User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
CityClip OP
Upgraded to Scooterdom

Oddometer: 843
Adventure Scooter Sighting in DC

I was innocently exiting a burger joint in DC today and I spotted some kinda weirdo Honda scooter that is not locally available. Then, I noticed that it had PANNIERS and then I noticed UK TAGS. I hopped on my GS and chased after the guy and asked him if he was on a long trip. Indeed he was; on a 125cc scoot, I think headed on a trip around the US. He told me that he had previously done a round the world trip on a 50cc Honda. He told me his name, but I didn't quite get it. Anyone know who this Brit is?

Pretty cool stuff.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #2
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityClip
I was innocently exiting a burger joint in DC today and I spotted some kinda weirdo Honda scooter that is not locally available. Then, I noticed that it had PANNIERS and then I noticed UK TAGS. I hopped on my GS and chased after the guy and asked him if he was on a long trip. Indeed he was; on a 125cc scoot, I think headed on a trip around the US. He told me that he had previously done a round the world trip on a 50cc Honda. He told me his name, but I didn't quite get it. Anyone know who this Brit is?

Pretty cool stuff.
Did he think you were going to mug him?

(you know, being DC and all)
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
scootertrash
Mobile Homie

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityClip

Pretty cool stuff.
Shame there wasn't more info on the scooterist, he could have a blog or site out there....

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote