Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #7516
garymonster
Banned

Oddometer: 195
Is that the same little guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
I've got some great pics of my kids riding but posting a pic....since I don't have a site to download them from I'm not sure I can do it. But you can imagaine it already.....I've tried to attach but usually that's pretty small.
On the yamaha? He can't actually ride that, can he???
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #7517
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
On the yamaha? He can't actually ride that, can he???
The little fella in the avatar is pictured on the Zuki JR. He's now actually grown up even more and is riding a Yamaha RT100. (not pictured) The little one behind me is now on the JR and the stinker in front of me climbs on all my bikes and says "vroom vroom" and twists the throttle.....The big guy on the Yamaha is almost as big as me now.

I was trying to find some pics of him when he first started riding and his helmet looked huge! It fit him properly but wow! it looked funny.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #7518
garymonster
Banned

Oddometer: 195
I'll never complain...

About my seat height again.

Have a great night!
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #7519
Copperhead
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I think I'm crossing over :-) !!!

Hi All....

Been lurking for quite a while and never thought I had anything useful to contribute so I just sponged as much info from this thread as possible. Well, I think I'm about to cross over and join you looneys :-) lol.... I have been a street rider for years... current mount is a 2005 CBR 1000rr and I love it!

I love travel on 2 wheels... been across Canada and this year went to Cali along the coast. The CBR is a great travel machine but I kept seeing all these great roads that I wouldn't even consider doing on the CBR and it got my brain spinning again on the dirt/dual sport thing.

When I was growing up I rode everything from a 5hp Briggs & Stratton mini bike to honda 50's, 70's, Suzuki 2 smokers and on and on..... but then discovered the street bike! Been there for the better part of 30 years. I love my sport bike and will have one till I can no longer swing my leg over but the last few years I've felt like something was missing. Enter this thread and I've been hooked and looking for a DS ride to add to the stable to keep the CBR company. I put an offer in on a '99 DR650 tonight and I'm holding my breath hoping it's accepted!

It's pretty much stock but I have mapped out the future for this bike thanks to all the posts in this thread. Thank you to all! I will post when it gets sorted out :-) Thank you one and all for the motivation! I can't wait to hit the dirt again
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #7520
Pickled Amnesiac
ex Fishbulb....

Oddometer: 1,251
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpse
The black bike looked very good.

What luggage and racks do you use in the newer pics? It looks like you can fit a ton of stuff.
the rear rack is a ventura, the side bars (in the photo) are just bits of ali tube from bunnings to stop the panniers from going into the wheel and exhaust. 1hour to fit the rack and 15 minutes to fit the sidebars.

pm me if you want some more detailed pics...

cheers fish
Old 09-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #7521
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymonster
That horse is just chillin' enjoying the view of the DR650. Notice his ears are relaxing and the tail is wagging. He only wishes he had 644 horses.
Shouldn't that be 38 horses?
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #7522
alprosound
HappyMan

Wicked How many Mares in Your Corale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy
Shouldn't that be 38 horses?
....well as long as your dreaming you should think like a stud!!

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

Old 09-27-2007, 06:51 AM   #7523
sjourn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
I'm planning to jet my ride and mod the air box by cutting out the top, question is do I still have to leave the airfilter in it? thks.
sjourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #7524
alprosound
HappyMan

Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjourn
I'm planning to jet my ride and mod the air box by cutting out the top, question is do I still have to leave the airfilter in it? thks.
It's a great and easy mod.

I can't imagaine running a bike without an airfilter though. Especially a dirt bike. To my knowledge I do not know of anyone that has removed the air filter. You would get so much crap into your engine....

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 09-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #7525
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,673
hope you get it!
if so, check out the info on kientech's website concerning starter issue in 98-99. be aware....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Hi All....

Been lurking for quite a while and never thought I had anything useful to contribute so I just sponged as much info from this thread as possible. Well, I think I'm about to cross over and join you looneys :-) lol.... I have been a street rider for years... current mount is a 2005 CBR 1000rr and I love it!

I love travel on 2 wheels... been across Canada and this year went to Cali along the coast. The CBR is a great travel machine but I kept seeing all these great roads that I wouldn't even consider doing on the CBR and it got my brain spinning again on the dirt/dual sport thing.

When I was growing up I rode everything from a 5hp Briggs & Stratton mini bike to honda 50's, 70's, Suzuki 2 smokers and on and on..... but then discovered the street bike! Been there for the better part of 30 years. I love my sport bike and will have one till I can no longer swing my leg over but the last few years I've felt like something was missing. Enter this thread and I've been hooked and looking for a DS ride to add to the stable to keep the CBR company. I put an offer in on a '99 DR650 tonight and I'm holding my breath hoping it's accepted!

It's pretty much stock but I have mapped out the future for this bike thanks to all the posts in this thread. Thank you to all! I will post when it gets sorted out :-) Thank you one and all for the motivation! I can't wait to hit the dirt again
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #7526
sjourn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
It's a great and easy mod.

I can't imagaine running a bike without an airfilter though. Especially a dirt bike. To my knowledge I do not know of anyone that has removed the air filter. You would get so much crap into your engine....
haha...true...thanks for ur input.
sjourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #7527
macwild
Women? Where!?!

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnormand
damn Buggs, those pics are almost surreal ! What kind of camera did those come off ?

You fellers sure have some drop dead awesome places to ride. I am so jealous !
I'm glad I'm heading there this weekend! We should have alot more pictures to post.
Wonder if that horse is still standing there?
Old 09-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #7528
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Hi All....

if u r in Canada & want to cross over to Enduro ,maybe u can check if they sell DR-BIG they come in 2 engin displacement of 750cc & 800cc ,they r not available in the U.S. otherwise i wouldn't buy a DR650 ,I am shipping one from France next year it's a DR ZETA800 similar to z 1 in z pics ,this bike is much better 4 long distances as well as off rd. last time i check them in 94 they had some available in Montreal ,
Attached Images

DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #7529
OnlyVees
Moto-journalist

Oddometer: 875
What does the DR650-Collective like for a (cheap) throttle lock? The O-ring trick won't work with my bar-ends, so I'm looking along the lines of a Vista Cruise or NEP unit.

Bonus ADV-points if you provide an actual part number...

Anyone?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #7530
alprosound
HappyMan

Cool2 Mr. Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
if u r in Canada & want to cross over to Enduro ,maybe u can check if they sell DR-BIG they come in 2 engin displacement of 750cc & 800cc ,they r not available in the U.S. otherwise i wouldn't buy a DR650 ,I am shipping one from France next year it's a DR ZETA800 similar to z 1 in z pics ,this bike is much better 4 long distances as well as off rd. last time i check them in 94 they had some available in Montreal ,
So what does it cost and how difficult is it to get one of those over here from France? How did you go about it? I'm planning on purchasing a KTM Adventure 990 in the spring to replace my Beemer so I want to know that I'm not missing any other bikes I should be considering.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50