Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 PM   #151
Rogue 1
Walking Nike Ad

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey
Use: Teamweaver@aol.com

(That's Clayton's mom's email and linked PayPal email address.)

Thanks Honey... just finished with Paypal, no problems...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Frank Herbert , "Dune"

"I never drive faster than I can see... other than that it's all in the reflexes..." BTILC

"Remember the face of your father." Roland the Gunslinger

http://rogue1.smugmug.com

"T.A.L.R. Redux 2007" HAS BEGUN!!! Visit the "I once was lost..." Website
Rogue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #152
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,903
I've read this thread from start to end now twice. Each time I'm so shocked and saddened by what happened to you.

But I'm uplifted by your strength and spirit.

I wish you peace and happiness.

Leo
Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #153
DrDakar
Ride To the Future

Oddometer: 13
OZ, I learnt about your accident and this topic from a Turkish website and came here to read your post. I hope you recover soon. Dont forget motorcyclist buddies all around the world are thinking and praying for you.
06 R1200RT
Laurel, MD
Ride to the Future!
DrDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #154
Uzay
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 6,765
I'm really sorry to hear that but my prayers are with you, keep your faith , i'm sure you'll be fine oneday.

Ride till the end, until the end

KTM 950 Adv
Uzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #155
SNOBDOC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
After I learnt your accident by chance while I had been searching some topics in this site, my all family accepted you as our real brother, please feel our prayers and best wishes.

Halim Yilmaz, Tekirdag/Turkey
BMW R 1150 GS
BMW K 1200 LT

www.akdenizmotosiklet.org
SNOBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #156
OZYMANDIAS OP
RIP, Clayton...

Oddometer: 33
On my own in Nashville

Dear Friends-
I know Iíve been out of touch for too long- forgive me. I started a new thread with this post but it got buried pretty quickly, so I'll post it here too. I ended up spending about four weeks in rehab in Houston. Next was my parentsí place in Connecticut for about ten days, where I stayed mostly in a hotel. I then visited Grandma and the rest of the family in NC, and headed to Nashville, where I am now. My apartment is about two blocks from the law school and pretty nice. Iím here!
Today is the third day Iíve lived completely on my own. The first day I was here was with my dad, and it was for some reason one of the hardest days Iíve had yet. I thought of the joy I would have been feeling if all was well. How I would have taken a jog and gotten the lay of the land. How I would have done so many things I canít do now.
The next day I went to the law school for the first time. Somehow, I was all smiles when I met the people in the admissions office, and they were all so welcoming and supportive of me. I felt good that day.
My dad left three days ago, and since then I have been flying solo. Two weeks ago I came to the end of eight straight weeks of staring at the ceilings of hospital rooms, and now Iím alone in a new city- sink or swim!
I canít say Iím exactly ecstatic with life yet, but Iím still alive. Today I decided I needed to get the hell out of my apartment and do some exploring. I saw a guy wearing an ďI Love NYĒ t-shirt, and I asked if he was from NY. We got to talking and he invited me to Starbucks to meet his friend for coffee. It turns out he has narcolepsy, his friend has Touretteís, and of course Iím a gimp, so a grand time was had by all. One of them had experienced having an arm and a leg paralyzed, but eventually recovered function. They are both in the music business, so we met up with some other people for dinner, and had a lot of laughs. Later we came back to my place and took turns driving an electric wheelchair someone donated to me around the courtyard. I suggested we try to jump it off of something, but there was nowhere to do it. Since they know so many people and my apartment is big and has a nice balcony, I said we should have a party here, so maybe Iíll be tearing it up with all the hotties at my place this weekend. I guess the moral is that I need to be getting out there in the world if I want to make friends.
Yesterday I read a book called ďNo ExcusesĒ about a guy who became an accomplished wrestler despite severe birth defects. He talked about how he had to take it upon himself to break through the trepidation others might feel when meeting him, and that peopleís behavior toward him would be a reflection of how he felt about himself. I find that, to my surprise, and despite my generally troubled state, I have been able to be quite personable, and that when I talk to others my unhappiness does not come through. I donít understand this, but it is a plus because being around others strengthens me.
Orientation in three days! People ask me if Iím excited, and I donít think itís the right word. I guess it seems kind of surreal to me, as if it canít really be happening. Part of this feeling comes, perhaps, from the fact that I really have no idea how I will react to the fact of being enrolled full-time in such a demanding program of study. Before, I would have been cocksure, overflowing with friendliness, and ready to kick some ass. People often say I will eventually do "all the same things I did beforeĒ, but itís simply not true. Accordingly, the realization of just how incredibly disabled I am makes it difficult to say with full confidence how I will handle school. Before I could get up, shower, shave, and dress in about twenty minutes. Now it takes me, at the very least, two hours to get out the door. But this is starting to sound like complaining, which is discreditable.
In short, Iím doing what I have to, but a lot is still uncertain. One thing Iím sure of is that the money you have all given me has helped me tremendously. I had enough in the bank to finish the trip, get home, rent a room for a month, and maybe buy some ďHot PocketsĒ. The rest was going to come from loans. Now just my wheelchair alone cost $5600, and without everyoneís generosity, I might be paddling myself around cross-legged on a skateboard. Truly, you have all helped me a great deal, and I guess the way to repay you is to succeed and do well in law school and in life, so Iíll try.
On the trip I began writing the book I was planning to put together. I donít think I will have enough now, but I will complete what I took notes for, and post it up here soon. It may still be of some use to someone, and itís about half done anyway.
Once again, Iím sorry I havenít written in so long. Oh, and if anyone lives in Nashville and would like to stop by, please let me know. We can have some dinner and talk like weíre hot shit. Some of you have already told me to get in touch when I got here, and I will. My friends, you are all wonderful. Onward and upward! Clayton

Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #157
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZYMANDIAS
Onward and upward! Clayton

bravo Clayton...thank you for the update.

keep on
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #158
tengai

Oddometer: 4,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFLOW
bravo Clayton...thank you for the update.

keep on
Yes, bravo and good luck with the studies.
tengai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #159
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,255
Quote:
Truly, you have all helped me a great deal, and I guess the way to repay you is to succeed and do well in law school and in life, so Iíll try.
My friends, you are all wonderful. Onward and upward! Clayton
that's the spirit!!

it's good to hear from you.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #160
Freddie Rides
Can't find the door

Oddometer: 244
Quote:
But this is starting to sound like complaining, which is discreditable.

I don't think anyone would think you discreditable if you complained -- at least a little bit. You're just keeping it real.

I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there. Your attitude is an inspiration for the rest of us. Keep on keepin' on, brother.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #161
Uzay
Adventure Dreamer

Oddometer: 6,765
Clayton,

It's nice to hear good news from you, we're with you bro.

Ride till the end, until the end

KTM 950 Adv
Uzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #162
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,903
You're teaching me that life is merely going to be different, not over, and that the journey is the important thing.

Thank you!
Old 09-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #163
AGIRABI
The World Is Mine

Oddometer: 685
You keep your faith and we keep praying. I believe you will come back !
AGIRABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #164
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,322
Hey Oz,

I was thinking about you this morning and was pleased to find a report on your new life in Nashville.

It sounds like you are doing ok, if not great. I hope you enjoy your classes that probably just started.

I'm glad you made your goal of being in law school this fall. If I am ever in Nashville, you can bet I'll look you up.

Flaco
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #165
SNOBDOC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Dear Clayton, I summarized and translated all your story into Turkish and published it http://www.superevariders.com/html/m...ewtopic&t=2521. I hope you dont mind, I beleive that your experinces and your feelings should be well known by all motorcycle riders in world to prevent new accidents. I am proud of you to share all your story with us and I am sure we will be able to lessen motorcycle accidents by your experinces. Thank you so much, God bless you

Halim Yilmaz, Tekirdag/Turkey
BMW R 1150 GS
BMW K 1200 LT

www.akdenizmotosiklet.org
SNOBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote