Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #65506
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,027
Pm'd Bill,
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
thought i'd post this directly in our own thread.

-wolfman generation 2 racks
-expedition dry saddle bags
-optional inner stuff sacks

for sale as package. brand new in box.
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...ddle_bags.html
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Access...tuff_sack.html
whole package shipped to you for $400

pm me for pics

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #65507
rockard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo View Post
Nice bike! What forks? What's the blue thing under the gas tank?

-- alonzo
Forks? CR250
Blue thing under de gas tank? aluminium oil cooler
rockard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #65508
opium89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
OPIUM89, I have the Procycle solid lowered pegs, I can see not difference in vibration from stock,and really like the wider, lower factors. I am glad I went to them.
Any suggestions for a little bigger rear brake lever? I know the one on my bike currently is bent, which is making it difficult to use, but I wouldn't mind replacing it with something that had just a little more meat on it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #65509
rockard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrophyHunter View Post
Very nice! I can't tell but did you eliminate the oil cooler or reroute things?
it broke my oem oil cooler and replace it with an aftermarket one
rockard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #65510
froggy68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaped View Post
Yes the stock carb is lean from the factory.

The general basic upgrade path is (dramatic performance improvement and you will lose a few MPG):

Modify air box
Upgrade air filter
Install jet kit
Install extended fuel screw
Grind header weld
install lighter, better flowing muffler

Instead of jet kit many replace stock carb with a Mikuni TM40 pumper carb ($450)
Thanks for the information. I really don't want to change anything but the ac filter and the exhaust, but if it requires all the other modifications I will just stick with what I have (stock form). Don't really want to lose mpg and not really into more horsepower, just into reliability and low maintenance. Doubt that I will be off road much and will stay mostly on slab. Thanks again for the reply.l
froggy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #65511
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
impact
Rather than building a tool or using just the impact wrench, could I just go out and get me one inch by one inch piece of steel that is 2 feet long? I think I read somewhere that the bolt holding the Damper is a 1 inch Allen.
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #65512
froggy68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Yes, the DR is quite LEAN from the factory. But it's OK lean ... but don't go too far. You're right, the K&N flows more air ... it also flows quite a bit of dirt. I would not use off road unless you fit and slip over washable cover.
I run a Twin-Air. Flow well, no dirt goes into motor.

With the pipe and K&N I would go up maybe one jet size. Stock is 140
(or is it 142 ?). If 140, go to 145. You could pay and get a dyno check or do an old school plug read (before and after).
Sounds like an easy fix for lean condition when adding hi flow ac and hp muffler. Don't want to lose mpg and not that interested in increased horse power. Just looking for reliability and low maintenance, lighter muffler and better breathing. Will not be doing much dirt riding other than a few flat unpaved roads up in SW Colorado this coming August.

Thanks for the information.
froggy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #65513
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy One View Post
I recently installed the Pro-Cycle jet kit in my stock '09 DR650 and want to know if the pilot jet should also be changed.

I read through the BST40 Bible thread and it says that the pilot jet should be increased from the stock 145 to 147.5 if running a cut air box and aftermarket exhaust. The Pro-Cycle kit did not include this.

Is this the part I need? http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/MIKUN...__P2617C26.cfm

Also, I seem to have misplaced my instructions for the Pro-Cycle jet kit. Could someone scan them and post 'em for me? I just really need to double check a few things. The bike runs pretty well but does have a little surge at 55-65 mph and an annoying tendancy to want to stall (just above idle) when warm. Thanks!
The BST Bible is for the KTM version. The DR650 works best with a stock pilot jet. Your numbers are for main jets. I think the pilot jet is a 42.5 if I remember right.

Raise your idle up for the stalling issue. You may need to back off the pilot screw a bit too.

With the needle at 4 my bike ran fine with no surging above 45 mph. You did not just remove the air box cover did you? The box needs to be opened properly.

Make sure the hose routing is good, the secondary filter is clean etc.

The opened up DR650 needs a Mikuni 150 main at least, with exhaust.

Sent from my GT-S5690L using Tapatalk 2
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #65514
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
Rather than building a tool or using just the impact wrench, could I just go out and get me one inch by one inch piece of steel that is 2 feet long? I think I read somewhere that the bolt holding the Damper is a 1 inch Allen.

A piece of 1 inch square tubing works perfect for holding the damper rod while you loosen/tighten the bolt.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #65515
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,023
[QUOTE=Snowy;18848367] Is that like a rule, or some sort of pissing match? QUOTE]

It's a picture thread of skidplates doing their job.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #65516
Ride-til-sore!
still 20 in-my-mind

Oddometer: 380
Second guessing my seat choice?

Well I put on a new Seat Concepts seat and if feels great compared to the stock one when starting out on a long ride but an hour or two on it my butt seems to be hurting as much as my old Gel seat with a Walmart cover on it? Now what? Is it to soft or what? If I throw another pad on top of it I may not be reaching the ground! I have been riding bikes for years so it's not like my butt is that out of shape but I'm not Dolph Lundgren either!
When I first got this seat I thought that I had found my long ride answer. It is great for short rides but no better on long ones! Suggestion?
Ride-til-sore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #65517
sagedrifter
Southern Explorer

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride-til-sore! View Post
Well I put on a new Seat Concepts seat and if feels great compared to the stock one when starting out on a long ride but an hour or two on it my butt seems to be hurting as much as my old Gel seat with a Walmart cover on it? Now what? Is it to soft or what? If I throw another pad on top of it I may not be reaching the ground! I have been riding bikes for years so it's not like my butt is that out of shape but I'm not Dolph Lundgren either!
When I first got this seat I thought that I had found my long ride answer. It is great for short rides but no better on long ones! Suggestion?
Any saddle will need time for your rear to settle in. Just switching between bikes with great seats takes me a while to feel good again. Give it a few rides and allow your muscles to adapt.

Sent from my GT-S5690L using Tapatalk 2
sagedrifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #65518
suguzzi
Greybeard

Oddometer: 37
Corbin

Quote:
I have a Seat Concept on my DRZ and found the same issue as you are having, but I have a Corbin on my DR and do not even think about the seat. I have done 550+ mile days without any problems. Even though they are heavy and a bit pricey it is well worth it IMHO.
suguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #65519
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 858
Quote:
Try a firmer foam.

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #65520
carcajou
Resourceful Weasel

Oddometer: 99
Need a Part Pronto

Hello Fellow Inmates
I was installing a FMF Q4 Exhaust upgrade, and have bungled the connector between the mid pipe and the header pipe. Non of the local dealers or online dealers have it in stock and it looks to be a 10 day wait for the pipe. I will be out of state for the rest of the month and am planning to depart July 1st to ride the Continental Divide Trail north to south. I kinda wanted to have the DR back together by this weekend instead of getting back from my trip throwing the bike back together and taking off. The part is a stock part for my 2009 DR 650 part number 1053526 and is called Connector, MUF
So does anyone know where one is in stock I can have rapid shipped to my house or does anyone know a substitute? It really is the gasket between the midpipe and the header pipe so there is not an exhaust leak. Thanks Roger