Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #61
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo one
Lived in Mallorca for 12 months now just waiting for the furniture and the bikes to be shipped over from the UK on the 12th of Dec,2000 Africa twin and a mint 1997 916,our house is in Algiadi.
We should ride together when you get your bike. I am trying to get to know some locals who can show me some good roads on the island. There are plenty nice asphalt roads such as Port de Andratx to Banyalbufar and then to Deia, Soller all the way to Lluc. But finding suitable gravel, offroad roads is difficult. Most parts of the island are private lands.

viatormundi screwed with this post 12-05-2007 at 02:11 AM
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:09 AM   #62
Danquart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
From Denmark in Spain

Gday all,
V strom 650 rider living at the foot of the "Picos de Europa" in Asturias, Spain.
Cheers,
Dan
Danquart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #63
Danquart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Again and again and again....Ooooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danquart
Gday all,
V strom 650 rider living at the foot of the "Picos de Europa" in Asturias, Spain.
Cheers,
Dan
Shite,
must have been exageratedly thirsty when I entered my very first mail some weeks ago, saying exactly the same as ive just said.... again or is it "Deja vue"?
Nope..... pissed!
Cheers,
Dan
Danquart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #64
Alcanara
's not me occifer

Oddometer: 122
Hi All

I have been here for just over 3 years..... Live in the campo near Alhama de Murcia.

Have got a R100RS in bits, R1100S for Touring..... and a F650Cs for blatting to the beach bar. My wife also has a F650CS.

As for insurance... try Mapfrie..... a young lady from Zaragosa took both me and the wife out and Mapfrie were excellent... not cheap. but excellent cover.

I will be trading in the F650CS and the R1100S for a 1200GSA (or maybe KTM 990) and whilst I will not do a lot of heavy off road, round here the bike will be a great asset.

Hope to meet up some time with the rest of you out there.

Went to Cartagena race track yesterday ..... full of brits doing a trackday holiday with their own bikes... how's that for service... great day.

Cheers

Stuart
Alcanara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 AM   #65
davontour
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Wicked Me too!

Sorry only just looked on here, I am near Figueres in Catalonia, ride a GS1100 and rebuildind old DR650. Thinking of buying a new Tenere!!
I Want to ride some trails and there are loads around here.
davontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #66
Sucks2drive
Banned

Oddometer: 3,479
Wink im in.......

Im a Brit Ex Pratt ( no thats not a spelling error) I live near Sax, 40 k from Alicante
Ride a 1989 Yamaha XT600 2KF Model

Insurance 176 euros a year 3rd party but includes roadside assistance & legal stuff

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296190
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #67
drfakoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Hi Everybody !!!
My name is Facu, Im 35 yo, was born in Argentina, but live in Spain for the last 25 years.
On 5th January 2008 will travel with my 99 Xr 600 R to Africa to follow the Lisboa-Dakar rally on the morocco stages.
When I come back I promise to post a thread with pics of the ride (if I do come back, hope so, hahahahahaaha).

drfakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #68
VDG
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,336
Hello drfakoo.
Noticed that it is your 1st post. Welcome on board. Take many pics as you can and then post here please. It will be a great adventure for sure. Have a safe trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfakoo
Hi Everybody !!!
My name is Facu, Im 35 yo, was born in Argentina, but live in Spain for the last 25 years.
On 5th January 2008 will travel with my 99 Xr 600 R to Africa to follow the Lisboa-Dakar rally on the morocco stages.
When I come back I promise to post a thread with pics of the ride (if I do come back, hope so, hahahahahaaha).
VDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 PM   #69
boonie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfakoo
Hi Everybody !!!

Hi Facu.
I am English but have been living in Spain for 10 years now.I will be going to see the Dakar too.I hope to get as far as Mautitania.Leaving from Alicante 1st January on my Africa Twin.I intend to take lots of pictures too which i will post here.Good luck.

boonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 AM   #70
Wazzup
Ride Baby, Ride

Oddometer: 21
Hola a todos!

Here's another one from Madrid, Spain. Nice to see another spaniards around this magnificient site... Saludos especiales para ti, Alberto (CLAFERAL).
Old 01-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #71
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
I want to order some KTM stuff (spare parts, accessories etc) Checked with www.ktm-versand.de but their shipment cost for a small package (around 1.5kg) is 40 euros!
Are there any Spanish based companies selling KTM parts and accessories?
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #72
juleskle500
Fighting for a F800

Oddometer: 20
Hola chavales
Otro que anda por Madrid, con una KLE500 esperando que saquen de una vez la F800GS.

Un abrazo
Jules

Hey guys
Another one riding round Madrid, with a KLE500 and waiting for the release of the F800GS.

Cheers
Jules

MONGOL RALLY 2008 ACCOMPLISHED. JULY-AUGUST 2008. 25 DAYS FROM MADRID (SPAIN) TO ULAANBAATAR (MONGOLIA) IN A 1.300cc '90 SUZUKI SAMURAI 4X4. 13.000 KM THROUGH SPAIN, FRANCE, GERMANY, CZECH REPUBLIC, POLAND, LIETUVA, LATVIA, RUSSIA, KAZAKHSTAN AND MONGOLIA

GAAAAAS!!!!!

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=es&ie=UTF-8
juleskle500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #73
Jimmyjei
n00b

Oddometer: 3
New Spanish mate.

from Madrid (torrelodones) future GS 1200 Adv owner, in fact it is waiting for me in BMW dealer in Bilbao, I will go for it in a couple of weeks...

Un abrazo a todos.

Jaime
Jimmyjei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #74
BeachBum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Motorcycle Liscence

Hello everyone, another transplant here in Madrid from California. I plan on staying here for a couple of years, living with my girlfriend from La Corua.

How do I go about getting a legit Moto liscence here. I never had one in the states due to the fact that all of my riding was off highway and I want to get something for running around the city and comuting to Majadahonda for work.

By the way I live near Metro Cuzco, Calle Orense if any of you might know where that is.

Thanks,

Paul
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #75
DominicDomingo
axe me anything

Oddometer: 7,090
Facu and Boonie

Che Facu, I hope you had a great trip, though I understand the race was cancelled this year. I'm here in Barcelona with an Africa Twin, want to go for a ride some day?

Boonie it looks like you had a great time too... I'm off to Morocco again next sept, this time with a bunch of friends from back home in Vancouver who are flying over. We're flying into Marrakech and renting DRZ 400's. I have to make the sacrifice of leaving my AT at home in order to do this trip with my mates. In the photos you posted where is that big hill climb? We want to go over the high Atlas near that ski resort and not the Tizi Test or Tischka, know anything about it? Any other gems to share with me?
DominicDomingo is offline   Reply With Quote