ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #69271
TrophyHunter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 1,826
dogjaw - the set I borrowed had the Pirelli Scorpion as pictured above. When I get my 19, I'll put a 705 on it since I already have an extra stock rear with one mounted up.

I see you had the same reaction I did.
__________________
www.dualsportmoto.com
2005 DR650 2003 DRZ-250
2013 HD Road King

"It's a small amount of gas, but it represents a long walk" My Dad...
TrophyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #69272
neo1piv014
ADV in training
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 618
So after what feels like a year without my bike running, I finally got the last bits bolted onto the bike this evening with the help of my old riding buddy. She grumbled for a second and then fired right up like nothing had ever happened. I think it might have even sounded a wee bit better than before because of the fresh oil and slightly cleaned carb. Massive thanks to everyone on here who helped me diagnose the issue and helped me sort out fixing it. Also, huge thanks to Procycle for helping me source the parts. Now...back to farkling.
__________________
_________________________
Ride videos
'01 DR650
"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
neo1piv014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #69273
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1piv014 View Post
So after what feels like a year without my bike running, I finally got the last bits bolted onto the bike this evening with the help of my old riding buddy. She grumbled for a second and then fired right up like nothing had ever happened. I think it might have even sounded a wee bit better than before because of the fresh oil and slightly cleaned carb. Massive thanks to everyone on here who helped me diagnose the issue and helped me sort out fixing it. Also, huge thanks to Procycle for helping me source the parts. Now...back to farkling.
congrats!
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #69274
iamjacksmotorcycle
rambler/gambler
 
iamjacksmotorcycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 10
Fork Spring

Can one of you more knowledgeable inmates tell from the photos if what ive got here? are these stock springs or are they progressive? I got them in a box o parts that came with my doctor650 and wanna know if these are the progressives or if they are in the bike. Thanks much


__________________
America is not at war, America is at the mall.

1975 BMW R60/6
1965 Jawa Sidecar
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2002 Suzuki DR650
iamjacksmotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #69275
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer
 
Lil' Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Da Bronx, NYC
Oddometer: 3,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacksmotorcycle View Post
Can one of you more knowledgeable inmates tell from the photos if what ive got here? are these stock springs or are they progressive? I got them in a box o parts that came with my doctor650 and wanna know if these are the progressives or if they are in the bike. Thanks much




They appear to be the stock springs, stock springs are progressive. You also have the stock spacers, as well as a length of pvc pipe to make spacers for aftermarket springs. I'm guessing that whatever brand and rate that is on that box is what you have installed on your DR650.
__________________
Steve
07 KLX250S w/300 kit, 05 DR650SE, 04 XT225
99 VFR800 w/870 kit, 96 GPz1100
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #69276
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer
 
Fire Escape's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Epsom, NH
Oddometer: 1,438
Stock Spacers

I can't judge the springs but those sure look like the 6 pound stock spacers sitting in the box. It would seem unlikely that someone swapped spacers but not springs but.....


Bruce
__________________
No one calls the Fire Department because they did something smart!
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #69277
iamjacksmotorcycle
rambler/gambler
 
iamjacksmotorcycle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
They appear to be the stock springs, stock springs are progressive. You also have the stock spacers, as well as a length of pvc pipe to make spacers for aftermarket springs. I'm guessing that whatever brand and rate that is on that box is what you have installed on your DR650.
This is the box...



Think thats what they are? or thats whats in the bike and these are the stock ones?
__________________
America is not at war, America is at the mall.

1975 BMW R60/6
1965 Jawa Sidecar
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
2002 Suzuki DR650
iamjacksmotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #69278
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer
 
ER70S-2's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: SE Denver-ish
Oddometer: 4,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870 View Post
They appear to be the stock springs, stock springs are progressive. You also have the stock spacers, as well as a length of pvc pipe to make spacers for aftermarket springs. I'm guessing that whatever brand and rate that is on that box is what you have installed on your DR650.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
I can't judge the springs but those sure look like the 6 pound stock spacers sitting in the box. It would seem unlikely that someone swapped spacers but not springs but.....

Bruce
I agree with these two 'inmates'. Those look like the stock spacers which implies they are also the stock springs.

What came in the box has probably been installed in your forks. Both of my aftermarket spring boxes have the spring rate on the box. Even though the box says Progressive, that may just be the mfr's name and the springs could still be straight wound. Again, look for the tag on the box, identifying the contents. If the springs in your forks are progressive wound, they'll look just like the pair you have there, tight coils on one end. FWIW: the tight coils go UP. ^
__________________
2004 DR650: 59,658 miles
2013 WR250R

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #69279
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,095
I was starting to fantasize about the Ktm 690 until I read a certain ride report thread that utilized a 690. Great local bike apparently.

Met up with a business owner who is expanding his rental dr650 fleet. In his words, people want to rent them and they are relatively indestructible. Cool stuff, makes one want to hug their bike just a bit more.
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #69280
Mike_drz
Banned
 
Mike_drz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: somewhere near the beach
Oddometer: 402
what's the problem?



_______
from now on I look pretty all the time
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #69281
Mike_drz
Banned
 
Mike_drz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: somewhere near the beach
Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacksmotorcycle View Post
Can one of you more knowledgeable inmates tell from the photos if what ive got here? are these stock springs or are they progressive? I got them in a box o parts that came with my doctor650 and wanna know if these are the progressives or if they are in the bike. Thanks much



linear type they seems to me


________
where my eyes already a bit fog
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #69282
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
I was starting to fantasize about the Ktm 690 until I read a certain ride report thread that utilized a 690. Great local bike apparently.

Met up with a business owner who is expanding his rental dr650 fleet. In his words, people want to rent them and they are relatively indestructible. Cool stuff, makes one want to hug their bike just a bit more.
in colo? who is that if you don't mind?
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #69283
MeterPig
Meh
 
MeterPig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Parker, Colorado...
Oddometer: 17,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
in colo? who is that if you don't mind?
Nope, not Colorado.
__________________
You looked down here...didn't you.
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #69284
acesandeights
Asperger
 
acesandeights's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: So. Oregon
Oddometer: 3,381
Sounds like an Oregon rental place I've spoken with a number of times, although I haven't spoken with them in the past six months or so. They sell (insert European performance bike), but praise the Suzuki as the best for rentals. They aren't a Suzuki dealership, and last I heard they didn't rent (m)any Suzukis, but when discussing what makes sense as a rental is was the DR650. It's my understanding as a European dealership it looked bad to have Suzukis as their rental fleet but in casual conversation they said the Suzukis just keep going, bulletproof.
__________________
http://breakingbooks.wordpress.com
http://www.kenmarshallmetalworks.com/
I may not be Rainman, but I'm not stupid eighter. Like Bartek on a taco.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #69285
ram1000
Beastly Adventurer
 
ram1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Tricities Washington
Oddometer: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_drz View Post
linear type they seems to me


________
where my eyes already a bit fog
The metal spacer looks like the stock spacer, and the springs look like stock springs.
__________________
A good adventure bike will get you to where you wish you had a good dirt bike! (and back)
:2014 XC800 :2012 WR450
ram1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014