Hello,

How much $

PW
Pwhallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #7174
cameron803
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
i want $3900 for it if sold on here. i am going to list it on ebay with a buy it now price of 4200.

i am the second owner of this bike. i have only had it for 2 months. the only reason i am selling it is to free up some cash for expenses on the purchase of a house. the state is widening the road (for the past 7 years ) and finally decided to get off their butts and do it. my house will be a pile of rubble soon.

the condition of the bike is fantastic! there are no scratches or dents in the tank. the plastic has never been bent (no white stress marks) so i dont think it has ever been down. there are some very minor scuffs in the plastic but i have seen worse on a show room floor.

it probably needs an oil change. i have not done one yet. i have only put 300 miles on it in two months. the front tire is a dunlap d606 and the rear is a kenda 270. i also have the front kenda 270 to go with it. i personally didnt like it.
cameron803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #7175
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Oddometer: 875
I've finally joined the ranks! I purchased an 02 DR650 from a fellow ADV-rider here in AZ. It's not perfect, but it's all there, and only has 5K miles on the odo. Mods that I know of are a hell-of old Supertrapp exhaust, Dynojet kit, hole in the airbox mod, Suzuki rear rack, Acerbis hand guards and Renthal bars. The bikes has been lowered and has Progressive springs in the forks. It also has a skid plate.
People are always telling me my bikes are "way too clean" so this is going to be a challenge. I already removed the sheep skin pad, it's wasted. The mis-matched blue hand guards are driving me crazy, the plastic isn't perfect, etc....
I'm hoping to use the bike for fire road exploring and commuting a few times a week.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #7176
treysmagna
Bald is beautiful

Oddometer: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyVees
I've finally joined the ranks! I purchased an 02 DR650 from a fellow ADV-rider here in AZ. It's not perfect, but it's all there, and only has 5K miles on the odo. Mods that I know of are a hell-of old Supertrapp exhaust, Dynojet kit, hole in the airbox mod, Suzuki rear rack, Acerbis hand guards and Renthal bars. The bikes has been lowered and has Progressive springs in the forks. It also has a skid plate.
People are always telling me my bikes are "way too clean" so this is going to be a challenge. I already removed the sheep skin pad, it's wasted. The mis-matched blue hand guards are driving me crazy, the plastic isn't perfect, etc....
I'm hoping to use the bike for fire road exploring and commuting a few times a week.

The hand gaurds are anoying, but the bike looks cherry to me. Hell my 2006 looks filty compared to that!
treysmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #7177
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Talking High Maintenance??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus
Looking at the maintenance cost I think they screwed up. I don't think it would take an hour to adjust the chain and another one to change the plugs even including beer breaks. They also list intervels at 3500 miles. They also didn't mention Suzuki says to change the filter at every other oil change. They are all fairly low maintenance but I know first hand the KLR and DR are stupid easy with the DR being easiest.
LOL!! An hour to adjust the chain?? What are these guys doing? Pulling the cotter pin out with their teeth while holding a beer in one hand? Even still I could do it in ten minutes! I can adjust the valves in less than an hour easily too. Most of these magazines are completely driven by ad space and their level of knowledge on the bikes they are testing is questionable.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #7178
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,672
spray paint

onlyvees
u can spray paint the hand guards ( if u don't want to replace them ) yellow or white ,they r going to get scratched anyway ,i hope not !!
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #7179
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 96,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
LOL!! An hour to adjust the chain?? What are these guys doing? Pulling the cotter pin out with their teeth while holding a beer in one hand? Even still I could do it in ten minutes! I can adjust the valves in less than an hour easily too. Most of these magazines are completely driven by ad space and their level of knowledge on the bikes they are testing is questionable.
I just got my MCN. Did they ever get that wrong!
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #7180
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Is there a good DR650 FAQ online? I realize there's only 7224 posts in this thread... (call me lazy) I'd love to find a page that lists common bolt-on's, manufactures, year to year changes, etc...

Thanking you in advance.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #7181
racer 07
Lock & Load

Oddometer: 689
Talking Onlyvees

What idiot let that one get away? Man that looks like a show bike. There's a bike show at the Sandia classic this weekend. You have a winner for sure. Ride safe.
racer 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #7182
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyVees
Is there a good DR650 FAQ online? I realize there's only 7224 posts in this thread... (call me lazy) I'd love to find a page that lists common bolt-on's, manufactures, year to year changes, etc...

Thanking you in advance.

Here's a start if ya got some green burning a hole in your pocket....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...23&postcount=1
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #7183
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr870
Here's a start if ya got some green burning a hole in your pocket....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...23&postcount=1
vfr870- Perfect, thank you!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #7184
comes naturally
renewed hope

Oddometer: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron803
i want $3900 for it if sold on here. i am going to list it on ebay with a buy it now price of 4200.

i am the second owner of this bike. i have only had it for 2 months. the only reason i am selling it is to free up some cash for expenses on the purchase of a house. the state is widening the road (for the past 7 years ) and finally decided to get off their butts and do it. my house will be a pile of rubble soon.

the condition of the bike is fantastic! there are no scratches or dents in the tank. the plastic has never been bent (no white stress marks) so i dont think it has ever been down. there are some very minor scuffs in the plastic but i have seen worse on a show room floor.

it probably needs an oil change. i have not done one yet. i have only put 300 miles on it in two months. the front tire is a dunlap d606 and the rear is a kenda 270. i also have the front kenda 270 to go with it. i personally didnt like it.
There is a for sale forum here, don't choke this tread any more than it is...
comes naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #7185
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster
Any one else feel that they have to try a might too hard to get to the back brake of their DR650? Mine is tucked under the case too much for my tastes. It looks to be NOT bent or any thing. The PO did some mods to the bike so I'm not even sure that it's a stock bit.
yes. i built an extension for mine.
Attached Images

plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote