User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
monkrider OP
leaving Gomorra

Oddometer: 5
New 2013 Tiger 800 XC for sale need advice on price

Hello fellow riders I need your advice on the purchase of a new 2013 Tiger 800 XC from a local dealer.
A little background. I am the proud owner of a 2000 1150 GS with 62 k miles and I am on the market for something lighter and more nimble , but still able to hit the highway as necessary. My driving necessity are 80/20 or 70/30m at best.The 2 main contender BMW 800GS and Tiger 800 XC. I will keep my old boxer, because I just love it and they (bmw dealer) will give me just $2,700 for it. No way!
I test drove them all, including the 800GS adventure (sorry,butt ugly for me)
Now I am leaning towards the 800 xc.
I found a new left over 2013 800XC from a local dealer (khaki green) MSRP $11.999 (as you all know) plus destination charges etc.
The list total at the door is $12,574.
I asked for a discount for the last year bike (not significant changes versus 2014 I believe) they agreed on a $800 discount.
So $11,774 art the door is my total.
The bike comes with a FREE Incentive package that includes: higher adjustable screen, heated grips kit, rear top box with passenger back rest and mounting plate. Installation of the accessory not included.
My plan is to offer 12k and ask for the center stand (optional) part and installation, together with the installation of the heated grips.
I can install the rear top box and taller windshield myself.
What you guys think?
Decent deal? Am I ready to leave the beemer world?
Any 2 cents are deeply appreciated.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
ongrade
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
As far as pricing goes, it doesn't sound bad for your part of the country. I paid $12000 OTD in Ca for a demo with the crash bars, skid plate and side cases. It had 1500 miles on it. As far as the bike goes you'll love it, the BMW doesn't compare for handling, power and overall comfort.
ongrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
monkrider OP
leaving Gomorra

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongrade View Post
As far as pricing goes, it doesn't sound bad for your part of the country. I paid $12000 OTD in Ca for a demo with the crash bars, skid plate and side cases. It had 1500 miles on it. As far as the bike goes you'll love it, the BMW doesn't compare for handling, power and overall comfort.
Thanks man, yes power and comfort are clearly better. Great rides out there in Norcal. Enjoy.
Best
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 694
I'd have them install all the parts. If the dealer installs the parts as part of the sale they fall under the same 2 year warranty.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
LeboRiley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I just bought this same bike and got the same deal with the freebies. I gotta say, you're doing well to have talked them down $800 bucks. My dealer wouldn't come down, but I didn't press the issue since they have me $9000 for Thruxton on a trade.

The windshield and topbox are super easy to install. I haven't done the grips yet because I guess they're on back order. XCRider is probably right about the warranty, but after studying the installation instructions I found it to be almost robbery to pay someone to do it for me. You can get the instructions on the triumph accessory website. I want to grab a center stand as well, but I've read that it doesn't get the rear wheel off the ground, which kinda irks me.

This bike is a beast! You will love it. I've had mine for 6 weeks and I already have 1500 miles on it from riding around NYC and a couple day trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeboRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #6
mach1mustang351
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Ive bought 2 brand new bikes and got turned down on a third (funny shady dealership story). And they were both very clear on bikes the price is the price. So any movement sounds like a deal to me.
mach1mustang351 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #7
portalespeanut
nEARLY nORMAL

Oddometer: 49
Go for it!

I think You're doing well to talk them down to the point You're at. I just bought a '14, and the Triumph Incentive deal applied to mine too. They wouldn't budge on 'modifying' the kit...I could lose the heated grips here where I live and never miss them...but really want the center stand...they said the kit 'Is what it is'. I'll take the kit, and add the center stand, and smile at getting $1000.00+ worth of freebies from Triumph as the icing on the cake..
All in all, looks like a GREAT deal that you've been offered....oh, by the way...GREAT motorcycle too! Do the deal!...(and put up pics!)...

XR650R Oink!, Tiger 800XC, and many other notable rides, (and not so notable) now gone...
portalespeanut is offline   Reply With Quote