User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
wildlands1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Central Idaho dirt road loop 8 days

Did a fun little ride this past summer but just now posting.
From Whitefish MT, to Superior on I-90, hence dirt road south to Hoodoo Pass at Idaho border, then down into the awesome wilds of the North Fork Clearwater country, a collection of the largest unprotected roadless wild areas left in the 48 states. Up and over to world famous (fly fishing) Kelly Creek, then up along the lonely Tobaggen Ridge road which is the only thread of mankind separating the 1/4 million acre each, Great Burn-Kelly Creek Roadless Area from the less known Weitas-Cayuse Roadless Area. From Cayuse Junction, then west along the Lewis & Clark Scenic Motorway dirt road which hugs the ridge top far above the Lochsa Hi-way 12 from Lolo Pass westwards. Only saw 3 cars in 2 days here! Refuel/food in Kamiah Idaho, then on south to the Selway River road up to Selway Falls, hence up & over to Elk City Idaho. From there south to Red River ranger station, then east along the Magruder Corridor road, which separates the 1 million acre Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness from the 2+ million acre River Of No Return Wilderness. Dropped down to the upper Selway River, then up & over Nez Perce Pass and on to Daby, Montana, then Hwy 93 back home. About 200+ miles of dirt in 8 fun days on my Wee-Strom. why cant I upload all the pics here?
Attached Images

wildlands1 is offline   Reply With Quote