for $269 from better informed sources.
TurboDiesel Corvette - go to the end to start at the beginning
procycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #62856
Tech23
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by procycle View Post
Whoever is posting that on Amazon hasn't got the message that the Acerbis tank is 5.3 gallons - not 6.6. And you can get them for $269 from better informed sources.
If or when they become available in blue are you going to have a picture of the blue tank on your web site?

Tech23

2000 Harley Davidson FXDWG
2011 Victory Cross Country
Tech23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #62857
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech23 View Post
If or when they become available in blue are you going to have a picture of the blue tank on your web site?

Tech23
Eventually. It's unlikely we'll be able to get that done right away. New photos of different color tanks may have to be put off until we get to the other side of our busy season. The whole crew is running wide open throttle these days just to handle orders. Hopefully we'll get some breathing room this fall.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #62858
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 8,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket View Post

Frank: what the hell is tapatalk?
Lol! Walter Barlow showed me what it is and how to use it!
But I like the dr for the same reasons. Air cooled simplicity, carb'd, farkles like bar b q racks (lets see Touratech stoop to that level and still charge 1% kinda money lol), ride her hard, put her away wet and she doesnt complain.
Whats not to like?
Walter tells me "hey 1996 called they wamt their bike back". Then asks me if i can replace his ktm water pump! ha! Lol
And i will because he is a true gent and friend.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #62859
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by notarat View Post
That one on Amazon & also on ebay is for 92 - 95 only. Many mods to be done but it can be fit up to '96 and later. PC sells 'em too. There are threads around on the mods needed. I almost went for it once so I was pretty happy for the (potential) '96 and later 6.6. Ah well. I haven't been stuck anywhere runnin' the IMS and do have a 1.5 gal Kolpin - surprisingly from PC in case I need the extra.

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...

TrophyHunter screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 08:30 AM
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #62860
zdiver1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Thumb It is on the way boys!

Just got home from work and logged on to my Email and!Your order has been shipped to you on 04/13/2012 via USPS Parcel Post.
MODEL NO. QTY CHARGE DESCRIPTION
Shiped Acerbis 5.3gal Tank 96-up DR650 - White
zdiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #62861
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Didn't Acerbis make a big tank for the Pre 1996 DR650? Perhaps that is what is advertised on Amazon?
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #62862
zdiver1
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Tech23;18448227]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post

Black looks real good, I'm sure you will agree. I like how stock they look. If you go to Galfers web site you can see all the colors they come in, and I believe colors are no extra charge, just have to specify what color you want. If Pro Cycle orders them direct from Galfer I would imagine they could get any color as well. They originally sent me clear covered braided SS hoses....I specified Black Galfers when I ordered so PC took care of it for me. I can tell you from experience out here in the AZ sun, the clear covering turns yellow/brown after a little while in the sun.

Tech23
I really like the black, the reason scuba diving wet suits and BCD( that is the vest that holds the tank and you put air in it to control your buoyancy ) are black is it lasts longer in the salt water and sun.

I think Jeff at PC needs to put a better picture on the site! I was not
expecting this high of a quality set of SS brake lines from the online photo so when I got the lines I was very surprised.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #62863
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Didn't Acerbis make a big tank for the Pre 1996 DR650? Perhaps that is what is advertised on Amazon?
Yes they still make them. The original poster referred to it as the "new" Acerbis tank. I just wanted to let him know the facts.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #62864
zdiver1
Gnarly Adventurer

PC check it out.

Quote:
Yes they still make them. The original poster referred to it as the "new" Acerbis tank. I just wanted to let him know the facts.
Jeff did you see this post from me.
I think Jeff at PC needs to put a better picture on the site! I was not
expecting this high of a quality set of SS brake lines from the online photo so when I got the lines I was very surprised.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #62865
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 7,808
It ain't rocket science, but I was working on the bike tonite and had an idea. I wrote my phone # on the inside of the side panels. Those suckers are $$$$$.