User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #7576
DRDude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Holy Crap

I did the Dynajet mod, and all I can say is holy crap!!! That is wild. I'm putting the 15t back on because I'm commuting and because I don't think it will be necessary. The only thing I can say about it is that you may need to know the basics of the carb, which I did not, but I learned. It's pretty obvious. Great mod.
Thanks for the help.

DRDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #7577
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Lion
Looking at the pictures - if I need to take off the plastic panels do I have to remove the side racks?
The short answer is yes. I can and did change the seat just yesterday when I put the new Corbin on the bike without removing them. I had to bend the side plates out a bit to get to the bolts. If you need the side plates off, you do need to remove the racks but that is no big deal.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #7578
LoriKTM
Wrecking Ball

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Do these side racks fit below the Ebay BBQ rack?
They do. I have the BBQ rack on my DR650, and fitted the e-bay side racks on as well. You'll need to buy a longer bolt for the left rear mount, as it uses the same mount location as the BBQ rack on that side.

The BBQ and side racks have held up well so far, including a 1300 mile trip down the Continental Divide loaded with soft panniers.
LoriKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #7579
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

DRdude, please let us know exactly what mod/s you did with the re-jet. Also I would like to hear more of the results after you have more time with it since I have a kit sitting here waiting for me to have time to play. Thanks.

I'm trying to figure out how far I want to go. I want to up the juice without destroying the fuel economy too much. I'm waiting for the extended mixture screw from Jessie to arrive before I get started.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #7580
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
OIl change wrench sizes?

We keep our DRs in storage and I want to get them ready for winter. As I'm flying, I can't take my whole toolbox and just want to take the few wrenches I need. Can someone confirm the wrench sizes for the drain bolt and the 3 filter bolts. Thanks.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #7581
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Cool2 Jetting the DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDude
I did the Dynajet mod, and all I can say is holy crap!!! That is wild. I'm putting the 15t back on because I'm commuting and because I don't think it will be necessary. The only thing I can say about it is that you may need to know the basics of the carb, which I did not, but I learned. It's pretty obvious. Great mod.
Thanks for the help.
I switch between the 14T and 15T depending on whether I'm commuting or in the woods. However, with the mod. I'm much, much happier with the 15T for commuting. The 14T is still necessary for the woods though for me.

Some notes, I went with the air box mod, drilled the slide and a 155 main jet. Turned the screw to 1 1/8 turn. Bike was fantastic but I started to notice my bike lagging after sitting at a stop and then finally it stalled on me at a light so I knew it wasn't in my head. I contacted Jesse and described it and he had me turn it back to 3/4 turn. Took care of the problem.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #7582
DRDude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
Some notes, I went with the air box mod, drilled the slide and a 155 main jet. Turned the screw to 1 1/8 turn. Bike was fantastic but I started to notice my bike lagging after sitting at a stop and then finally it stalled on me at a light so I knew it wasn't in my head. I contacted Jesse and described it and he had me turn it back to 3/4 turn. Took care of the problem.
interesting. I did the airbox, did not do the slide, and put on the 160. He had written some notes on my directions and had some arrows for the stock muffler. It looked like he was reccomending the 160. Also had some stall problems so I backed out the fuel screw 1/2 turn and it seemed to fix it. I'll know more after I've ridden it a bit. The throttle is very sensitive. I may have put the cables to the guv. on tighter than they were when I put the carb back on, or it could be the jetting. Either way, it is a big difference.

DRDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #7583
CaptTurbo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound
I switch between the 14T and 15T depending on whether I'm commuting or in the woods. However, with the mod. I'm much, much happier with the 15T for commuting. The 14T is still necessary for the woods though for me.

Thanks John. I hope everyone that has played with carb mods will let us know what they have done and what they think of the results. I have read a lot about different carb mods and I don't think I will drill my slide.

A great source of reading about carb tinkering was from Thumper Talk with MXRob's odyssey with the DR650 jetting modifications. Right when you think he has the ultimate carb setup he moves off in other directions in his quest for power. It was a long but fun read.

CaptTurbo screwed with this post 10-07-2007 at 11:25 AM
CaptTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #7584
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
We keep our DRs in storage and I want to get them ready for winter. As I'm flying, I can't take my whole toolbox and just want to take the few wrenches I need. Can someone confirm the wrench sizes for the drain bolt and the 3 filter bolts. Thanks.
17 or 19 mm for drain ,& 8mm for oil filter cover ...
DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #7585
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
80% of the bike tools are : 8mm , 10mm , 12mm ,14mm , 17 ,19 ,22 , & 24mm ...
Old 09-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #7586
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY
Perfect, thanks.
bross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #7587
bitterjoe
killing the fatted calf

Oddometer: 2,053
Question Cam drive chain tensioner

Anyone seen/experienced any oil leak around the cam drive chain tensioner? I have just noticed some oil residue on the tensioner itself and the fins around it. Weird, nothing very active looking, but suspicious...
Old 09-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #7588
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterjoe
Anyone seen/experienced any oil leak around the cam drive chain tensioner? I have just noticed some oil residue on the tensioner itself and the fins around it. Weird, nothing very active looking, but suspicious...
how many miles on the bike ???
Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #7589
garymonster
Banned

Oddometer: 195
Yes they do.

Quote:
Do these side racks fit below the Ebay BBQ rack?
One bolts on the passenger peg hole and the other bolts on the exhaust bolt. So it is below your BBQ rack. They are really smaller than they look. I bought them for side protection, not so much for the panniers. Decided not to use them, though, They are well made and would seem to work well with over the seat soft bags.
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #7590
garymonster
Banned

Oddometer: 195
Side racks...

Quote:
Looking at the pictures - if I need to take off the plastic panels do I have to remove the side racks?
Only if you needed to do some work. But if you just wanted to get the seat off, no problem. The racks come off in 30 seconds anyway. 2 allen bolts is all.
garymonster is offline   Reply With Quote