ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #7501
buggs
Photog and Advent
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Oddometer: 736
Some pics of my mighty DR650 on a recent ride:


Steel horse meets real horse.



Playing in the desert around Cabeson, New Mexico.

More pics of the ride here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buggs/tags/091607/show/
__________________
The New Mexico Rider
AMP Productions

"Ah, your brother blows bubble gum!"
Bugs Bunny
buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #7502
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykat
thanks alpro. tomorrow i'll take off that top roller and order the sm-motech skidplate on twisted-throttle. that top roller looks innocuous enough, but after reading about some of them imploding and taking a small piece of the frame with it:yipes. i'll take it off for peace of mind. how long do you usually warm your dr up in the morning? full choke or no? i'm coming from a long string of fuel injected bikes, so am out of practice.
I wouldn't buy the SW-Motech skidplate. The holes are likely to catch on something like a tree stump, would be unpleasant! Get the one from Utah Sport Cycles that is also sold by Dual Star, Happy Trails, etc. Its also quite a bit cheaper!
__________________
Currently going RTW on a KTM 690 Rally, trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #7503
krazykat
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: st.pete,fla
Oddometer: 26
holy crap, the light out new mexico way is freakish! incredible clarity. too late! i already ordered the motech plate. i never imagined tree-stumps. i was only thinking of all the extra air my hard-working engine will enjoy...
krazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #7504
alprosound
HappyMan
 
alprosound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 498
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs
Some pics of my mighty DR650 on a recent ride:


Steel horse meets real horse.



Playing in the desert around Cabeson, New Mexico.

More pics of the ride here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buggs/tags/091607/show/

Wow!!! Nice pics. It's good to be YOU!
__________________
John
MN

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #7505
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
No doubt...

A great thread.

Also, to the happy man, the family of the bride generally pays for the wedding. Don't let her marry more than one.
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #7506
mnormand
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Lafayette, La.
Oddometer: 358
damn Buggs, those pics are almost surreal ! What kind of camera did those come off ?

You fellers sure have some drop dead awesome places to ride. I am so jealous !
mnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #7507
alprosound
HappyMan
 
alprosound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 498
Eek Shoot me NOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
A great thread.

Also, to the happy man, the family of the bride generally pays for the wedding. Don't let her marry more than one.
+1 on that. Just shoot me now! I've been practicing polishing the shotgun and answering the door at the same time. I'm getting pretty smooth at it now..... I'm working on my delivery of the ubiquitous "Son, I'm not afraid to go back to prison.." greeting.

On the bright side, she's a little motorcycle chick with three big brothers and she's pretty darn tough! I feel sorry for whoever she settles down with. My advice on their wedding night would be just to go ahead and give her your spine now, you won't be needing it!
__________________
John
MN

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:35 PM   #7508
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
No kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnormand
damn Buggs, those pics are almost surreal ! What kind of camera did those come off ?

You fellers sure have some drop dead awesome places to ride. I am so jealous !
That horse is just chillin' enjoying the view of the DR650. Notice his ears are relaxing and the tail is wagging. He only wishes he had 644 horses.
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #7509
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
+1 on that. Just shoot me now! I've been practicing polishing the shotgun and answering the door at the same time. I'm getting pretty smooth at it now..... I'm working on my delivery of the ubiquitous "Son, I'm not afraid to go back to prison.." greeting.

On the bright side, she's a little motorcycle chick with three big brothers and she's pretty darn tough! I feel sorry for whoever she settles down with. My advice on their wedding night would be just to go ahead and give her your spine now, you won't be needing it!
Have you seen "Uncle Buck"? Better keep a hatchet in your trunk!!! Keep the "bugs" away!!!
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #7510
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
Hey happy man...

Show us a pic of the little guy riding with a helmet the size of his body!
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #7511
alprosound
HappyMan
 
alprosound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 498
Laugh Uncle Buck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
Have you seen "Uncle Buck"? Better keep a hatchet in your trunk!!! Keep the "bugs" away!!!
YES! CLASSIC!!!!
__________________
John
MN

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #7512
alprosound
HappyMan
 
alprosound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 498
Helmet as big as his body....No Joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
Show us a pic of the little guy riding with a helmet the size of his body!
I've got some great pics of my kids riding but posting a pic....since I don't have a site to download them from I'm not sure I can do it. But you can imagaine it already.....I've tried to attach but usually that's pretty small.
Attached Images
 
__________________
John
MN

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #7513
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
Is that the same little guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
I've got some great pics of my kids riding but posting a pic....since I don't have a site to download them from I'm not sure I can do it. But you can imagaine it already.....I've tried to attach but usually that's pretty small.
On the yamaha? He can't actually ride that, can he???
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #7514
alprosound
HappyMan
 
alprosound's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 498
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
On the yamaha? He can't actually ride that, can he???
The little fella in the avatar is pictured on the Zuki JR. He's now actually grown up even more and is riding a Yamaha RT100. (not pictured) The little one behind me is now on the JR and the stinker in front of me climbs on all my bikes and says "vroom vroom" and twists the throttle.....The big guy on the Yamaha is almost as big as me now.

I was trying to find some pics of him when he first started riding and his helmet looked huge! It fit him properly but wow! it looked funny.
__________________
John
MN

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #7515
garymonster
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Oddometer: 195
I'll never complain...

About my seat height again.

Have a great night!
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015