ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #76276
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 9,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
we'll just call them old age lines, old age veins or old age beauty marks.
...getting better with age.
Varicose veins???
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #76277
Mongle
Knuckle dragger
 
Mongle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: North Carolina Y'all
Oddometer: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
we'll just call them old age lines, old age veins or old age beauty marks.
...getting better with age.
Quit picking on my old lady!

I just don't look that close at her when I ride her!
Mongle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #76278
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer
 
sandwash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Flagstaff Az
Oddometer: 1,314
Just look for lines on my 97,no lines (where) like the pic above but have I have seen them somewhere on the motor before.
__________________
97dr650
sandwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #76279
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers
 
Tex76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by procycle View Post
Those are shrinkage lines from the casting process. Very common in all kinds of cast aluminum products.
DR's do not cause shrinkage!!!
__________________
"We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
2007 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 DL1000, 2005 DR650
30:Unemployed and Homeless (2 months and 10,000 miles)
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #76280
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
we'll just call them old age lines, old age veins or old age beauty marks.
...getting better with age.
Maybe we should be smearing a little of this on.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #76281
shu
...
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 990
luckychucky, yours (2004).......




mine (2008).........


Looks the same to me. I think Mongle is right on it, those marks are from cracks in the mold, not cracks in the engine casting.

.............shu
shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #76282
shu
...
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 990
Meanwhile, it's springtime in the Rockies......





.........shu
shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #76283
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philippines and Seattle
Oddometer: 2,302
I am coming to the USA. For over a year I have been trying to import my 2009 DR 650 to the Philippines from Seattle. As of last Tuesday I have given up on that idea, too much red trap. On May 18th I fly to Seattle and I will spend 4 months riding around the Western USA. I am 73 years old and I know that this will probably be my last chance.

In February 2011 I rode from Seattle to San Diego there was snow, wind and rain, I will make that trip again, and hope for nice weather so I can take my time and enjoy it more. I plan on using my National Parks Senior Pass a lot, as well as my MSR Hubba Hubba, and my Kermit chair.

So if you see an old man on a black DR 650, with yellow Wolfman bags, give me the finger, and I will give it back.

ON ON...
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #76284
NordieBoy
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
ON ON...
Not a Hash House Harrier by any chance?
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #76285
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer
 
luckychucky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SE Missouri
Oddometer: 1,157
2004? Where did you get that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
luckychucky, yours (2004).......




mine (2008).........


Looks the same to me. I think Mongle is right on it, those marks are from cracks in the mold, not cracks in the engine casting.

.............shu
Why do you think mine is a 2004? It's also a 2008, looks they they rolled off the same line, the same day almost.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #76286
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer
 
luckychucky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SE Missouri
Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu View Post
Meanwhile, it's springtime in the Rockies......





.........shu
Every one keeps saying it's going to snow here in MO on Friday.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #76287
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers
 
Tex76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
I am coming to the USA. For over a year I have been trying to import my 2009 DR 650 to the Philippines from Seattle. As of last Tuesday I have given up on that idea, too much red trap. On May 18th I fly to Seattle and I will spend 4 months riding around the Western USA. I am 73 years old and I know that this will probably be my last chance.

In February 2011 I rode from Seattle to San Diego there was snow, wind and rain, I will make that trip again, and hope for nice weather so I can take my time and enjoy it more. I plan on using my National Parks Senior Pass a lot, as well as my MSR Hubba Hubba, and my Kermit chair.

So if you see an old man on a black DR 650, with yellow Wolfman bags, give me the finger, and I will give it back.

ON ON...
Sweet!!
__________________
"We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
2007 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 DL1000, 2005 DR650
30:Unemployed and Homeless (2 months and 10,000 miles)
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #76288
shu
...
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
Why do you think mine is a 2004? It's also a 2008, looks they they rolled off the same line, the same day almost.
Whoops. I guess that was from ER70S-2:



2004 DR650: 45,700 miles of

His bike's too clean to clearly see all the marks, but the major ones look the same as yours and mine.

..........shu
shu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #76289
zdiver1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zdiver1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Peoria,Arizona
Oddometer: 466
Er70s-2

Did you get the foot pegs and are the pegs O.K. I also included a oil filter just to keep you on track.Paul
zdiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #76290
JagLite
Beastly Adventurer
 
JagLite's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Oddometer: 1,094
Cool2 Warp 9 chain guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by inroads View Post
Anyone try one of these from Pro-Cycle? I am having the chain rub on it with the supplied hardware.
I have no problems with mine lining up.
You installed the bolt spacers in the correct place, yes?
I had to move the rub block forward since I have a 46 t rear sprocket.
Just as they say in the item description online.
Looks a bit funny now but it clears just fine.

Where is your chain rubbing on it?
BTW, it would have been faster to get the correct answer if you just called PC and asked them.
They do know what they sell
__________________
Attitude ~
The difference between
Ordeal and Adventure
James
JagLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014