Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #16
scapegoat
Pushin forward back

Oddometer: 2,872
Wondered if the new owner of the yellow Fant is here in central coast Calif? A fellow down the road from me Im told had/has a yellow Fant that was crashed about 1 year ago, I hadent seen it however or run into the owner.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #17
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,517
Yep

He lives around Santa Margarita.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #18
scapegoat
Pushin forward back

Oddometer: 2,872
That would be him. 2 doors down, sad as it is Ive never really met him. Round here I go days without seeing another person unless I go to town.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:14 PM   #19
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,517
What are you waiting for?

Go meet him. It's not like you live in the big city where people go for years avoiding their neighbors. Santa Margarita is not that big. Is it because he's a Police dog trainer that's intimidating?

Jim.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:09 PM   #20
U235Power
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rowley
He lives around Santa Margarita.
That would explain the yellow Ducati badged Elefant I saw getting off the Santa Margarita exit on my way to work one day... Sweet looking bike from what I could tell... That was about a year ago now I think...
'11 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring
Alaska 2006: 6/25 through 7/15... 9057 miles in 19 days. A trip everyone should do at least once.
U235Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #21
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Here's one for sale in So Cal:
http://www.recycler.com/motorcycles/...18&search_zip=
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:40 AM   #22
High Hope
World's Best Dog

Oddometer: 7,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by erappaport
Any Cagiva Elefants out there? last saw one (With a Ducati Badge) on the floor of my local dealer about 12 years ago. Since then, no word or sightings, and I've gotten intrigued as I ponder upsizing my dualsport fleet. The dealer is long gone, so no help there.
Erappaport, are you looking at one in Maine? It seems that when it rains it pours, 'cause I've come across one too. They look beautiful, but I am thrown off a bit by the orphan status of them too. PM me on what has come up.
High Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #23
robsmoto
Motorcycleton

Oddometer: 326
Mine is an 87 Cagiva E-650 with the Duc Pantah motor. The white frame takes a bit of work to keep clean. It is a heavy bike with a lovely sound and a fair amount of zip. At the ton the high fender will make things start to get a bit squirrelly.
robsmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #24
DesmoHead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmoto
Mine is an 87 Cagiva E-650 with the Duc Pantah motor. The white frame takes a bit of work to keep clean. It is a heavy bike with a lovely sound and a fair amount of zip. At the ton the high fender will make things start to get a bit squirrelly.
What exhaust is that? Mine has a spark arrestor on it but something that lets a little more sound out could be nice. Another question, does your chain rub on the top of the swingarm? Mine is rubbing and I am trying to figure out something I could put on the swingarm for it to rub instead of the metal
DesmoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #25
robsmoto
Motorcycleton

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoHead
What exhaust is that?

Another question, does your chain rub on the top of the swingarm? Mine is rubbing and I am trying to figure out something I could put on the swingarm for it to rub instead of the metal
I think that it is a Conti muffler. The previous owner said that he had to wait several months to get it after it was ordered (he worked at a Duc shop). It has a very rich, mellow, deep sound. I've had the bike about 10 years. Today the PO asked me if I'd sell the bike back to him... no way!!!

The original chain slider that protects the swingarm wore out last summer. I made a replacement using some thin sheets of nylon and plastic. Seems to be working ok.

I had a leaking oil sight glass last fall. I couldn't find a replacement one for the Pantah moter anywhere in the USA. Finally a place in Oz called Road and Race had plenty of spares. That's where I'll order the non-standard Duc stuff henceforth.
http://www.roadandrace.com.au/
robsmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #26
Duck900
Highway Man

Oddometer: 11
here's one

I think I incluced a picture or 3 of my elefant (sorry, first post). I just bought it a few months ago at the Kawasaki dealer. I was wanting a KLR for $5k, but the duc was much less. Loads of fun and simple to work on. Letko cycles in Kansas City supports them, but other Ducati dealer don't know and don't care. There is a great online community at http://www.elefantman.com/ If you are inclined to do your own maintenance the guys on the list will know more than you local dealer.
Mike
West Texas
Attached Images

Duck900 screwed with this post 08-08-2007 at 07:46 PM
Duck900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #27
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck900
I think I incluced a picture or 3 of my elefant (sorry, first post). I just bought it a few months ago at the Kawasaki dealer. I was wanting a KLR for $5k, but the duc was $2k. Loads of fun and simple to work on. Letko cycles in Kansas City supports them, but other Ducati dealer don't know and don't care. There is a great online community at http://www.elefantman.com/ If you are inclined to do your own maintenance the guys on the list will know more than you local dealer.
Mike
West Texas
Thats a steal for 2/5 of a KLR. I've read where you guys say they're hard to get parts for. This is probably 205, but they were sold as cagiva's here, posibly everywhere outside the USA. Perhaps if you tried to order parts from MV Agusta / Cagiva you'd be able to get them.

And would someone hurry up and post some pic's of an elephant in the Lucky strike Explorer warpaint.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #28
Stuntman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Just set you a PM

PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck900
I think I incluced a picture or 3 of my elefant (sorry, first post). I just bought it a few months ago at the Kawasaki dealer. I was wanting a KLR for $5k, but the duc was $2k. Loads of fun and simple to work on. Letko cycles in Kansas City supports them, but other Ducati dealer don't know and don't care. There is a great online community at http://www.elefantman.com/ If you are inclined to do your own maintenance the guys on the list will know more than you local dealer.
Mike
West Texas
Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #29
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
elefant

2,000.00 ? such a deal!
Old 06-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #30
unknown1
At Peace

Oddometer: 191
Are there aftermarket seats for these? What is it like 2up? Can you get the mounts for cases easily?
unknown1 is offline   Reply With Quote