Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #1321
lateral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Does anyone know the story behind this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman

Pretty Killer Jim!!! I am also a big fan of the trailie Beemers.
Outside of the custom Italian fibreglass, what is this bike based on? It looks awesome.
'88 NX250
lateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #1322
Desertpistons
80s dakar

Oddometer: 247
gs

Ask Jim Rowley of M.A.P. It is his bike !- It was built on a gs 1100 modified frame.
Desertpistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #1323
MC-Leather
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Windshield

Does anyone have a stock windshield they want to sell? I want to cut one down so I can see over it on bad trails.
A bunch of Hondas and random other bikes.
MC-Leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #1324
motomikedh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Stand up Leather !!! How short are you??
motomikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 PM   #1325
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,651
hi motomikedh
Any progress in your fork update ?
I am making some, right now the donor forks are being rebuilt, I am waiting for the seals to arrive and I will put it back together.

Then I am waiting for 1 more banjo bolt for the brake system and I have all the pieces to put it together.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #1326
christian
Exchange your GPS Track!

Oddometer: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC-Leather
Does anyone have a stock windshield they want to sell? I want to cut one down so I can see over it on bad trails.
PM sent, make offer.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #1327
BARB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,814
[QUOTE=Stuntman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoHead
Here is mine Pretty fun bike, just wish it had a better seat

Nice 750! Pretty rare to find a clean one.
That's a 650, I've got 2 87's that look just like it. Sargent made a seat for one that's awesome. Just send in your pan.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #1328
MC-Leather
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomikedh
Stand up Leather !!! How short are you??
I'm 5'9" but when I'm cruzing the gravel roads I don't feel like standing for 2 hours at a time.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #1329
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Question Front Brake wiring issue .....

Greetings everyone ......

K, so I have a 94 e900, which I love. I actually think I dig it more than my 96 Tiger, which I also love.

Well here's the thing. I noticed that when I hit my front brake, my tail light doesn't light up. When I hit my rear brake it does, so I know it's not just a simple bulb change or anything. I wish it was .....
:
I am the second owner, and it appears that the first owner did something funky with the wiring. So much to a degree, that I took it in to my mechanic, and he and I both checked it out. Without going into too much time at the shop, and then money, he wasn't sure where the problem was but felt it was in the wiring ........ somewhere.
:
So my question to all of you relates to parts. Assuming the problem could be anywhere along the chain, per se, from the back of the brake lever, all the way to the brake light, are there replacement parts, even 3rd party, that I could obtain out there, if I had to replace anything? Or is this going to have to be a DIY thing with me and my mechanic.

I know I can get, at this point in time still, anything I need for my Tiger, but I've only had my Elefant since last summer, and I believe I can't get anything from Ducati like eletrical wise. I know for sure I can't get plastics - Not that I need them .......

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Take it easy and ride safe everyone ..............

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #1330
skidmark43
Does this look infected?

Oddometer: 26
I see you're in the PNW. Cantact Michael Heth at Dumbo Development Labs (the operator / host of the Elefant board).
He know the elefant electrics inside & out, and offers many quality solutions at reasonable cost.
Mark
Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #1331
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark43
I see you're in the PNW. Cantact Michael Heth at Dumbo Development Labs (the operator / host of the Elefant board).
He know the elefant electrics inside & out, and offers many quality solutions at reasonable cost.
Mark
Thank you kind sir!

Old 01-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1332
MC-Leather
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Greetings everyone ......

K, so I have a 94 e900, which I love. I actually think I dig it more than my 96 Tiger, which I also love.

Well here's the thing. I noticed that when I hit my front brake, my tail light doesn't light up. When I hit my rear brake it does, so I know it's not just a simple bulb change or anything. I wish it was .....
:
I am the second owner, and it appears that the first owner did something funky with the wiring. So much to a degree, that I took it in to my mechanic, and he and I both checked it out. Without going into too much time at the shop, and then money, he wasn't sure where the problem was but felt it was in the wiring ........ somewhere.
:
So my question to all of you relates to parts. Assuming the problem could be anywhere along the chain, per se, from the back of the brake lever, all the way to the brake light, are there replacement parts, even 3rd party, that I could obtain out there, if I had to replace anything? Or is this going to have to be a DIY thing with me and my mechanic.

I know I can get, at this point in time still, anything I need for my Tiger, but I've only had my Elefant since last summer, and I believe I can't get anything from Ducati like eletrical wise. I know for sure I can't get plastics - Not that I need them .......

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Take it easy and ride safe everyone ..............

G.
My money is on the brake light switch, they fail all the time. Radio shack has them for $5. Try unplugging the wires and touch them together.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #1333
RonS
Out there...

Oddometer: 17,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC-Leather
My money is on the brake light switch, they fail all the time. Radio shack has them for $5. Try unplugging the wires and touch them together.
That's my guess as well. If you have an ohm meter you can just test for continuity across the wires with the switch depressed and open. When depressed it should let the current flow. When open there should be nothing. I just went out to look at mine to see what the switch looked like and I noticed that mine front works fine but the rear doesn't light up the brake light. Looks like I have some diagnostics in my future as well. Ain't it fun:)
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #1334
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS
That's my guess as well. If you have an ohm meter you can just test for continuity across the wires with the switch depressed and open. When depressed it should let the current flow. When open there should be nothing. I just went out to look at mine to see what the switch looked like and I noticed that mine front works fine but the rear doesn't light up the brake light. Looks like I have some diagnostics in my future as well. Ain't it fun:)
How ironic ......

Yeah ..... I know we could test for continuity down the line, but at that time (at the shop) my friend / mechanic was in the middle of a couple other things, etc ..... and this was an unscheduled visit to him.

The problem with my place and where I live, is that I literally have zero room to work on the beasts. In fact I have to rent a storage space to house 2 of them. I ......... rotate through them.

Anyhow, I found Heth's site (Dumbo) and plan to download the wiring schematic he has. To the poster that referred me to that site, Thanks!

With that said, as well, I'm just about to launch into my winter time bike project ..... It'll probably be another week or so before I officially start, but I've been wanting to re-paint the Elefant. Actually, I wanted to right from the start because I've never cared too much for Maroon, but summer was for riding .......

So this would be the perfect time, with all the plastics off to trace the issue with the brake light, install that light relay thingy so I can run both headlights on low, instead of just high, give it new headlights, grips, handguards, and of course, get it painted.

As for the painting, I have a few ideas in my head that I have not solidified just yet .... so if anyone wants to show me their paint jobs please do so. I know this forum has tons of pics in it of custom painted Elefants, but this forum is huge in it's amount of pages, and would take me hours to try and find pics.

I'll be posting my little project with updates here as soon as I get started.

Take it easy everyone and ride safe .............

G.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #1335
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,552
switch

my 94' has the same problem,just the rear brake works the stop light.i've never gotten around to fix'n it.have to give jim @ letko a call.