Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #106
eupi
eupi

Oddometer: 44
hi

HOLA,

BIEN NO ES Q SEA ESPAÑOL, SOY PORTUGUÉS DE NACIONALIDAD PERO COMO ESTOY CERCA DE ESPAÑA (130 KM DE PONTEVEDRA), VOY ALLI MUCHISIMAS VECES. Y ADEMAS ESTE AÑO ME VOY A VALENCIA EN MOTO A POR EL VERANO CON MI CHICA! QUIZAS PODAMOS TOMAR ALGO...
eupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #107
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,131
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufenen
Hi Alfaris! What curriculum! You can make us a summary... which is the best that you have ride?
Well, would be difficult to say,as soon as they were on different categories. I can tell you memories when riding them and that i still remember,

I remember montesa cota 340 when spanish motorcycle factories leaded the sector. I remeber brutality of maico Mc250, i´ll never forget my Africa Twin so my VFR. With my CBR929RR i went from Madrid to Nordkapp 11.000 km within 13 days,and many track days..........then the CR500R was most brutal engine of all, more than ktm525, X-ch and whatever. but current CRF450r is very close to the punch of that 500 two strokes. Both XR600 and 650 were marvellous bikes, simple and powerful. Trials bikes are more specialied but it will always be one on my garage for sure. there will always be some rocks to climb ¡¡¡¡. KTM950 was THE BIKE, but KTM warranty service was crap soy thei did not solve waterpump, clutch and other minor problems and i sold it. X-ch was a crap of quality so i sold ir as soon i camback from morocco. GS1200ADV was nice but too heavy on any circunstance. Now HP2 enduro / SM wheels is THE BIKE, simple, taff, hard, a transformer. It remains me old GS800PD, same spirit but with brutal engine and sensations.

What would be next, ..........??????? maybe i switch CRF450R for a plated light enduro, maybe BMWG450 or CRF450X or other. MAybe for that KTM700ADV, i do not know i just ride now what i have.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #108
nufenen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Nice history

My curriculum is the following.

I started with Suzuki RMX 49 cc, then I jump to a KTM 250 2 stroke, Gasgas 250 2 st, KTM 125 2 st... and during a time I stopped my country ride and I get a BMW R 850 GS, very beautiful! With she, I start know the pleasure of longs trips, so that I get a 1150 GS which brought to the Alps and more and more. Now I have a 650 GS and a DRZ 400. I have on mind a KTM 990 Adv. a 1200 GS, an Africa Twin or a 800 GS... for that your comments are very interesting.

My wife ride with me with a Yamaha 125 DT 2 st. So the plan is that she rides de GS 650 and buy for me a bigger one. It is just a plan...

If you ask me for my best motorbike, well, as you say: are different... but with which I have enjoy more: KTM 250 a perfect bike! And the BMW 1150 GS by the moment, the best bike to travel that I have never had.

I thought that HP2 was not very good, it is very beatiful, but I felt that not very practice, but your comments are goods so maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris
Well, would be difficult to say,as soon as they were on different categories. I can tell you memories when riding them and that i still remember,

I remember montesa cota 340 when spanish motorcycle factories leaded the sector. I remeber brutality of maico Mc250, i´ll never forget my Africa Twin so my VFR. With my CBR929RR i went from Madrid to Nordkapp 11.000 km within 13 days,and many track days..........then the CR500R was most brutal engine of all, more than ktm525, X-ch and whatever. but current CRF450r is very close to the punch of that 500 two strokes. Both XR600 and 650 were marvellous bikes, simple and powerful. Trials bikes are more specialied but it will always be one on my garage for sure. there will always be some rocks to climb ¡¡¡¡. KTM950 was THE BIKE, but KTM warranty service was crap soy thei did not solve waterpump, clutch and other minor problems and i sold it. X-ch was a crap of quality so i sold ir as soon i camback from morocco. GS1200ADV was nice but too heavy on any circunstance. Now HP2 enduro / SM wheels is THE BIKE, simple, taff, hard, a transformer. It remains me old GS800PD, same spirit but with brutal engine and sensations.

What would be next, ..........??????? maybe i switch CRF450R for a plated light enduro, maybe BMWG450 or CRF450X or other. MAybe for that KTM700ADV, i do not know i just ride now what i have.
nufenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #109
An-tonio
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Talking Hi from Málaga

Hi all,

I'm from Málaga, I ride a 950,04 adv it's my first off-road bike, the fisrt one was a cbf250! jaja, what a difference! Now near my 950 there is a K75 for daily use.

If someone came to Málaga we can drink some beers :)

Saludos!
An-tonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:16 AM   #110
Dominatio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
I'm in Olvera - north of Ronda - which is north of Marbella (kinda sorta!).

I'm in Spain for a couple of months at a time - and keep my F650GS here.

Got an 08 R12GS in UK and its killing me that I'm here and it there!!!!

Anyone else local to Olvera?
Dominatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #111
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufenen
Nice history

My curriculum is the following.

