Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #2011
Gone14s
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilla View Post
Thanks Kurt. I found the OEM parts site and a UK yahoo group back a bit as you stated, but nothing with aftermarket items. I shall keep reading, problem is I want to stay outside and keep riding.
Here is a site to buy the panners and crash bars and more. Just look under products at the upper right top of the page.

http://www.elefantadventurebikes.com/

Kurt

http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/...900%20elefant/
Gone14s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #2012
Mikezilla
Big in Japan

Oddometer: 27
Excellent!! Thank you so much!
Mikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM   #2013
Gone14s
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey V View Post
Thanks Kurt.
Could you provide the contact info for the shop that made them? You could PM me if you don't want to put it on the board.

Dewey
Dewy, Know problem, here ya go:

Sign Chief Inc.
311 East Bidwell
Folsom Ca, 95630

Belinda 916.984.0394

They do have a email address but I don't have it.

They are a little spendy but you will get a very good art work.
When you call tell them I told you about them. They will be able to go back in there PC and bring up the decals. They only have the decals for the e900 though. They had to have my bike there to measure and cut everything as far as striping goes. All the lettering and Lucky decals where no problem. If you decide to use these folks I would be glad to run my bike over so Belinda can re- measure everything for you. There only about 10 min's away.

You can get her email address and send pic's of your bike and any decals you want cut also..........they are very good folk's.

Kurt
94 e900

Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #2014
Elefant95
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
New Cagiva Elefant prototype.

Hello folks, newbie here from England.Me and my dad own an E750 Lucky Explorer each.My bike is a 1995 & the other is 1998.Will hopefully post some pics soon.Anyway i found this prototype, see what you peeps think.

http://www.daidalgas.com/cagiva-elefant-prototype/

Nathan.
Elefant95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #2015
DuctGT1000
Ride hard, die later

Oddometer: 23
And a new Elefant rider is in.

Last September I bhought this adult female Elefant in Holland.

This baby is 22yrs old, 73'000km AND A LOT MORE TO COME.

Elefant rocks!

Il Bastardo
DuctGT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #2016
Tony T
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,388
Are you sure it's female? Have you checked??

I do agree, even if it's in drag, it is gorgeous!!!

Enjoy.

P.S. What's the pipe on her/him?
Tony T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #2017
DuctGT1000
Ride hard, die later

Oddometer: 23
Dunno for the pipe , I didn't asked the question to the previous owner and there is no name on it...

Il Bastardo
DuctGT1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #2018
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuss View Post
Finally, I am the happy owner of an Elenfant

Managed to drop it the forst day, though, when I was trying to manouvre it into the garage. Not used to the small turning circle (as opposed to my Dominator) I lost it in a slow, sharp turn and the Elefant went to sleep. Fortunately it was equipped with crash bars

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #2019
marcuss
Mahout

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
I've managed to stop dropping it. The elefant is still going strong, exept I got stuck in the middle of the Norwegian montains with a broken reg/rec. Had to have it trailered home. Here are a couple of pics from the trip.

marcuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #2020
hipine
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Nearly a new E900 man

This story begins nearly 18 years ago when my buddy Fred found his dream bike, a '94E900. We lived in Indiana, USA then and the bike was about a day's ride away in Maryland. We drove out there in his car and took turns riding the bike on the way home. I had one of my worst scares on that trip while passing a truck on the highway when the truck shredded a re-tread and huge chunks of semi truck tire tread are being fired at me while riding 75 MPH. I don't know who was scared worse though, me riding through the hail of truck tread, or Fred having to watch it in his rear view mirror! We all came through unscathed.

At the end of that trip I was in love with the bike too and made him promise if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd have right of first refusal. I was still loving my V65 Sabre at the time. I rode that Sabre for another 15 years before switching to a used DL1000 V-strom while Fred held onto the Duc, not riding it much, but enjoying it when he did. Fred finally decided to move the Duc along so the V-strom is gone now to make room and in a couple weeks my new passion will arrive.

I can't wait!

All the best,

-Dave G.
hipine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2021
Gone14s
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipine View Post
This story begins nearly 18 years ago when my buddy Fred found his dream bike, a '94E900. We lived in Indiana, USA then and the bike was about a day's ride away in Maryland. We drove out there in his car and took turns riding the bike on the way home. I had one of my worst scares on that trip while passing a truck on the highway when the truck shredded a re-tread and huge chunks of semi truck tire tread are being fired at me while riding 75 MPH. I don't know who was scared worse though, me riding through the hail of truck tread, or Fred having to watch it in his rear view mirror! We all came through unscathed.

At the end of that trip I was in love with the bike too and made him promise if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd have right of first refusal. I was still loving my V65 Sabre at the time. I rode that Sabre for another 15 years before switching to a used DL1000 V-strom while Fred held onto the Duc, not riding it much, but enjoying it when he did. Fred finally decided to move the Duc along so the V-strom is gone now to make room and in a couple weeks my new passion will arrive.

I can't wait!

All the best,

-Dave G.
Congrat's, But it least you where on a good v4. I have been restoring the Sabra's, Interceptors and Magna V4's for years now. In my day the 83 V65 Magna was the bike to own. They still hold up to the new bikes very well. I do like my 94 e900 0ver the KLR........but thats just apples and oranges.

Kurt

Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #2022
hipine
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone14s View Post
Congrat's, But it least you where on a good v4....
True Kurt, true. Rode that bike 20 years and 60k miles. Rode a lot of bikes while I had it, but none turned me on like that one. 'Strom was comfy, but not a heart-starter like the old V4 was. I think the pachaderm will please.

All the best,

-Dave G.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #2023
Fantuzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
I received a few new parts for my 750 Elefant: Slightly longer Wilbers rear shock and light Ducati exhaust.

Fantuzzi screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 11:46 PM
Fantuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #2024
hipine
n00b

Very nice! + book question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantuzzi View Post
I received a few new parts for my 750 Elefant: Slightly longer Wilbers rear shock and light Ducati exhaust. ...
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the pic. Have there been any documentary books written on the various Cagiva rally bikes and their homologation brethren?

-Dave G.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #2025
Fantuzzi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipine View Post
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the pic. Have there been any documentary books written on the various Cagiva rally bikes and their homologation brethren?

-Dave G.

I don't know about books written on this topic, but here is my favourite summary on a web site:

http://www.rallye-tenere.net/Cagiva.html
Fantuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote