Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 06:35 AM   #76
PARTY BOSS™
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Man I hate reading this .Another ADV'er has just gone thru the same .I suggest you drop DaleB a line he surely can help you down this unecpected turn in the road of life .He has dealt with is back injury as well as anyone could ever expect and more .Best wishes and keep your spirits up.

Rick
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:36 AM   #77
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,433
this thread in jo momma has some info about contributing to help clayton.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143806
Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #78
elvis650
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
our thoughts and prayers are with you clayton
elvis650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #79
Nom de Guerre
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,034
Clayton,

I just came across this thread this morning. I am very sorry to hear of your accident, and I wish you the speediest recovery and prayers for your on time enrollment in Law School. Keep your chin up, and also that positive attitude you have. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Anthony

Nom de Guerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #80
RichBomb
Curse of the Lono

Oddometer: 125
Madness, help sent. Keep strong.
RichBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #81
worldrider
Adventure & Discovery

Oddometer: 1,219
Good god Clayton. I'm so sorry to read and hear of your story. Thank god you had MedJet Assist, as I did when I broke bones in bolivia... my heart is out to you and many prayers. Keep the attitude.

smiles!

'05 F650GS Dakar

My WorldRider Journey ADVrider Thread
worldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #82
roberts
GS'er

Oddometer: 448
My wife and I are going to visit Clayton tomorrow (Sunday) morning. We are going to take him some magazines and best wishes from everyone on Advrider. When we get back I will post an update.
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #83
OZYMANDIAS OP
RIP, Clayton...

Oddometer: 33
Hi Everyone

My nurse contrived an awkward but workable way to pull me up to a computer for a bit, so just a brief one for now. I was able to read some of what all of you have written, and I'm so thankful for your support. Someone wrote, "Ride on, Clayton" and it made me cry. I'll try my friends. I wrote a post on a pad the other day and my parents are going to get it to Honey so she can post it. Thank you Honey. Thanks to those who have made (some shockingly generous) contributions, and to those who have expressed the desire to do so. I'll thank you all individually when I am able. My mom has a paypal account through her teamweaver@aol.com address. I will soon have my laptop, and will be able to write more easily and at length. I have many thoughts in my head, and will share them with you as I am able. You have all come to mean a great deal to me. I've only told about five of my friends about the accident, because for some reason I'm not ready yet.
I want to say something I think very important. Many people have mentioned my inexperience as a possible factor in the accident. I think it was. I'm hot-headed, and believe I rode foolishly. I saw the donkeys on the side of the road, and tried to get to the right to get around them. That was when the one bolted in front of me. I should have simply applied the brakes, for which there was plenty of time, and passed them very slowly and cautiously. The moral here is that I should have approached my riding much more cautiously and prudently, and not have felt in such a rush. I feel like an animal from one of Aesop's fables- when they behaved foolishly, they got drowned, devoured, or what you will. I did so and got myself paralyzed. If only I had said to myself before each ride, "Take your time, relax, and don't be a hot-head", I'd probably be in Panama now, with two working legs. Learn from me my friends.
I'm told there are other threads about my accident on here, and I'll try to find them, but if any of y'all would copy and post this to them, I'd be grateful. Thanks friends. I'll be in touch. Clayton
Old 06-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #84
AndrewAnonymous
Making things worse.

Oddometer: 5,243
Good to hear from you!

There isn't a person on here who can honestly say they've never done something stupid and extremely dangerous as a new rider.

Hopefully your story can help other new riders. I'm sure I'll repeat it to a few.

Hang in there.
AndrewAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #85
Mr. G
Normal Dude

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAnonymous
Good to hear from you!

There isn't a person on here who can honestly say they've never done something stupid and extremely dangerous as a new rider.
Some of us (me included) have done things extremely stupid as experienced & seasoned riders.

Heal quicky and well Clayton

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #86
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,943
I'm taking off for a couple days soon and I've been thinking about your accident a lot. Thanks for the insight on how it happened; you are 100 percent correct about the notion that being in a hurry can get you in trouble. Godspeed on your recovery, you are very brave.

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #87
anatinae
As Bad As Can

Oddometer: 292
Here is a few:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143637
http://www.salcar.org/blog/2006/06/this_is_from_a_.html
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=clayton
http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38492
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hlight=clayton

Be well Clayton
Old 06-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #88
mattzuki
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Clayton thank you for sharing your experience with us. I know it can’t be easy to acknowledge your fault in a situation where the punishment dealt is so harsh and unjust- it is very generous and humble of you to do so. As a noob myself I’m trying to hang on to a healthy amount of fear inspired caution despite feeling reckless thrill seeker or impatient urges. Remember everyone has been guilty of taking chances from time to time. I wish you wellness and strength during your recovery.
Processed filed and cataloged
Labeled and encoded
mattzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #89
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Cool2

You're a big man, Clayton. As you know, life is what you make of it. You'll do well.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #90
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZYMANDIAS
My nurse contrived an awkward but workable way to pull me up to a computer for a bit, so just a brief one for now. I was able to read some of what all of you have written, and I'm so thankful for your support. Someone wrote, "Ride on, Clayton" and it made me cry. I'll try my friends. I wrote a post on a pad the other day and my parents are going to get it to Honey so she can post it. Thank you Honey. Thanks to those who have made (some shockingly generous) contributions, and to those who have expressed the desire to do so. I'll thank you all individually when I am able. My mom has a paypal account through her teamweaver@aol.com address. I will soon have my laptop, and will be able to write more easily and at length. I have many thoughts in my head, and will share them with you as I am able. You have all come to mean a great deal to me. I've only told about five of my friends about the accident, because for some reason I'm not ready yet.
I want to say something I think very important. Many people have mentioned my inexperience as a possible factor in the accident. I think it was. I'm hot-headed, and believe I rode foolishly. I saw the donkeys on the side of the road, and tried to get to the right to get around them. That was when the one bolted in front of me. I should have simply applied the brakes, for which there was plenty of time, and passed them very slowly and cautiously. The moral here is that I should have approached my riding much more cautiously and prudently, and not have felt in such a rush. I feel like an animal from one of Aesop's fables- when they behaved foolishly, they got drowned, devoured, or what you will. I did so and got myself paralyzed. If only I had said to myself before each ride, "Take your time, relax, and don't be a hot-head", I'd probably be in Panama now, with two working legs. Learn from me my friends.
I'm told there are other threads about my accident on here, and I'll try to find them, but if any of y'all would copy and post this to them, I'd be grateful. Thanks friends. I'll be in touch. Clayton
I can already tell by your posts that you are one tough sob but all the same, we are thinking about you man.