I started with Suzuki RMX 49 cc, then I jump to a KTM 250 2 stroke, Gasgas 250 2 st, KTM 125 2 st... and during a time I stopped my country ride and I get a BMW R 850 GS, very beautiful! With she, I start know the pleasure of longs trips, so that I get a 1150 GS which brought to the Alps and more and more. Now I have a 650 GS and a DRZ 400. I have on mind a KTM 990 Adv. a 1200 GS, an Africa Twin or a 800 GS... for that your comments are very interesting.

My wife ride with me with a Yamaha 125 DT 2 st. So the plan is that she rides de GS 650 and buy for me a bigger one. It is just a plan...

If you ask me for my best motorbike, well, as you say: are different... but with which I have enjoy more: KTM 250 a perfect bike! And the BMW 1150 GS by the moment, the best bike to travel that I have never had.

I thought that HP2 was not very good, it is very beatiful, but I felt that not very practice, but your comments are goods so maybe...
NICE, SO YOU ALSO HAVE A ENDURO BACKGROUND.....The basics of riding ¡¡¡
Old 06-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #112
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatio
I'm in Olvera - north of Ronda - which is north of Marbella (kinda sorta!).

I'm in Spain for a couple of months at a time - and keep my F650GS here.

Got an 08 R12GS in UK and its killing me that I'm here and it there!!!!

Anyone else local to Olvera?
i do know perfectly where olvera is. i have a flat in Marbella and when i carry my bike with me to there i enjoy a lot such magnificients roads and views around.

you´re lucky to have your bike there, ENJOY IT.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #113
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by An-tonio
Hi all,

I'm from Málaga, I ride a 950,04 adv it's my first off-road bike, the fisrt one was a cbf250! jaja, what a difference! Now near my 950 there is a K75 for daily use.

If someone came to Málaga we can drink some beers :)

Saludos!
HI AN-TONIO , SURE YOU HAVE NOW BEST OF BOTH WORLDS ¡¡¡¡ CLASSIC ROAD AND TRAIL ENDURO ADVENTURE BIKE.....

SURE I´LL PASS TO MARBELLA THIS SUMMER, HOPEFULLY WITH MY BIKE, SURE WE CAN HAVE SOME TAPAS AND RIDING.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #114
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupi
HOLA,

BIEN NO ES Q SEA ESPAÑOL, SOY PORTUGUÉS DE NACIONALIDAD PERO COMO ESTOY CERCA DE ESPAÑA (130 KM DE PONTEVEDRA), VOY ALLI MUCHISIMAS VECES. Y ADEMAS ESTE AÑO ME VOY A VALENCIA EN MOTO A POR EL VERANO CON MI CHICA! QUIZAS PODAMOS TOMAR ALGO...
PERFECTAMENTE, TODOS IBERICOS ¡¡¡¡¡ SI ANDAS POR VALENCIA ESCRIBELO AQUI.

PERFECTLY ALL IBERIANS, IF YOU HANG AROUND VALENCIA PLEASE WRITE IT DOWN HERE...
Old 06-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #115
stwusauk
it hurts at 40

Oddometer: 14
How about a ??? Sept-March

Hello Guys.

Seen that we have quite a few guys here in Spain wondered if anyone was interested in a Morrocco or Portugal raid ,quick in and out for a look, hotel accomodation or rough camp who cares its about the ride.

Best month for me between end Sept and March, dont feel like getting slushed up in the Pyrenees.

Thinking out loud but thought that I would throw it in the ring.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #116
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by stwusauk
Hello Guys.

Seen that we have quite a few guys here in Spain wondered if anyone was interested in a Morrocco or Portugal raid ,quick in and out for a look, hotel accomodation or rough camp who cares its about the ride.

Best month for me between end Sept and March, dont feel like getting slushed up in the Pyrenees.

Thinking out loud but thought that I would throw it in the ring.
I want to do such a trip as well. Let's meet for a coffee and plan it.
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 AM   #117
Sloppy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
To anyone in Spain looking for a used bike and not having much luck with the prices or selection on Cambalache or Segundomano or wherever, I just recently found http://motos.coches.net/ and it has a fantastic selection and the prices are much more in line with what I think used bikes should cost

Now I'm just camping it to find a cheap dual-sport near me in Cadiz.
Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 AM   #118
Sloppy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum
Your American license is good for 6 months from the time you arrive. Best bet would be to head over to AAA and get an International license. My problem is I got my wallet stolen so now I have nothing and don´t know of a way to get a duplicate from Ca.

Ever get this sorted out?

Another fellow who is a resident here told me he thought my license was good as long as my visa was. Is this true? I found a post on another forum that said I can't apply for an EU license until I am a resident. I figure one of these statements is wrong, because otherwise there is a window in there where I can't use my US license OR apply for an EU one, which seems illogical.

Also, what is the Spanish equivalent to the DMV? I'd like to read more about their application system, maybe send a few emails with questions.
Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #119
BeachBum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
The Spanish equivalent is called a Carnet, you can also gey your international liscence throught the AAA.

No I have not got my issue sorted out, pretty much stuck without the DNI or SSN for here. That was one of the only things I didn´t make a photocopy of.
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #120
TengaiJohn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum
The Spanish equivalent is called a Carnet, you can also gey your international liscence throught the AAA.
You sure about that?? Isn't the Carnet a permit and not the Department of Motor Vehicles? Just curious.
TengaiJohn is offline   Reply With Quote