Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #166
theturtleshead
Tits on a fish

Oddometer: 761
Colombia Libre!!! Cartagena October 30th-2ndNovember

Spanish friends!
Colombia is not how it used to be!
We,re having a Riders Rally in Cartagena and we,d like to see some Spanish representation!!
Y ni hablamos de las mujeres Colombianas.
To find out more and keep up to date with the organization go to.
Regional forums-Latin America-Colombia Libre!
Al theturtleshead
theturtleshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #167
steelman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
HELLO
My name is Jordi and I Reus (Catalunya)
My bike is a honda Vardadero 1000 and has about 85.000km 's.
Most travel in the old Europe.

Long ago I read in this forum but now it's time to try to participate, even if my English level is medium-low

Greetings from catalunya and we are rolling on the world.

I put some pictures of my bike;)

steelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #168
cangurobmw
R 1200 GS

Oddometer: 2

HERE FROM SUTH OF SPAIN CORDOBA.
cangurobmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #169
hookeniggy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Born in Bilbao, now in Holland, sometimes working in Canada and USA, and planning this summer on being in the Bilbao area, taking my Super tenere of course any ridingbuddy's out there? Aitor
Attached Images

hookeniggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:20 PM   #170
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 26,871
Hola de los Estados Unidos, pero con razes Mexicanas. Fu a Barcelona hace dos aos de negocios. Que hermoso pas!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #171
euskalherria
euskalherria

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookeniggy
Born in Bilbao, now in Holland, sometimes working in Canada and USA, and planning this summer on being in the Bilbao area, taking my Super tenere of course any ridingbuddy's out there? Aitor
Kaixo Aitor, Hello.
Im from a small town near Bilbao, when you came here we can go for a ride.... or two..

gero arte ta ondo ibili
euskalherria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #172
sebas
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 40
signing in from menorca

Hey guys

It's good to see how many fellow "paisanos" there are around here

I've been in the forum for about a year but I've never seen this thread before, I'll be sure to check it out more often from now on.

I was born in Australia but I've lived in Spain for most of my life (my mother's Aussie and my father's Spanish). I've lived in Madrid for the last two years and now I'm in Menorca on holidays/figuring out what to do next (just quit my job, etc). I brought my Wee of course

Hey Nanin, don't tell me you're half-Australian too? That's cool! I don't get to go there much, just the occasional holiday whenever I can, but I sure miss it.

This is me on my Wee somewhere in Menorca

ps: anyone from the Spanish V-Strom forum around here?
sebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #173
arquimoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Hello from Madrid...

arquimoto screwed with this post 06-05-2009 at 06:32 AM
arquimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #174
hookeniggy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUSKALHERRIA
Kaixo Aitor, Hello.
Im from a small town near Bilbao, when you came here we can go for a ride.... or two..

gero arte ta ondo ibili
Sounds like a plan, i'm from Aranzazu, and i'll be there, whats the name of your place? i might know it Ahur
Old 06-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #175
hookeniggy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicDomingo
That's all? Funny cuz I always found Spain a trifle bureaucratic in these things...

My Case, I am Canadian born Canadian- Swiss dual citizen who now lives in Barcelona. On a whim I bought my dream bike, an Africa Twin as a gift to myself on my 30th. Sound decision. I didn't think too much about the details as the bike was bought here and originally registered here, but;
it turns out my Canadian motorcycle rating is not accepted for INSURING a bike in Spain, riding yes INSURING no. The Canadian CAR licence can be convalidated, or transfered over to a Spanish equivalent with a minimum of hassle.
The Canuck bike rating though, is not good enough for Spain, you have to redo the licence process which means riding a maximum of some 25 horsepower for 2 years. As much as it pissed me off at the time I can almost understand it now; I got my Canadian bike rating in about 20 minutes at the Motor Vehicle Branch parking lot in Vancouver, on a 90 cubic inch Harley that wasn't mine.
My only solution: I went to Switzerland where thank God my mother has retired, registered myself as a resident which I am entitled to do as I have the passport, filled out the forms, stood the line, smoothed the clerks, got the stamps, made the photocopies, signed the dotted lines and was taken back into the fold with Swiss efficiency, made a legal resident of my ancestral homeland.
From there I went to the traffic authority, aka the Strassenverkhersamt (that's really what it's called) and was subjected to more formalities to be able to surrender my Canadian licence to them. The Swiss, unlike the Spanish, honour and accept our Canadian bike ratings as worthy of their roads. Turn in your valid Canuck licence and get a Swiss equivalent in a matter of a few weeks, service only valid for registered residents with stamped, signed and photocopied in triplicate residency papers.
The chipper, professional young clerk (I didn't know such a thing existed) eyed my peeling, dog-eared and generally battle weary old licence with polite disdain.
This all took two days.

A few weeks went by and finally an official looking letter arrived to my mother's house. Unfortunately it was not from the Strassenverhersamt but rather from the Swiss Police's forgery investigation bureau. It turns out my battered old licence has been sent in as suspicious and inspected, scanned, magnified, put under special lights and subjected to all manner of indignity. The final verdict was "traces of possible manipulation or forgery to document, application denied". One third or half of the last number of my birthdate was faded or chafed, only by looking at the bottom half could you see that it in fact was a 5. I called the office and was able to talk to the corresponding officer, explained that this was just the result of 4 years, countless kilometers, untold cycles through the washer and a few accidental falls in the water. I had numerous other pieces of identification I was willing to present myself with, including a valid Swiss passport, a valid Canadian passport, Canadian birth certificate, social insurance card, a German driver's licence (also car only rated) and pictures of myself as a newborn in the babyseat in a shiny new 1975 Volvo station wagon. All featured the same bithdate. If any of these showed any trace of forgery I would surrender myself immediately and without protest for incarceration. I got not even a laugh. Swiss bureaucracy is efficient, it is thorough and swift, to the maximum extent that such bodies can be, it is not however, flexible, not at all. I was told that my suspicious, unholy document would be returned to the Strassenverkersamt, please could I come remove it at once.
As I was already back in Spain at the time I asked my mother to please do me the favour and pick it up. When my chipper, friendly 68 year old mother went to the SVA the next day she was attended by a friendly, professional clerk only a few years years her junior.
"They say my son is a forger" said my mom "but he's not, he's just a bit careless, no matter how many times I told him to check his pockets before washing his pants he always forgets something in them, he was like this at 12, now he is 30, I fear he will not change, but he is not a forger, he is a good boy, this licence is just very, very clean"
"clearly" answered the clerk, and 2 weeks later I received my shiny new motorcycle-rated, Spanish valid, certified Swiss driver's licence.
That was 3 years ago, and I have been riding every day since.
Wow, sounds like me but the other way around......easier!!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #176
hookeniggy
Studly Adventurer

Any good places in Durango-Amorebieta area to get T63 or TKC80?...or even Mefo's
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #177
Lejos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
"Lejos", in Valencia...

Lejos, living in Valencia -east coast of Spain- 350 kmts south of Barcelona, 350 Kmts east of Madrid, 3,5 Hours of ferry, west of Ibiza.

Also known as "Pabernosmatao", if any from the forum bmwmotos.com read this...

Chalud=Cheers,
Lejos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #178
euskalherria
euskalherria

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookeniggy
Sounds like a plan, i'm from Aranzazu, and i'll be there, whats the name of your place? i might know it Ahur
Hello Aitor,
Im from gorliz, and if you want ride some off-road on this area, is better way tkc or t63, here could be mud all the year on some places and we have hard mountains
euskalherria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #179
arquimoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejos
Lejos, living in Valencia -east coast of Spain- 350 kmts south of Barcelona, 350 Kmts east of Madrid, 3,5 Hours of ferry, west of Ibiza.

Also known as "Pabernosmatao", if any from the forum bmwmotos.com read this...

Chalud=Cheers,
Hello..Lejos... have you intention of going to "II GS Live 13 y 14 junio" of www.bmwmotos.com this this weekend in Madrid?
arquimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 AM   #180
vander
full-time dreamer

Oddometer: 909
Hello everybody from a Tnr!

Is there a list of fellow advriders in Spain where to look for mates around?