User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #1741
Solace
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
An Elefant sighting - in my garage

If you go all the way back to page two of this thread you'll see this bike I just got from robsmoto ...

I only put a hundred miles on it so far but it's pretty cool. I'm sure I'll have a few questions to ask this group as time goes on.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #1742
DIRTDUC
Banned

Oddometer: 644
elefant tanks

Has anyone done the auxillary gas tanks for the back of the bike like John Deykes had done to his..I am looking to ride my orange elfefant around the world in the beginning of next year and want some extra fuel capacity..
DIRTDUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #1743
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
Dirt doc, is you Shane Y? If so get a real bike for around the world travel! And come visit. John hasn't any work so have him make you a set!!!
Allen
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #1744
DIRTDUC
Banned

dirt DUC

G'Day Alen N..LOL..
How are ya mate...long time no hear...what do you mean get a real bike...you haven't strayed from the elefanti purist line that I knew you to walk have you..I will be taking my orange Elee and maybe my girlfriend will ride my stock blue one..(yet to see if she can handle the bike or me over long distances and rough spots..LOL..) Still got your collection..??.. Be careful where you place your invitations..I may just show up on your doorstep one day...I think I still have your home waypoint logged into my GPS.. So how have you been... I tried to get in touch with John actually asking for some pics of his bike etc or even for him to sell me his whole bike..I always drooled over his and yours..
SHAYNE
Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #1745
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,137
Hey Shayne,

You remember this trip?

Truck full of elefants

My bike now

-John Jr.

I am parting out a 98 620 sx if you need anything let me know.

www.Raceforthewounded.com

azcagiva screwed with this post 03-26-2010 at 02:43 PM
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #1746
DIRTDUC
Banned

remember????

Remember that trip...hell, thats a trip I will never forget...getting "lost" out in the middle of the desert with dark approaching because someone took a wrong turn..and then having to buy fuel from the fairy talcum powder miners with the painted toe-nails, and then riding out in the pitch black (well not for me because I had those lights that y'all made fun of initially)...I still piss myself laughing when I think about that trip...you guys were a freakin blast..well except for that stick in the mud Allen I still have my "longest distance travelled" trophy in my cabinet... I just recently found my pics from that trip and I will post them on here somewhere..
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #1747
DIRTDUC
Banned

better..

The only thing that could have made that trip better was if I had have been told that it would be better to run knobbies...once again..Thanks Allen...LOL..
Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1748
azcagiva
new orange flavor

Oddometer: 1,137
Allen, my dad, and a few others are in New Zealand on a bike trip. They flew out last night so they should be there by now. So we probably won't see any witty retorts from Allen for awhile.

The fairy miners, I still laugh about those guys in the shorts with the toenails. The gas was expensive but better than the alternative.

I look forward to seeing some of the pics.

-John

www.Raceforthewounded.com
azcagiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #1749
DIRTDUC
Banned

I don't think I've EVER seen some witty retorts from Allen...LOL..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #1750
motomikedh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
I've recently sold my elefant. Didn't sell the Corbin seat, it's posted in the Flea Market Parts area. Just thought you all should have a chance at it.

Thank you herd, it was a pleasure owning an elefant. I'll keep an eye on this thread, it's a good one.
motomikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 AM   #1751
Road Weazel
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 219
Is this the wrong Elefant?

I just picked this up Saturday in NE Tucson. It was a 6 hour round trip but the bike was priced right so I think I still did OK. It's my first Ducati (Cagiva, whatever) and it's just the kewlest.
1987 Cagiva Elefant 650 with 30k miles on the clock. She's gonna need some routine maintanance like belts, valve adjustment, tyres and chain/sprockets. I've always wanted to do a Desmo valve adjustment. I think I'd better budget a whole day for this...
Is the Supertrapp exhaust end-cap stock on these? It doesn't do much for noise, it's quiet with or without it. Just kinda weird.
All the best.
Weazel

'01 BMW R11000RTP FOR SALE!
'99 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
Road Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #1752
Fantuzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Today we had an Elefant Tour with some Elefantists in my region = Lucky Eastern

Fantuzzi screwed with this post 04-05-2010 at 12:28 PM
Fantuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #1753
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
The new Elefant

Hey Dirtduc,

It's John Sr. back from New Zealand with Himself(Allen). Allen is suffering daily anxiety attacks until his new Multistrada arrives in Tucson. He did stray from the Duc fold & was temporarily bemused by the blond big titted sirens from Munich but is now back in his right mind & is eagerly waiting his new mistress. I too will never forget that Death Valley trip & our long trial in the Salinas valley. I remember asking Jr. if he thought there was anything funny about those two guys (aka fairy talcum miners). He looked at me and said, "Didn't you see that guy's painted toenails?" Oh well, any port in a storm. We enjoyed your company Buddy. You need to come again. You will always be welcome.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #1754
DIRTDUC
Banned

Yeah... people always wonder what the heck I am talking about when I tell them that talcum powder comes from fairy talcum powder miners in the middle of the nevada desert... Going to Tennessee to pick up my KTM 640 adventure this weekend, so you just never know when I might come out your way to go riding...when's the new LER...
SHAYNE
Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #1755
Lucky Explorer
Traveled the world

Oddometer: 297
Laugh

We won't invite you! On a 640 adv? Probably on street tires! Actually there hasn't been a LER for awhile, but truly dirtduc, you are always welcome. Actually nice choice on bikes, I have the rally version, remember? And I am very kalm wating on th Mully 1409!
Allen.
Lucky Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote