Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Srbenda OP
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,974
Talking I bought a Vespa today. R1150GSA will be jealous.

I did. I bought a 2005 ET4 with 1100 miles on it.

It's black.

For those of you unwashed masses that don't know about the finer Italian scooters, the ET4 is a 150cc steel frame beast, easily capable of 60 mph, and fits 2 up quite comfortably.

I know R1150GSA will be jealous of this fine machine. He'll be buying all sorts of shiny bling for his Stella to compensate. (Hint: Do you have a chrome horncast yet? I didn't think so.)

I post pictures tomorrow when I bring it home through the mean streets of Washington, DC.
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
RandomGS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,869
Really piss him off, tell him you only paid $1500

Greg
RandomGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
jconli1
pleasant

Oddometer: 203
Congrats, man! There were a few ET4s at the Charm City rally this weekend that were SET UP. 180+ kits, pipes, upgraded flywheels, etc, etc, etc. Serious movers... and hot rodding a 4t will be a lot more reliable than the 166 Malossi on the... uhh... nevermind. :)
jconli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 AM   #4
Srbenda OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconli1
Congrats, man! There were a few ET4s at the Charm City rally this weekend that were SET UP. 180+ kits, pipes, upgraded flywheels, etc, etc, etc. Serious movers... and hot rodding a 4t will be a lot more reliable than the 166 Malossi on the... uhh... nevermind. :)
Hmmm...are the aftermarket bits for these as cheap as Stella's?
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 AM   #5
Srbenda OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGS
Really piss him off, tell him you only paid $1500

Greg

I wish. These Vespas are more expensive than a mid 70's airhead...
Old 05-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #6
JohnTM
I suck toes

Oddometer: 29,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
vespa's were very popular the last time i visited your planet. i am from chad.

JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:14 AM   #7
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,019
And what about Stella ? She's sitting with a broken heart and needs a makeover and now she's being put out to pasture... talk about a broken heart.... Congrat's on the Vespa. Thats the one my wife keeps asking me to buy for her.... Especially the burgundy color.

I'll still contemplating the Stella acquisition. Have you gotten her back in sellable condition? , hp
Old 05-10-2006, 05:33 AM   #8
Srbenda OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdude
And what about Stella ? She's sitting with a broken heart and needs a makeover and now she's being put out to pasture... talk about a broken heart.... Congrat's on the Vespa. Thats the one my wife keeps asking me to buy for her.... Especially the burgundy color.

I'll still contemplating the Stella acquisition. Have you gotten her back in sellable condition? , hp
Nope, I am planning on ordering the Pinasco kit today...then I have to actually do the work....
Old 05-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #9
Srbenda OP

Old 05-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #10
R1150GSA
Saint "Alloy"sius

Oddometer: 26,174
First of all, Breadman, let's get something straight. I am a man of high principles and pristine moral amplitude. I don't allow silly little trends to sway my allegiance. It's a little thing I like to call moral fidelity.

Secondly, Stella and I have looked at your Extraterrestrial 4, or whatever ET4 stands for, and we both agree that it is ugly, lacking in the classical graces.

Lastly, you're stupid and ugly.

Any further correspondence regarding this matter can be sent directly to the trash dumpster behind the Arbys.
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #11
Srbenda OP

Listen here you flim-flam artist. Dragging that poor old Hindu Stella up the screen and forcing her to look at this Italian sexpot was truly unfair. What would aany other woman do under the circumstances? Declare ugliness in hopes of casting attention on to someone else.

But we know the truth. Italians are simply more desireable. Its written in the Book. (Why else is it called the Roman Catholic church? Psst. Rome is in Italy)

Anyway, it's obvious to me that the only way to settle this is to do the race. I know that you and your pals have been blithering on about this for months, but the time is now.

I await your garbled response.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,230

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
R1150GSA
Saint "Alloy"sius

Oddometer: 26,174
Now you listen to me you crusty little puff pastry.

Stella and I will take on all comers. That includes you and your haughty little fan-dancer.

Oh, there are gay times ahead for Stella and me as we ramble over hill and dale.

Hang on a second. Stella just said something to me.

What's that my dear? A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou? Absolutely.
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #14
Srbenda OP

You, my good man, are Sir Stella-Not.

You, who imply that you will have conjugal relations with a scooter! I'm simply shocked that even you would stoop to this fetid, banal level.

But hey, only the Lord knows what sort of bribery and coercion you'll need to get Stella to even think about racing an ET4. The race is lost before it's won. No amount of Chataneuf-du-Pape and baguettes will convince her.

Trust me on this one.

P.S. Would you like me to have a trailer ready to put the lifeless body of Stella on, post-race? Or will you be bringing extra engine bits?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,230
Chataneuf-du-Pape?

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote